Holland and Canada COVID Testing

Bob1956

Am i reading all the information correctly? For Holland we need a COVID test within 72 hours of embarkment and Canada doesn't require a COVID test if we are fully vacinated? Delta airlines requires it within 72 hours of departure.

With Canada I initially thought a test wasn’t required, but they direct you to the section specifically for cruise ship and then it is required.  PCR up to 72 hours before or antigen up to 2 days before

Where did you see Delta requires a test?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob1956 said:

Am i reading all the information correctly? For Holland we need a COVID test within 72 hours of embarkment and Canada doesn't require a COVID test if we are fully vacinated? Delta airlines requires it within 72 hours of departure.

I just rechecked for my flights and on Delta from Atlanta to Rome and within the US and on KLM from Florence to Netherlands no test is required.

All adults must be vaccinated for a HAL cruise, and Canada does require a COVID test for all passengers aged 2 and older. The timing of the test varies:

Guests embarking in a Canadian port OR a U.S. port that includes Canada in the itinerary:

All guests aged 2 and older are required to take either an antigen COVID-19 test within 2 days of embarkation or PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to embarkation or arrival for the land portion of a Cruisetour.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-usa.html#testing

2 hours ago, Bob1956 said:

From Holland America:  Please be advised that the COVID-19 testing policy for traveling to the United States has been updated. We are pleased to share that if you are traveling to the U.S. after your cruise, a negative COVID-19 test is no longer required for air travel into the U.S. from international destinations."

2 hours ago, Bob1956 said:

For Holland we need a COVID test

Are you referring to the country formerly known as Holland and now known as Netherlands, or are you referring to the cruise line Holland America Line?

50 minutes ago, Bob1956 said:

getting the boat in Vancouver

Get tested before your cruise at the Vancouver Airport or Convention Center next to the Cruise Port (Canada Center). There are other options such as the Fairmont Hotel.

Here is a link to schedule your appointment.

Travel Clinic | PCR Test | Rapid Test // CVM Medical (covid-medical.ca)

8 hours ago, Bob1956 said:

You don’t need a COVID test to FLY into Canada, but you do need a COVID test to get on a cruise ship that departs from Canada

@Carla3 is right on. Test only needed to board the ship (the requirement to test to fly into the US was dropped a few weeks ago, fortunately). 

Cheapest pre-cruise testing option, at least that I could find, was using a free or over-the-counter Covid test and then administering it via telehealth appointment with a company that will certify the results - $15 -  (not including the cost of the test you choose to use):

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/virtual-travel-testing/

Edited by BroncoBobblehead

2 hours ago, BroncoBobblehead said:

@Carla3 is right on. Test only needed to board the ship (the requirement to test to fly into the US was dropped a few weeks ago, fortunately). 

Cheapest pre-cruise testing option, at least that I could find, was using a free or over-the-counter Covid test and then administering it via telehealth appointment with a company that will certify the results - $15 -  (not including the cost of the test you choose to use):

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/virtual-travel-testing/

This will work for the required cruise ship test?!  Can we use the Covid test we got free from the US government?

3 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

This will work for the required cruise ship test?!  Can we use the Covid test we got free from the US government?

Yes, the us government issue test is accepted as long as you have the test monitored by one of the telehealth testing sites listed in post #12, or others like it.  You will receive a certificate from the site with your official results.