Check in times

At Port Everglades last week we had a 12:00 check-in time. When we arrived at 11:15 they didn’t say anything, just got in line and went on board. Our friend was 12:30 and he went right at 11 and they let him on.

Edited by doppelganger2621
  • Like 2

We haven't cruised since assigned times came around.  I have a couple questions: 

- What is the earliest check in time?  

- If you had a noon-time check in, does that mean you should pull into the parking lot at noon ... or that by noon you should've handed over your luggage to the porters and should join the line at noon? 

12 minutes ago, flamingos said:

You can.....but if they are enforcing check in times you might be waiting for a while.  Which port?

Ft Lauderdale   Thanks for the info all !

48 minutes ago, gelormbi said:

Yes, thank you for the info. We have a 2:30 check in time but our flight gets in early and we really didn’t want to have to wait around for a long time to board. Thank you!

Just so you're aware, it seems to be a gamble at every port.  I've read reports of check-in times being enforced, and not being enforced, at every port I can think of offhand. It seems to depend on the day, who is working, barometric pressure and phase of the moon perhaps ... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can I tag along on this question? When are check in times assigned, and do you have any choice in it (or can you show up later?). What is the earliest time? We are leaving from Port Canaveral next month, and I don't want to have an early checking because my kiddos will likely be exhausted from travel and time change and I want to take the morning slowly (if you've ever traveled alone with two young kids, you know what I mean! haha)

1 hour ago, gelormbi said:

Yes, thank you for the info. We have a 2:30 check in time but our flight gets in early and we really didn’t want to have to wait around for a long time to board. Thank you!

You could have checked in when the window opened and got an earlier time, if you wanted. You may or may not be allowed to check in early. 

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

We haven't cruised since assigned times came around.  I have a couple questions: 

- What is the earliest check in time?  

- If you had a noon-time check in, does that mean you should pull into the parking lot at noon ... or that by noon you should've handed over your luggage to the porters and should join the line at noon? 

It means that is the time you can get in line for document checks. How long you wander around the parking lot is up to you. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VitaLuna said:

Can I tag along on this question? When are check in times assigned, and do you have any choice in it (or can you show up later?). What is the earliest time? We are leaving from Port Canaveral next month, and I don't want to have an early checking because my kiddos will likely be exhausted from travel and time change and I want to take the morning slowly (if you've ever traveled alone with two young kids, you know what I mean! haha)

45 days before your cruise you should have done the online checkin, gotten your Set Sail pass and selected your checkin time for the terminal.

Since you are sailing next month have  you not done all of this??

10 hours ago, sdear said:

Ft Lauderdale   Thanks for the info all !

Seems like when we have gone they are checking times, but others have reported differently. Seems like it’s a hit or miss.

8 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

45 days before your cruise you should have done the online checkin, gotten your Set Sail pass and selected your checkin time for the terminal.

of course i have done all this.    My question was if you can go earlier than check in time.  Not my first cruise,, just first one since Covid.   

Thanks

Edited by sdear

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Curious of people who have purchased the "Key" get an earlier check in time?

I can tell you that at debarkation from the Independence last week, Keys were given the same departure time as suites and Pinnacles.  Diamond and Diamond Plus were given nothing.  Then while in line to finally get off the ship, the line was completely stopped to allow a very large number of Keys to leave ahead of everyone else.  I am certain that some kind of special arrival time arrangements will be made for those willing to pay for the Key,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdear said:

of course i have done all this.    My question was if you can go earlier than check in time.  Not my first cruise,, just first one since Covid.   

Thanks

So sorry I misread your post.  I was just afraid you were unaware and would miss any decent check in times…

I apologize….

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sdear said:

Thanks

She was replying to me and a question I asked, not you 🙂

23 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I thought I had online, but now that I look at it again in the app, there is a lot more to checkin on the app. I thought that it seemed too easy, haha. I will finish it in the app and go from there. Thanks!

• Like 1