Shuttle from Trieste

Sasue1

Yes, at least for cruises that were originally scheduled to disembark in Venice, but were moved to Trieste.  For those who booked before a certain date (I think sometime in April), HAL is providing a complimentary transfer.  I suspect, but don't know for a fact, that anyone that booked after that time can purchase a transfer.  For a recent cruise that disembarked a few days ago, the shuttles started at 6AM and ran through 8:30AM leaving Trieste.  The bus ride is about 2 1/2 hours.

For us the total time from announcement that our group could disembark until we arrived at Marco Polo airport was a total of 2.5 hours.  The bus was only half full and we were happy with the way it ran.  Had the bus been full, it may have been a little uncomfortable, but nothing like the security line at the airport 😱

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

For us the total time from announcement that our group could disembark until we arrived at Marco Polo airport was a total of 2.5 hours.  The bus was only half full and we were happy with the way it ran.  Had the bus been full, it may have been a little uncomfortable, but nothing like the security line at the airport 😱

How long was the security line?

We had the last bus going from Trieste to Venice Tronchetto on June 13th. It ran smoothly. I’m fairly certain that transfers will be available, just not sure if it’ll be complimentary or for purchase, depends just like @Torquer said. 

And @VMax1700 is right- be prepared for the security line!  It’s quite long. 

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’m not VMax1700 but it took us 45 - 55 minutes to go through security on June 19th in Venice Marco Polo airport. 

Do note that there are two security lines, one for DIRECT US flights and the other line is for all other flights.  We were inter europe flight so our queue was 75 minutes (which is the line you would be in for a flight to US with a transfer within Europe). 

Saturday morning, schools and colleges starting holidays.  Our flight was half full of Italian exchange students flying to Ireland to learn 'real' English 🤣

There is a separate security queue for direct US flights.

Sorry, this was intended for @billyu

Edited by VMax1700

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

Do note that there are two security lines, one for DIRECT US flights and the other line is for all other flights.  We were inter europe flight so our queue was 75 minutes (which is the line you would be in for a flight to US with a transfer within Europe). 

Saturday morning, schools and colleges starting holidays.  Our flight was half full of Italian exchange students flying to Ireland to learn 'real' English 🤣

There is a separate security queue for direct US flights.

Yes, thank you for reminding me about the two different security lines. Unfortunately, we were in the longer looking line like you because we were flying to Heathrow.

A tip—make sure to check your bags first. The signage is confusing and with the way the airport is laid out it’s easy to miss the check in area. I felt really bad because we saw a lot of people with their luggage in the security line, and then moving out of line. I think an employee was walking the line asking people but that line is so long you could easily stand there for an hour and not realize. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

A tip—make sure to check your bags first

Yes, that is a confusing part of VCE aiport.  Most inter europe flights seem to check in on ground floor, (0) whereas US airlines seem to have their check in on the first floor.(1) (and that is a european first floor, which not ground level but one above it).

The security lines for both are on first floor (1).

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, that is a confusing part of VCE aiport.  Most inter europe flights seem to check in on ground floor, (0) whereas US airlines seem to have their check in on the first floor.(1) (and that is a european first floor, which not ground level but one above it).

The security lines for both are on first floor (1).

To add to the confusion the check in for Air Canada (VCE to Toronto and I assume Montreal - is also on the ground floor.

• Like 1

@VMax1700and @Sharon in AZBy any chance did you notice if VCE had a faster (shorter) security line for business class passengers?  We will be on Air France from VCE to Paris and then to NY, both flights in business class.  Normally, its hardly worth it to get business class on intra-European flights, but if it saves a lot of time at security I will be happier spending the money.

39 minutes ago, Torquer said:

@VMax1700and @Sharon in AZBy any chance did you notice if VCE had a faster (shorter) security line for business class passengers?  We will be on Air France from VCE to Paris and then to NY, both flights in business class.  Normally, its hardly worth it to get business class on intra-European flights, but if it saves a lot of time at security I will be happier spending the money.

Yes they did and we even were in Business class ourselves but never saw that particular security line until we were right upon it and when we checked in and checked our luggage no one explained it to us. Like I said earlier, the signage is confusing, it’s very difficult to see where you are actually going, the area is huge, the line is long and with the crowds and hoards of people we just decided to stay where we were. If I had do-overs I would have suggested that one of us go check out the front of the line. Thank goodness we were early enough that it didn’t matter. 

Yes, it is very difficult to see.

I have put as blue 'arrow' at the point where the Priority lane is situated.  The red line is the queue for regular security.  So you need to ignore the security line and head toward the car rental desks.

Here is a link to the map  https://www.veneziaairport.it/upload/files/mappe_vce_-_aprile_2022_eng.pdf

2020670603_Screenshot2022-06-29092926.thumb.jpg.ec233daec63554cb409aaeb30437182e.jpg

• Like 1

I had a European trip planned for this coming fall that I canceled for various reasons.  However, I think I would have been unhappy with a 2 1/2 hour crowded bus ride to get there from Venice.  After all the travel from the states, it would have been another annoying inconvenience.