Vancouver R/T Sailing with note of recovery

funhouse8

Hello, I was hoping someone can give me a straight answer. I had covid and have a note of recovery with postive 30 day old pcr covid test. Will I need to take the 48 hour covid test to board. Called Celebrity and received 2 different answers. I do not want to have to test if I don't have to but don't want to be denied boarding either. Has anyone boarded with this yet? Thanks 

UPDATE: SORRY, I googled the Canadian website but ended up on the Princess CL website. Although it is straightforward and appears to be accurate- I would fully trust only the Canadian Government Website.But since it is so clearly written I will leave this here:

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months of the date of their cruise departure date or cruisetour departure date (whichever starts first) do not need to get a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19 infection.

Documentation of Recovery consists of the following:

Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago), or

A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an offcial health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection.

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion. Guests who are unable to provide documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements, must take the required COVID-19 viral test before their vacation and show a negative result.

Edited by 5waldos

1 hour ago, funhouse8 said:

Hello, I was hoping someone can give me a straight answer. I had covid and have a note of recovery with postive 30 day old pcr covid test. Will I need to take the 48 hour covid test to board. Called Celebrity and received 2 different answers. I do not want to have to test if I don't have to but don't want to be denied boarding either. Has anyone boarded with this yet? Thanks 

Do you have the copy of positive PCR test? As long as you have that and your letter you won’t have to test to board 

• Like 1

Sounds like it would be much easier to take the antigen test and forget  all the paperwork.   If it’s been 30 days since your positive PCR test you would likely have a negative antigen test.   You can do a test with one of those free COVID test kits we got from the government.

8 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Sounds like it would be much easier to take the antigen test and forget  all the paperwork.   If it’s been 30 days since your positive PCR test you would likely have a negative antigen test.   You can do a test with one of those free COVID test kits we got from the government.

You can do that for your peace of mind but it won’t work for getting on the ship because it is not a proctored test

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

You can do that for your peace of mind but it won’t work for getting on the ship because it is not a proctored test

True but at least she would know what the outcome would be when she got the formal test. If she tested positive she could go back to the proof of recovery paperwork.