Port schedule

jimbo1683

How can I find out what ships will be in a certain port on a particular date?

I'll be in Corfu in September and I hope to visit Corfu Town on the quietest cruise ship day (unusual to be trying to avoid ships on this forum i know) so am trying to find out what the port schedule looks like - where could i find that?

Its not really worth worrying about - this isn't some little Caribbean island.

Ships turning around in Corfu on your day won't affect you - the vast majority of their passengers joining or leaving will be travelling direct between port and airport.

And Corfu gets a lot of land-based vacationers, so passengers of a couple of ships on port-of-call visits will not add greatly to the throng. Except maybe on a saturday, the main turnaround day for land-based vacationers - they'll be joining the bun-fight at the airport and the rest of the island will be relatively quiet.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Its not really worth worrying about - this isn't some little Caribbean island.

Ships turning around in Corfu on your day won't affect you - the vast majority of their passengers joining or leaving will be travelling direct between port and airport.

And Corfu gets a lot of land-based vacationers, so passengers of a couple of ships on port-of-call visits will not add greatly to the throng. Except maybe on a saturday, the main turnaround day for land-based vacationers - they'll be joining the bun-fight at the airport and the rest of the island will be relatively quiet.

JB 🙂

Ok. I was thinking really about how many people could be squeezing through the narrow streets and getting in the way of my camera. Ive not been to Corfu before but have been to Mykonos where the difference between a ship being in port or not has an immense impact on the experience you have on land. Appreciate Corfu is much bigger though.

I found a schedule and can see there are days where there are no ships and other days where there are 5 ships with combined capacity 8.5k.

9 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Ok. I was thinking really about how many people could be squeezing through the narrow streets and getting in the way of my camera. Ive not been to Corfu before but have been to Mykonos where the difference between a ship being in port or not has an immense impact on the experience you have on land. Appreciate Corfu is much bigger though.

I found a schedule and can see there are days where there are no ships and other days where there are 5 ships with combined capacity 8.5k.

Yes, Mykonos and Corfu are chalk & cheese - Corfu is seven times bigger.

And come to think of it, so are the streets 😉

And knowing which ships are in port won't help unless you know which are on a port-of-call & which are on a turnaround.

I still say, don't worry about it.

But if you're there on a saturday that'd probably be best.

JB 🙂

I have to disagree with JB this time. Corfu can get very crowded too, especially from a traffic standpoint. You may not be planning to rent a car and drive, but you will need to get to and from the port in some kind of vehicle (it's a very long walk). You could end up sitting in traffic for an annoyingly long amount of time waiting to get out of town and onto the nice long, straight road back to the port.

And on days when Corfu is crowded it is hard to find a nice seat on the promenade, the shops are crowded and it is just not as pleasant....

• Like 2

On our last fall trip to Greece before covid we spent a week on Corfu.  

Our experience is that the number of cruise ships certainly does make a difference on how busy Corfu town is.  And how enjoyable it is.  We drove in to town mid morning.  First thing we noticed was the number of cruise ships.  

We spent five minutes in town and left.  Far too crowded.  Got as far as the fort entrance, saw the line, and decided to leave. 

We returned on another day.  We went into Corfu town several times.  Afternoon was always less crowded.   We enjoyed other parts of the island more than we did Corfu town.  

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, texas bound said:

How can we find out what RCL ships will be at Labadee and Coco Cay

There’s a webpage called cruise time tables dot com and you can look up each port by date that you’ll be in that port. The website will list all ships scheduled to be in any place at any particular time.