Checking in at Civitavecchia port

minster123

Hi me and my family very new to cruising. Due to leave in a few days time just wondered what the general procedure is at Port check in? I understand we will need NHS certificates and negative Covid passes ready But is it fairly straightforward? Can these all be displayed on an app or do we need to have paper copies etc. How thorough is this? Can one person check everyone in or will we have to do it separately? 

appreciate any help thank you😀

We checked in in Civitavecchia more than 3 weeks ago.

They thoroughly checked our PAPER Covid vaccinations, along with PAPER Covid antigen test carried out 2 days before sailing.

First I've showed mine, and then I've showed my husband's papers.

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We checked in in Civitavecchia more than 3 weeks ago.

They thoroughly checked our PAPER Covid vaccinations, along with PAPER Covid antigen test carried out 2 days before sailing.

First I've showed mine, and then I've showed my husband's papers.

I have printed off all NHS vaccination requirements and will print off the test results obviously they haven’t been done yet. When you say checked thoroughly to what extent just reading through checking the dates etc? Don’t know why but just feel nervous about it all! I know we have all the correct paperwork. 

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

They checked all our vaccination dates (we're 2 x vaccinated and 2 x boosted).

Thank you. We are all 2x vaccinated and 1x boosted. What about the covid test certificates? Is it just a matter of checking that they within two days and negative obviously. We are all getting them done at different places so they will all be different certificates. my husband works in London to his will be done down there before he comes home my son and his girlfriend will be doing theirs elsewhere and mine will be done somewhere completely different just wonder if they’ll wonder why they’re all from different pharmacies/clinics. 

6 minutes ago, minster123 said:

wonder if they’ll wonder why they’re all from different pharmacies/clinics.

No, they're just interested to see if the tests were done in an "approved" / proctored facility. And the date.

Ours had a lot of Hebrew among the lines, didn't "phase" them....

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No, they're just interested to see if the tests were done in an "approved" / proctored facility. And the date.

Ours had a lot of Hebrew among the lines, didn't "phase" them....

I see thank you. My husband has had to do them for work over the past few Months but at different pharmacies and clinics and not once has it ever stated on the certificate that it was either supervised/proctored. Even though they all have been supervised  will that still be okay? My son also did one recently at a local chemist where they pharmacist watched him do it and got a certificate and again it didn’t state anywhere on the certificate that it was monitored

Just now, dani negreanu said:

It is enough that the results are on a pharmacy paper.

Thanks for your replies. Obviously it’s a little Nerve racking thinking you might get refused boarding!! Never having done this before you’ve been very helpful.

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone has done it electronically? because I'll be doing my test online and I don't know if I'll have access to print anything off.

I mean my covid card is all electronic and can print off before I leave Canada but the test maybe, maybe not.

6 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I wonder if anyone has done it electronically? because I'll be doing my test online and I don't know if I'll have access to print anything off.

Try to have as much as possible in PAPER. May be at the hotel they'll print it for you.

• Like 1

You pretty much have it down.    All passengers must be present for Checkin.   Initially you are suppose to show up for checkin according to your checkin time.   Civitavecchi terminal is like a big tent but have never seen a line out front.    Possibly due to distance from Rome passengers arrive gradually instead of all at once.

Initially an agent will make sure you have your Vac Certificate, Test Results, Passports etc.   You then enter the terminal and go through security.     After through security there will be lanes setup for either CC Level or Room Level.  

Once at the counter the agent will confirm your sea pass and scan them (these will be used for boarding).   They will then check all the Vac Certificates, Test Results, Pasports etc and either accept your picture or shoot a new picture.  They usually also go over the health questionnaire again.   The final step is taking a scan of your credit card.   Once finished you are invited to either wait until called or board the ship (usually just board the ship).    After boarding you can go to your room and your Key Card will be in the mail slot.    Finally you will have to do your safety drill either on the TV or Phone and check in with your muster station.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You pretty much have it down.    All passengers must be present for Checkin.   Initially you are suppose to show up for checkin according to your checkin time.   Civitavecchi terminal is like a big tent but have never seen a line out front.    Possibly due to distance from Rome passengers arrive gradually instead of all at once.

Initially an agent will make sure you have your Vac Certificate, Test Results, Passports etc.   You then enter the terminal and go through security.     After through security there will be lanes setup for either CC Level or Room Level.  

Once at the counter the agent will confirm your sea pass and scan them (these will be used for boarding).   They will then check all the Vac Certificates, Test Results, Pasports etc and either accept your picture or shoot a new picture.  They usually also go over the health questionnaire again.   The final step is taking a scan of your credit card.   Once finished you are invited to either wait until called or board the ship (usually just board the ship).    After boarding you can go to your room and your Key Card will be in the mail slot.    Finally you will have to do your safety drill either on the TV or Phone and check in with your muster station.

Thank for this that is extremely helpful 

• Like 1

Hello! I'll be checkin in in Civitavecchia soon, and for the vaccination certificate I have the european one.

It doesn't include the dates of all the vaccinations, only states the last one and 3/3 as we are boosted.

I have submitted this to the app and it says it's ok, has anyone checked in with that?

I'm a little bit worried because I can't prove the dates of the initial and second vaccine, as they are not written in the certificate.

I hope some other european has experience with this?

Thanks

• Like 1