Nicest beach for swimming Coco Cay

1 hour ago, minnie00 said:

Our only time at Coco Cay was in March and the water was cold so we just hung out around chill island, but next trip in 

August and want to swim more….thanks 

Can't go wrong with Oasis Lagoon😇

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Ya took the words right out of my mouth.

no seaweed, no shells, no sand in your bathing suit and the pool is a nice easy walk in.

I do like wandering over the south beach area and trying to see if ever an NCL ship is next door at the other island.  And then I like to look over at the over-water-bungalows and think are they really enjoying it for the HIGH price they paid.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Ya took the words right out of my mouth.

no seaweed, no shells, no sand in your bathing suit and the pool is a nice easy walk in.

I do like wandering over the south beach area and trying to see if ever an NCL ship is next door at the other island.  And then I like to look over at the over-water-bungalows and think are they really enjoying it for the HIGH price they paid.

We have a pool at home ……so beach is more fun 🤩 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

We have a pool at home ……so beach is more fun 🤩 

I have a beach at home. Sand sux. Seaweed sux. Crushed Shells sux. Pool nice. Huge pool with bar is really nice.

20220702_175017.thumb.jpg.99c4c854cf6f760f10c4ef0ed9faa9a4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We went to the loungers at CocoBeach Club - they're free and there were a lot. The beach was nice, it's in front of a bar & snack shack, not a far walk to the grill, and there's lots of fish in the water if you snorkel. 

5 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

We went to the loungers at CocoBeach Club - they're free and there were a lot. The beach was nice, it's in front of a bar & snack shack, not a far walk to the grill, and there's lots of fish in the water if you snorkel. 

But you have to pay to get into beach club. 

And the lunch is nice. Not sure why you'd walk over to Snack Shack

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But you have to pay to get into beach club. 

And the lunch is nice. Not sure why you'd walk over to Snack Shack

I didn’t say go to the club itself, though it reads close to that. On the map, though, it’s the closest thing to the free beach next to it. The beach by there is free and the loungers are free. The snack shack is right there. That might be why you walk to it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, CruiserLucas said:

I didn’t say go to the club itself, though it reads close to that. On the map, though, it’s the closest thing to the free beach next to it. The beach by there is free and the loungers are free. The snack shack is right there. That might be why you walk to it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotcha, I thought you were actually using Beach Club

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiserLucas said:

I’m mistaken, it’s the loungers by Breezy Bay at Chill Island, not CocoBeach Club. The rest still stands. Free loungers, there’s a snack shack. Short walk to the grill for more food. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CruiserLucas said:

I’m mistaken, it’s the loungers by Breezy Bay at Chill Island, not CocoBeach Club. The rest still stands. Free loungers, there’s a snack shack. Short walk to the grill for more food. 🙂

That makes sense

How is the water temp in early October for swimming at CocoCay? Keep in mind that my kids are wimps because we live in Arizona. Kids generally won't even get in the pool unless it's at least 95 degrees outside. LOL (Our high today is expected to be 115.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DukeASUGirl said:

How is the water temp in early October for swimming at CocoCay? Keep in mind that my kids are wimps because we live in Arizona. Kids generally won't even get in the pool unless it's at least 95 degrees outside. LOL (Our high today is expected to be 115.)

We’re from Florida, so we’re wimps too! The water was cool, but not too cold when we went last October.

• Like 1

If you want sand that stays sandy all the way out, I'd use the Harbor Beach spot.  The view isn't as good, but the sand is consistent underfoot.

The "outer" beaches have the rotted seaweed underfoot when you get out past waist deep, so it's slimy underfoot and smells like farts when you walk on it.  

Water is the same temp everywhere, though.  

23 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you want sand that stays sandy all the way out, I'd use the Harbor Beach spot.  The view isn't as good, but the sand is consistent underfoot.

The "outer" beaches have the rotted seaweed underfoot when you get out past waist deep, so it's slimy underfoot and smells like farts when you walk on it.  

Water is the same temp everywhere, though.  

Thanks we don’t want farty sand lol

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, John&LaLa said:

I second it. Not too far from the ship and protected to provide calm water   
Also, not too far from the buffet😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

@CruiserLucas curious, did you hear the Oasis Lagoon music at Breezy Bay?

Good question! I don't remember really, unfortunately. I think so, BUT it was VERY windy that day, so that may have muffled it. We also spent most of our time in the water, so we were farther away from the loungers area, other than walking to get food and drinks and to/from the ship - so I didn't pay attention out of the water. 

• Like 1