Seabourn recognises Crystal Society status for Seabourn Club

Stickman1990

A nice status match offer from Seabourn for Crystal Society members - recognition in Seabourn Club programme

Given Crystal recognised Voyages (in two categories depending on the length) it’s interesting to see the bands they’ve used to recognise the number of days for the status match

B9495F1D-D6A9-4E17-AC79-108C3C5F8C1C.thumb.jpeg.37ab0f8e45f91b059ca853bc0182b872.jpeg

Anyway a nice benefit for those ex Crystal cruisers trying Seabourn out - Diamond here I come! 😉

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/contact-us/crystal-status.html

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

Really?  This is unheard of for cruise lines.

Some airlines and hotels do have status matching from time to time - sometimes with a challenge match, e.g. you must fly X miles within Y months - but, in all cases, the matched status is for the first year only - you'll have to requalify on your own in subsequent years. 

Elite status for cruise lines is different in that there is no annual reset and so the status is evergreen (no annual requalification).  Are you saying Crystal passengers get full-on unconditional matching, e.g. no challenge, no limited period, no need to somehow requalify?

12 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

Are you saying Crystal passengers get full-on unconditional matching, e.g. no challenge, no limited period, no need to somehow requalify?

Yes, although it’s not me saying it, it’s Seabourn as per the link 

We certainly live in interesting times…

• Like 2

This is a savvy move by Seabourn.  It's a rare opportunity to nab a large group of disenfranchised luxury cruisers who are looking for a new cruise line. 

Now that Manfredi Lefebvre has purchased the two Crystal ocean ships as well as the brand name, the marketing lists and all the intellectual property of Crystal, Seabourn is looking to attract Crystal cruisers before the marketing arm of the new Crystal gets going.

It will be interesting to see if other cruise lines match this offer.

• Like 2

My wife and I had status in the Crystal Society, but I can't figure out how to prove it. We had a reservation at the time of the bankruptcy, but I deleted my copies after we received our refund. I know our Society numbers, but I don't see anywhere to look them up online. Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Xerxes10 said:

My wife and I had status in the Crystal Society, but I can't figure out how to prove it. We had a reservation at the time of the bankruptcy, but I deleted my copies after we received our refund. I know our Society numbers, but I don't see anywhere to look them up online. Thoughts?

If you previously sent an email requesting your refund either to your credit card company or to the organization that is processing refunds for jilted Crystal cruisers, you could check your email's "sent" folder to see if you used the Crystal invoice as proof of being owed money.  If so, the invoice may be attached to that email.

4 hours ago, seaknots said:

slap in face for loyal sb customer

done to boost bookings to help sale of sb

How it is a slap in the face to you, to give someone else a benefit?  And why is its bad thing for them to want to boost sales by offering incentives to Crystal loyalists?  I can see being upset when airlines and hotels add loyalty status to new people, as it affects the availability of awards going forward.  But does someone else getting a discount on a shore excursion really negatively affect you?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, seaknots said:

slap in face for loyal sb customer

done to boost bookings to help sale of sb

And the irony  of the situation is that the Crystal cruisers who tried Seabourn all appear to dislike it, at least the people who have commented on this board.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

And the irony  of the situation is that the Crystal cruisers who tried Seabourn all appear to dislike it, at least the people who have commented on this board.

Not only that, but some of them were loudly and incessantly complaining to guest services (I was on board in March and saw/heard them in action) because they didn't get things exactly how they like it on Crystal.  One in particular threatened legal action if she didn't get her way (i.e. monetary compensation).

I am very fond of the outstanding and hardworking Seabourn crew and felt sorry for them.  A few confided - diplomatically, of course - that "this is not a normal Seabourn cruise."

Of course, a few loud ones make all the noise and troubles, and some Seabourn loyalists are also troublemakers, but my experience and direct observation on that cruise left me feeling sad for the extra stress and burden imposed on the lovely Seabourn crew, unfortunately.

However, not all was lost, as it also gave me even more respect and admiration for the Seabourn crew for their patience, perseverance, and professionalism.  Service jobs are among the hardest there is, with low pay and long hours and having to deal with all kinds of customers.

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tryber said:

How it is a slap in the face to you, to give someone else a benefit?  And why is its bad thing for them to want to boost sales by offering incentives to Crystal loyalists? 

duh - it is a seabourn loyalty scheme advertised by sb as ".......enjoyed by those and only those who have sailed with us, as members of our exclusive Seabourn Club"

benefits now likely to be downgraded

3 hours ago, Isklaar said:

This promo wasn’t applicable at the time those cruisers tried seabourn.

I have 2 sebourn  cruises(long time crystal cruiser and new to SB) booked over the next few months and I’m really excited and find this promo to be an added bonus.  I have lost some wonderful benefits on the now defunct crystal.  My husband had  a major milestone, equivalent to a 7 day free cruise toward our august voyage that no longer exists.

Nancy

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, seaknots said:

duh - it is a seabourn loyalty scheme advertised by sb as ".......enjoyed by those and only those who have sailed with us, as members of our exclusive Seabourn Club"

benefits now likely to be downgraded

If benefits to longtime Seabourn customers are cut back, then there would be just cause for complaint. But as it stands now, there is no change for existing Seabourn customers. This is a way for Seabourn to try to bring in more customers to fill its ships. While many of us who have traveled on Seabourn in the past year have had the experience of sailing on ships half (or less) full, the only way for the company to survive — and to offer the amenities and details we all appreciate — is to increase its passenger count.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

If benefits to longtime Seabourn customers are cut back, then there would be just cause for complaint. But as it stands now, there is no change for existing Seabourn customers. This is a way for Seabourn to try to bring in more customers to fill its ships. While many of us who have traveled on Seabourn in the past year have had the experience of sailing on ships half (or less) full, the only way for the company to survive — and to offer the amenities and details we all appreciate — is to increase its passenger count.

A concern I have is Laundry as having sailed on a few cruises with quite a few people with high status does seem to affect turn around time in that it can take 2-3 days for turn around unless you pay extra for expedited service to within 24 hours. 

WiFi can also be a problem on Odyssey class if many with high status keep all the devices they are allowed logged in (which they shouldn't do) and use it for streaming because they automatically get the premium package. 

And considering the amount we have spent to get to that status and someone gets there quickly without ever spending any money on Seabourn it feels a bit like loyalty isn't important. I wouldn't mind them getting some loyalty points as an incentive but this just feels uncomfortable to me. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, nancygp said:

This promo wasn’t applicable at the time those cruisers tried seabourn.

I have 2 sebourn  cruises(long time crystal cruiser and new to SB) booked over the next few months and I’m really excited and find this promo to be an added bonus.  I have lost some wonderful benefits on the now defunct crystal.  My husband had  a major milestone, equivalent to a 7 day free cruise toward our august voyage that no longer exists.

Nancy

My point is that  those who have  tried SB and have commented here don't seem at all keen on the line. From what I read of CC posts it would not have made one jot of difference to their opinion had this offer been available to them. 

Seabourn isn't reading the room  very well! 

19 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

And considering the amount we have spent to get to that status and someone gets there quickly without ever spending any money on Seabourn it feels a bit like loyalty isn't important

Airlines run status match promotions regularly - do you feel the same about that?

Do you sit on your cruise or flight and wonder what the person next to you paid for the trip and what status they hold? I hope not 

The reality those regular cruisers on Crystal are typically high spend/regular cruisers - what self respecting cruise line wouldn’t want to attract them over and have them become regular cruisers on their line?

Giving away discounts is real money off the books - but giving away perks/status actually costs a lot less 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

My point is that  those who have  tried SB and have commented here don't seem at all keen on the line. From what I read of CC posts it would not have made one jot of difference to their opinion had this offer been available to them. 

Seabourn isn't reading the room  very well! 

I got your point and fully concur

nancy

• Like 1

Just now, Stickman1990 said:

Airlines run status match promotions regularly - do you feel the same bout that?

Do you sit on your cruise or flight and wonder what the person next to you paid for the trip and what status they hold? I hope not 

The reality those regular cruisers on Crystal are typically high spend cruisers - what self respecting cruise line wouldn’t want to attract them over and have them become regular cruisers on their line?

Giving away discounts is real money off the books - but giving away perks/status actually costs a lot less 

I don't follow status match on airlines though I am sure you do. And no on cruises I don't think about what people have paid to be on the cruise and certainly don't discuss it as that is tacky.

5 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

A concern I have is Laundry as having sailed on a few cruises with quite a few people with high status does seem to affect turn around time in that it can take 2-3 days for turn around unless you pay extra for expedited service to within 24 hours. 

WiFi can also be a problem on Odyssey class if many with high status keep all the devices they are allowed logged in (which they shouldn't do) and use it for streaming because they automatically get the premium package. 

And considering the amount we have spent to get to that status and someone gets there quickly without ever spending any money on Seabourn it feels a bit like loyalty isn't important. I wouldn't mind them getting some loyalty points as an incentive but this just feels uncomfortable to me. 

I just spoke to our very good cruise friends and this subject came up. They feel that this move by Seabourn is demonstrating a poor attitude to loyal cruisers who are now less valued by the line.

My own opinion is that it would have been more appropriate to  offer lower loyalty levels to Crystal guests, who lets face it the majority would prefer to be sailing Crystal and will no doubt return at the relaunch. 

I agree with you about internet and laundry, those are my concerns about this.

Sadly I feel that this decision is just the beginning of some difficult changes ahead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

I just spoke to our very good cruise friends and this subject came up. They feel that this move by Seabourn is demonstrating a poor attitude to loyal cruisers who are now less valued by the line.

My own opinion is that it would have been more appropriate to  offer lower loyalty levels to Crystal guests, who lets face it the majority would prefer to be sailing Crystal and will no doubt return at the relaunch. 

I agree with you about internet and laundry, those are my concerns about this.

Sadly I feel that this decision is just the beginning of some difficult changes ahead.

Yes I am worried about some recent decisions from current management but will take a wait and see approach. I will also ignore all of that for now and look to enjoy our next cruise.🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

im glad with the status seabourn offered me as I have way more than 17 crystal cruises.  While I loved crystal and sailed the line exclusively for 17 years,  I have a very wait and see attitude about the “new” crystal cruises.  Many of my crystal friends feel the same way and aren’t jumping on the first new sailing.

gee, I’m looking for a new lux sailing home and very exciting to try seabourn as I wanted to do so for the last few years.  I do hope my fellow passengers will be warm and welcoming.

crystal offered a great internet program to all, similar to the upgraded/streaming one on seabourn.  I don’t recall staying logged in on my devices all day long.  The laundry perk is nice but not something I will use much.

nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, frantic36 said:

Yes I am worried about some recent decisions from current management but will take a wait and see approach. I will also ignore all of that for now and look to enjoy our next cruise.🙂

I am very much looking forward to reading your reports  from Sojourn, I know they will be balanced and fair. 

• Thanks 1