Why Sky Princess cancelling the big productions?

Sunshine Bob

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

If you are on the ship, you should just ask.

We had a similar experience on the Emerald Princess back in December. Suddenly all the production shows were either canceled or reworked with just the singers, no dancers.

Cruise staff would not say why, just that everyone was fine. You could tell they were thinking something else. Finally got one member to admit they were all quarantined.

Don't expect anything else. Princess hides lots of information they'd rather not have anyone know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Don't expect anything else. Princess hides lots of information they'd rather not have anyone know.

And they should. Passengers don't need to know what is going on behind the scenes unless the safety of the passengers is at risk.

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 11

I did a back to back on the Caribbean Princess in May.  I figured I would see the big 3 production shows twice - one for eastern and one for western.  The second week was all specialty acts, no production shows.  Could be the same on the Sky. 

1 hour ago, sloopsailor said:

And they should. Passengers don't need to know what is going on behind the scenes unless the safety of the passengers is at risk.

Or they are not being offered the entertainment that is advertised and that they paid for,  surely?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Or they are not being offered the entertainment that is advertised and that they paid for,  surely?

Maybe, though out of personal preference I think I'd choose the single entertainer shows over the big revues any day. The cast and staging of the latter are invariably very good but to me the format feels a bit like something from a previous age.

I'm on Sky Princess right now and there don't appear to have been any big revue shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, muchofamuchness said:

Maybe, though out of personal preference I think I'd choose the single entertainer shows over the big revues any day. The cast and staging of the latter are invariably very good but to me the format feels a bit like something from a previous age.

I'm on Sky Princess right now and there don't appear to have been any big revue shows.

That’s a shame as they are usually very good (all be it not your thing).

2 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

Sure would've been nice to know the "real" reason our room steward disappeared 3 days before the end of our cruise. My wife tested positive the day we got home.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Noticed from the reports on the ships ex UK most guest if not all  entertainment is solo acts doing multiple shows

Easier to contain and replace.

We were on Enchanted last week 7 night cruise from Southampton and had 2 big production shows as well as guest comedians on the other nights ( it was a comedy themed cruise)

The theatre was full every night!

10 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

Do you work for princess? I would expect for what i am paying full transparency. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OldTymeCruiser said:

Do you work for princess? I would expect for what i am paying full transparency. 

I fan entertainer was not well in the past and show had to be postponed, it was mentioned in some way.  It seems there is uber-sensitivity when reason is Covid-19.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, OldTymeCruiser said:

Nope, don't work for Princess. I am not the outraged "don't you know who I am" type that needs to be coddled every moment of my life. I don't get my knickers all in a bunch and feel insulted if they have to change the entertainment and have the nerve of not telling me why not. They have every right to do so without telling you all the details of that decision. 

• Like 7

I asked Princess about this via Twitter. They responded with the attached response, but then curiously deleted the tweets. I specifically asked about the upcoming cruise ex Southampton on 23rd JulyFB6990B8-3129-45C3-9C6F-98211CEC40EC.thumb.jpeg.4d64b7b4f19a09ab3475163d3c5cd348.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, OldTymeCruiser said:

Princess is probably saving some money cutting back their Production Shows   Did anyone say “cutbacks “ , there you go .

“   Transparency  “    Princess doesn’t know that word.

5 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

Princess is probably saving some money cutting back their Production Shows   Did anyone say “cutbacks “ , there you go .

“   Transparency  “    Princess doesn’t know that word.

Serious? Rethink.
Full staff is on board. Watched both production shows. on June 11  cruise. It was great. Of course covid is the reason.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

We are due to go on Sky next week and the planner is still showing no production shows - just solo entertainer shows either comedians or vocalists. I used to really enjoy the production shows and Sky was supposed to have some of the newer ones which I hadnt seen yet!

Has there been any production shows on Sky at all this summer? If not it doesnt sound covid related anymore.

4 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

Yes. Rock Opera and 5-Skies.

We had both productions shows in April on Sky. I suppose it depends on contracts and whether they have replacement personnel when a drew members contract ends.