Revised itinerary for next years Baltic cruise.

terrierjohn

Just had an e-mail from P&O providing a revised itinerary for our Spring Baltic cruise. As expected St Petersburg is dropped and replaced with overnights in Stickholm and Copenhagen.

This reduces the number of ports to 5 from 6, and for those,  like us, who dont appreciate overnight stops, it rather diminishes the enjoyment. It would have suited us far better if they had only had one overnight, and added a  new port to replace the other St P stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Just had an e-mail from P&O providing a revised itinerary for our Spring Baltic cruise. As expected St Petersburg is dropped and replaced with overnights in Stickholm and Copenhagen.

This reduces the number of ports to 5 from 6, and for those,  like us, who dont appreciate overnight stops, it rather diminishes the enjoyment. It would have suited us far better if they had only had one overnight, and added a  new port to replace the other St P stop.

Agree. Overnight stops do not interest me. Hope Arcadia in August sticks to advertised itinerary. Fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We like new ports. Stickholm looks worth a visit if it has a minitrain.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We also received an email about revised itinerary for our Baltic cruise Sept 2023. Now overnight in Helsinki and also in Copenhagen. Will probably look to do an excursion as we are there 2 days. Would have preferred another port to visit but not that upset. Been to both ports before. Booked this cruise as wanted to visit Tallinn, Estonia so pleased they haven't dropped this port.

My revised itinerary in July replaces St Petersberg with Riga and Skagen. No overnights and an extra port.

Not in the least bit surprised, was waiting for a revised itinerary. 

Edited by FangedRose

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Agree. Overnight stops do not interest me. Hope Arcadia in August sticks to advertised itinerary. Fingers crossed!

Had an overnight in Copenhagen and it was great ,if we went again did we would spend the evening in  Tivoli  as never got the time to go there , loved all the ports on our Baltic cruise , Talinn been the least favourite 

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think you need to do a reality check and consider the reason why you are no longer going to St. Petersburg. I'm sure there are many Ukranians who would welcome a night in Stockholm or Copenhagen.

We love overnight stops.  There haven't been enough of them.  Or even a very late night departure.  We went ashore in Dubrovnik for a drink at 6.30.  The places was deserted, just a guy playing the piano and lots of swallows flying.  Magical.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Palaceman said:

I think you need to do a reality check and consider the reason why you are no longer going to St. Petersburg

John is not complaining about SPB being dropped. He is upset about the reduction in ports being visited.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

John is not complaining about SPB being dropped. He is upset about the reduction in ports being visited.

Regardless of what he is complaining about or what upsets him, he needs to be glad he's able to go on a cruise!

28 minutes ago, Palaceman said:

Regardless of what he is complaining about or what upsets him, he needs to be glad he's able to go on a cruise!

Strange response.

We are all pleased to be cruising. Why pick on John ? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Palaceman said:

I think you need to do a reality check and consider the reason why you are no longer going to St. Petersburg. I'm sure there are many Ukranians who would welcome a night in Stockholm or Copenhagen.

I have absolutely no issue with SP being dropped, and until Putin's regime is overthrown I would never consider returning there, and maybe not even then.

My issue is that Stockholm and Copenhagen are already ports of call, but now extended to 2 days in port. That is a reduction in the number of ports, and since we personally have no interest in having our evening meal ashore, or 2 days in the same place, we would have preferred either 2 extra ports, or just one overnight and one extra port to bring the number back to 6.

PS, thanks for the support Wowzz, it seems some people are a wee bit too quick with their replies, and dont read the posts thoroughly.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 13

I’m always grateful to be able to cruise, but I moved my Baltic cruise next September to something else and booked a princess cruise to Mediterranean today instead.

Really only booked the Baltic for St. Petersburg and Tallinn as been to the other ports , I was just waiting for the change in itinerary and the email so could move hoping for a fcc but no they not doing that .

I hope they don't change our itinery on Britannia in September. We are due an o/n in Stockholm which is not too bad. I am glad they have kept my fav. on which is Tallinn. I also hope that there are free shuttles in Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen.

We have really enjoyed our over-night stops though I must say they were at destinations where a) there was plenty of interest for a two day stop eg Reykjavik, b) they were easy 'walk-off' ports so you could get off the ship to enjoy the immediate eg having a drink in the Old Town in Quebec or c) had some attractive evening excursions on offer eg Cotton  Club in NY (granted very geared to tourists and not the original  - but a great experience),  Club Tropicana in Havana,  Palm Court Jazz Cafe New Orleans.

It's also great on the first day to have the freedom to plan a more adventurous DiY excursion without worrying about getting back in time for sailing.  Some of our best memories are from places where we were able to enjoy a evening in port. 

However I'd be the first to say that it all depends on the port. Some lend themselves to a extended stay others not so much and some I wouldn't entertain!  I welcome the idea of more overnight destinations being included in itineraries but would like to research what's on offer otherwise as has been mentioned before it comes at the cost of another different port of call.  

• Like 2

Yes, I can understand why TJ is disappointed.  My comment about overnight stays was about the cruise we did with Fred where staying overnight was in Seville so had 2 days there and no excursion needed.  I fully understand this is very disappointing.  Already lost SPB for obvious reasons, but surely they could have put in a new, different port.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I hope they don't change our itinery on Britannia in September. We are due an o/n in Stockholm which is not too bad. I am glad they have kept my fav. on which is Tallinn. I also hope that there are free shuttles in Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen.

Can confirm there are free shuttles in all those ports for Select fare guests. Was there in May on Britannia. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Palaceman said:

He doesn’t ‘need’ to be anything.  He’s a paying customer, commenting on changes to the itinerary. And as someone who has to plan his cruises very carefully, he’s fully entitled to express his preferences. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

He doesn’t ‘need’ to be anything.  He’s a paying customer, commenting on changes to the itinerary. And as someone who has to plan his cruises very carefully, he’s fully entitled to express his preferences. 

+1.

I absolutely agree.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nyhavn in Copenhagen has excellent night time venue's.

Agreed, we had a lovely night out there albeit many years ago. The prices were eye watering back then though, so lord knows what a few drinks and maybe a bite to eat will cost these days!

• Like 1