Do I need to print Covid results?

Daisy0214

Do not depend on having service in the terminal.  Either print or have a pdf on your phone that you can access quickly.  Makes the lines go faster if people aren't trying to find various documents on their phone.

1 hour ago, Daisy0214 said:

I have them on my phone with a QR code. Is it necessary to print it? 

I prefer to be safe rather than sorry, always print a copy of my travel docs, no matter how I am traveling.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daisy0214 said:

Do you NEED to print it?  No.  SHOULD you print it?  Absolutely.  I had a mini-nightmare in Berlin Airport a few months ago when I couldn't access results on my phone.  If the website is down or you have a spotty connection you'll have a massive headache, so just print it out.

7 hours ago, Daisy0214 said:

Are you "required" to print it out - No. 

Should you have a hardcopy of all of your documents (including COVID Test Results) - Yes. 

We have been on 6 post-restart cruises (2 in the past 2 months) and have watched numerous people struggling with documentation on their phones. We're in and out of check-in while others are still fumbling around at the first check point. 

• Like 3

I always print essential documents in advance just in case there's an issue with the phone, but for ones that you can't (e.g. shore excursion tickets only accessible through the app), I grab screenshots on my phone in advance just in case the app doesn't load when I need them.

I even print out a copy of the front pages on my passport to have a hard copy of it in case my passport gets lost, stolen or mangled.

I carry hard copies of everything I’ll need at checkin in a folder.  I hand it to the person(s) checking me in.  I don’t fumble around trying to find something on my iPad or iPhone which may or may not have power or a signal, leaving me stuck.

I print everything and keep a digital copy as well. However, for our trip on the Encore next week, I will be using an electronic copy of the test results as I will not have access to the printer as we are arriving to the port a week early. I would suggest downloading and saving any digital document on your phone or tablet so that you don't need to rely on a cellular data connection at the port.

• Like 2

What I planned to do in March, and didn't fully implement, was to have a Google Drive folder containing PDF files of all the documentation I needed.  I then made it available offline (cached locally on my phone AND tablet) and pinned it to my home screen (because I can with Android devices) so it was quickly accessible. 

The part about not fully implementing it - I didn't get my vaccine card or COVID test into there as I planned on relying on those apps.  Fortunately the WiFi was pretty good and I got the apps working just as I got to the screeners.  Yes, rather than waiting until I got to the screeners I was working on getting things pulled up as soon as I entered the building, spending my time in the line making sure things worked so as not to waste their time or that of the folks behind me while I fumbled with everything.  The only documents that made it in there were my cruise boarding pass, my hotel confirmation and my airline reservation.