"Upper Suite requests"

samplecd02

First time on Celebrity and first time in an Edge Villa.
In doing research I have figured out some things I will need to request when I talk to my PRH or Shoreside Concierge. Please let me know if there is anything else I should set up that is not in the list below:
Pillow preferences
Bar Setup preferences

Specialty Dining Reservations
When to have "afternoon tea" or snacks
When to have the tub filled on veranda

I am not a high maintenance person at all and usually keep to myself (used to the "do it myself" mentality) but this is my big cruise to take after COVID and the last one I will be able to take for many years so I want to be sure to take advantage of the "perks" (and no, I can fill my own bathtub 😜)

• Like 1

The shoreside Concierge will ask what time you plan on arriving at the port, what size pj's you want and a few other things. The last 2 things on your list will be handled onboard. The biggest items are dining and bar setup but even they can be taken care of on board.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Pretty cool for your first celebrity cruise , we had upper end on last two , royal on summit and penthouse on edge. We are low maintenance, you get two liters of booze plus a good bottle of champagne, we traded champagne for Cabernet. Had McAllen scotch and Bombay sapphire gin. We had most meals in Luminae but steak restaurant was very good and had dinner there twice and I would definitely book le petit chef , it is a very unique dining experience. Love the retreat area on edge class ships . Be prepared to be spoiled. 

You pretty much covered it unless you have some other request that's not specifically listed. As mentioned, that's pretty much done on board. 

We usually need to let our PRH know that we really, truly don't want any sodas in the refrigerator other than club soda, as that request never seems to make it from the shoreside concierge.  We also like to have some lemon or lime wedges.

I also like to have a detox smoothie brought with breakfast, and the PRH makes sure that happens. We always write that down on the order slip (and we use an order slip), but I do believe it helps out to let our PRH know that's coming. 

Man, it sure is nice to walk out of your bedroom and find breakfast all set up on the table (under cover, of course).

If you ever care to entertain in your suite, your PRH can arrange for some snacks and, perhaps, some drinks. 

I like to take care of dining reservations before boarding just so that we have something we want. They can be changed after boarding, but it's not often that we do. It's nice to have something relatively settled, especially with the more popular venues like Murano. That's just for specialty restaurants, of course. Dining in your room is something you can arrange once on board. 

If you need to make, change, or cancel reservations for any dining, shore excursions, or other activities, you can easily do that through your PRH or retreat concierge (the latter usually able to handle it right on the spot). I'm not sure how connected the are with the spa, though, just because I've never asked them to do anything in that regard. 

"Prepare to be spoiled" is good advice. 

• Like 1

When your shoreside concierge contacts you it is useful to have your completed list ready and to email it after the conversation. Relying on verbal communication only in our experience results in errors. We also take two copies on board with us. One for the butler just in case the shoreside service hasn’t worked (does occasionally happen) and one for us to remind us of our dining plan!

The shoreside concierge may mail you a list of spirits to choose from. Do not feel limited by it. Basically anything on the Premium list. For example, there is no cognac on the list but we always order it…

Think about any other bits and bobs you may enjoy… We like a decent fruit bowl and also a kettle and tea tray (yes we are Brits…).

You are right to pre book your on board dining. The PRH will try to ensure any speciality dining requests once on board but they (and the speciality restaurants) really appreciate you pre booking. Easier for them if you pre book then cancel or adjust once on board than trying to get you in to the most popular restaurants last minute.

If you are celebrating a special occasion on board add it to your list. If you want to arrange a special in suite meal one evening wait until you are on board and talk to the PRH personally. Often asking their advice about what they could arrange results in a treat not on any menu…We always give the PRH 24 hours warning if we want a ‘special’ in suite meal or to host a sail away etc.

Once on board remember to touch base with the Retreat concierge. If you would like a galley tour, a bridge tour….let him/her know. These were postponed during early post covid cruises but may now be operating and can be enjoyable. The PRH will generally look after your in suite needs whilst the concierge will look after ‘ship’ issues…Basically anything you would normally go to guest services with.

The beauty of suite cruising on Celebrity is you have a big ship to explore and the more ‘club’ ambiance of the Retreat areas. We tend to split our time between the two…We tend to enjoy a quiet pre dinner drink in the Retreat Lounge but then post dinner we will go to one of the more lively bars post dinner…As a first time Celebrity cruiser it will be nice for you to get a taster of the full ship experience.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The shoreside Concierge will ask what time you plan on arriving at the port, what size pj's you want and a few other things. The last 2 things on your list will be handled onboard. The biggest items are dining and bar setup but even they can be taken care of on board.

Pjs? I didnt know about that one! 

When they introduced the revolution, upper suites got to keep the robes which could be embroidered with your initials. Apparently most guests left them on board as they were to big and heavy to pack and the embroidery was a problem as it did not survive washing.

Early on after the pandemic they replaced the robes as a gift with PJs. We've got 6 pairs of the PJs now and are starting to think we'll leave them on board. Its like the grey Tote bags... how many does one need. 

They usually appear on the first chic night

IMG_20220628_130659.thumb.jpg.e8320fd2e9ee139fc8b4e9b777e61ed8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Me too!  The PJs are meh.  Love the robes.  I would have had two by now if it hadn't been for the shutdown.  Oh well.

Ok so you can take the robes home if you are in an Upper suite? I had been told before that you couldnt but that was when I was just in a Sky suite.

24 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Ok so you can take the robes home if you are in an Upper suite? I had been told before that you couldnt but that was when I was just in a Sky suite.

Royal suites and above , that gives you all the extra perks 

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

The pjs were not available on our last cruise, we were told they had supply issues so don’t build up your hopes too high!

There's not much reason to get excited about the pajamas even if they are available.  I know some folks are happy with them, but they don't do much for me.  We told the shoreside concierge not to even bother with them on our last cruise.  It's nice that they want to do something like that, though.

44 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

No, you can't take them home. Until they switched to pj's they gave upper level suites new, in the package robes that they monogramed if you wanted. You can buy them if they have some available and the price was not bad.

48 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

There's not much reason to get excited about the pajamas even if they are available.  I know some folks are happy with them, but they don't do much for me.  We told the shoreside concierge not to even bother with them on our last cruise.  It's nice that they want to do something like that, though.

If they are anything size wise like the robes then they will be of no use….Not designed for little people!

• Haha 1

The pajama bottoms run very small. The L/XL pants, which should be roomy, look like a medium to me. I was told pre-cruise that they ran out of them, but they were available on the Summit last week.  I would also prefer another robe and/or a nice canvas tote bag (which I continually suggest); I leave the nylon tote bag in the cabin. 

To the original poster, you might want to ask the pre-cruise concierge for food if you will have a sailaway celebration in your suite. Also, your stairs are fairly steep, I ask the butler or room attendant that my luggage be brought upstairs. Your balcony is tight, and the furniture has been in two different configurations (couch near door or couch near pool) - I think passengers move them around, which is no easy thing. You might determine what is best for you. I've never seen the lounge chairs facing the water, even though that's how it is depicted on the drawings. I wonder if there's enough room. Finally,  the upstairs TV (on the Edge, at least) has a weirdly set up remote, have your butler explain it. Have fun!  It's a really great cabin. 

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

If they are anything size wise like the robes then they will be of no use….Not designed for little people!

We never took them out of the plastic, so we really don't know!

Yes, those robes are immense, and they also are mighty warm.  That kinda works for a robe, though.  I love wearing that robe on cool nights and out on the balcony when the wind is blowing through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

The pajama bottoms run very small. The L/XL pants, which should be roomy, look like a medium to me. I was told pre-cruise that they ran out of them, but they were available on the Summit last week.  I would also prefer another robe and/or a nice canvas tote bag (which I continually suggest); I leave the nylon tote bag in the cabin. 

To the original poster, you might want to ask the pre-cruise concierge for food if you will have a sailaway celebration in your suite. Also, your stairs are fairly steep, I ask the butler or room attendant that my luggage be brought upstairs. Your balcony is tight, and the furniture has been in two different configurations (couch near door or couch near pool) - I think passengers move them around, which is no easy thing. You might determine what is best for you. I've never seen the lounge chairs facing the water, even though that's how it is depicted on the drawings. I wonder if there's enough room. Finally,  the upstairs TV (on the Edge, at least) has a weirdly set up remote, have your butler explain it. Have fun!  It's a really great cabin. 

I don't recommend asking the shoreside concierge for food for a sailaway party.  I simply asked her to alert our butler that I would be holding one.  She sent me a catering menu with a $550 setup charge!  And more charges for the food.  This was not my first rodeo and I knew that the butler would take care of this for no charge.  So, if you're planning to do this, just connect with your butler ASAP after you board.  If he/she is not hanging around, have the Retreat concierge contact him/her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't recommend asking the shoreside concierge for food for a sailaway party.  I simply asked her to alert our butler that I would be holding one.  She sent me a catering menu with a $550 setup charge!  And more charges for the food.  This was not my first rodeo and I knew that the butler would take care of this for no charge.  So, if you're planning to do this, just connect with your butler ASAP after you board.  If he/she is not hanging around, have the Retreat concierge contact him/her.

I was just off the Summit on Sunday in a PH, no charge - not a big party, two smallish platters. 

16 hours ago, chemmo said:

When your shoreside concierge contacts you it is useful to have your completed list ready and to email it after the conversation. Relying on verbal communication only in our experience results in errors. We also take two copies on board with us. One for the butler just in case the shoreside service hasn’t worked (does occasionally happen) and one for us to remind us of our dining plan!

The shoreside concierge may mail you a list of spirits to choose from. Do not feel limited by it. Basically anything on the Premium list. For example, there is no cognac on the list but we always order it…

Think about any other bits and bobs you may enjoy… We like a decent fruit bowl and also a kettle and tea tray (yes we are Brits…).

You are right to pre book your on board dining. The PRH will try to ensure any speciality dining requests once on board but they (and the speciality restaurants) really appreciate you pre booking. Easier for them if you pre book then cancel or adjust once on board than trying to get you in to the most popular restaurants last minute.

If you are celebrating a special occasion on board add it to your list. If you want to arrange a special in suite meal one evening wait until you are on board and talk to the PRH personally. Often asking their advice about what they could arrange results in a treat not on any menu…We always give the PRH 24 hours warning if we want a ‘special’ in suite meal or to host a sail away etc.

Once on board remember to touch base with the Retreat concierge. If you would like a galley tour, a bridge tour….let him/her know. These were postponed during early post covid cruises but may now be operating and can be enjoyable. The PRH will generally look after your in suite needs whilst the concierge will look after ‘ship’ issues…Basically anything you would normally go to guest services with.

The beauty of suite cruising on Celebrity is you have a big ship to explore and the more ‘club’ ambiance of the Retreat areas. We tend to split our time between the two…We tend to enjoy a quiet pre dinner drink in the Retreat Lounge but then post dinner we will go to one of the more lively bars post dinner…As a first time Celebrity cruiser it will be nice for you to get a taster of the full ship experience.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise…