Unable to make specialty reservations

JerseyShore

A big YES on buggy ap.  April we tried to make reservations in the Crown Grill for us and our Daughter and her husband.  We tried to link the four of us for the reservation. We tried several times on different days.  Then finally said Phooy and waited until we were on board the ship to make the reservations. 

Then when we were on the ship my Wife's medallion would click open the cabin door as she walked up to the door.  Me, I would have to stand there almost 30 seconds before that silly medallion was recognized and the door would unlock.  😬

Bob

1 hour ago, 4x4bob said:

Me, I would have to stand there almost 30 seconds before that silly medallion was recognized and the door would unlock.  😬

Low battery perhaps.  You could have gone to PSD (Passenger Services) and got a replacement.  Just saying so others know who may not know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Low battery perhaps.  You could have gone to PSD (Passenger Services) and got a replacement.  Just saying so others know who may not know.

Thanks for the information. Will file it away for next cruise in case I have similar problems.

Bob

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:26 AM, Steelers36 said:

The Medallion has both active radio frequency transponder and a passive mode. The passive mode uses an RFId chip and the door sensor has a radio frequency detector and also has an RFId reader.  How do I know this?  I looked at the documents filed with the FCC.

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:26 AM, Steelers36 said:

Yep!  That happened to me on our cruise in May.  I had to physically tap my Medallion to the tablet and then wait 10 - 20 seconds before the door would open.  I mentioned it to the steward who reported it.  Then towards the end of the cruise I mentioned it to the Navigator as the tablet also would change from do not disturb to service my room and vice versa on occasion.  He flagged that last part for investigation (he said a reboot would probably do the trick) but suggested that I probably had a low battery.  Got a new Medallion at PSD and voila!  it worked like a champ in terms of clicking the door open as I walked up from then on.

To the OP - did you try to make your reservation through the web version of Dine My Way?  I haven't done it but Princess supposedly activated that last month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

I wasn't able to on the app but was able to on the web version and using my complimentary specialty restaurant gift.

My promotional credit showed up on the app immediately after the final payment window closed (90 days). Prior to that I was only able to make a SD reservation by paying. So I canceled the one I paid for and that payment credit will be returned to my credit card, and then I replicated the same reservation immediately thereafter. The process still goes through all the steps as if you are paying but the notification at the top of the DMW page of the app says that the credit will automatically be applied at checkout. There was no confirmation that said that my credit had successfully been applied. But when I closed the app and reopened it and went to the DMW page, the banner at the top that previously said I had a credit was gone. So I assume it worked. I will know better after I check my cc statement in a few days to confirm that the prior charge had been reversed and no new change has been applied. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

I was watching a blog on YouTube regarding this topic and they provided a direct link to a Princess login.  I was able to sign in and make reservations at the Crown Grill using my free gift which was included when I purchased my cruise.  My cruise leaves October 8th and I had no problem.  I kept trying using my cell phone and could never reserve a specialty dining. I hope that this works for everyone.

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 10cruise said:

I was watching a blog on YouTube regarding this topic and they provided a direct link to a Princess login.  I was able to sign in and make reservations at the Crown Grill using my free gift which was included when I purchased my cruise.  My cruise leaves October 8th and I had no problem.  I kept trying using my cell phone and could never reserve a specialty dining. I hope that this works for everyone.

That’s the web version of cruise personalizer on the Princess website.

How does one know if "the credit" is a suite perk or a gfit/promotion?  There is a banner across the top of my app that says I have credit.  I check onboard services and do not see "credit" from my TA (although she generally throws one in).  

I hesitate to book using this credit for a suite complimentary first night boarding.  In the past, I have been unable to pre-book a suite dinner.  I know of others who were able to do so.  So confused.  

Answered my own question.  I used the DMW app to book my specialty restaurant.  Surprised to find out that the "credits" did not show up for any of the remaining nights.  It was "only good" for the first night's dining reservation.  A first for me.  

7 hours ago, 10cruise said:

Did you do this today?  If so, you are inside the final payment window which seems to be a game changer even if you have elevated status and could book outside of that window. 

The site I posted earlier works for me where the one that’s in the Princess site did not work. When the blogger tried the one on the website it didn’t work either. I don’t know why but I’m glad the link I provided worked for me. I’ve been trying to make a reservation using the website and using my iPhone for months and it never worked. Plus the link used my dinner credits that was included in my cruise fair. Good luck everyone. 

• Thanks 1