Queen Anne Launderettes

57eric

A cursory look at QA's deck plans seems to indicate that there are launderettes only on decks 4, 7 and 8.  Can anyone confirm?  That would be half as many as QM2, with more cabins.

Hopefully I'm incorrect.

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

A cursory look at QA's deck plans seems to indicate that there are launderettes only on decks 4, 7 and 8.  Can anyone confirm?  That would be half as many as QM2, with more cabins.

Hopefully I'm incorrect.

Why is there an import regarding the number of Launderettes?
Could it be one has discovered another personal reason not to book this Mongrel?

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Maybe they have double the machines? 

I was just about to suggest this, Lissie. It's more efficient in some ways to have fewer, larger laundries albeit a bit inconvenient to not have one on the same level as one's cabin.

Assuming I'm correctly interpreting this symbol 246386353_LaundretteSymbol.png.e17cef806e40044a0a2b58035410ec9a.png to indicate a laundrette, I also see that symbol on deck 1 (across from cabin 1.093) and on deck 10 (next to cabin 10.043).

So, I think there are five laundrettes on the Queen Anne deck plans, on decks 1, 4, 7, 8 and 10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I was just about to suggest this, Lissie. It's more efficient in some ways to have fewer, larger laundries albeit a bit inconvenient to not have one on the same level as one's cabin.

And perhaps larger launderettes with more users would give more scope for the theatrical arguments which some think the best entertainment of all.😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And perhaps larger launderettes with more users would give more scope for the theatrical arguments which some think the best entertainment of all.😀😀

I'm pretty mystified as to why doing the washing brings out some people's worst selves. 👿

Maybe the newer, larger laundry rooms will be big enough to each have a Machine Marshall who can keep a close eye on the bad manners on display there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm pretty mystified as to why doing the washing brings out some people's worst selves. 👿

Maybe the newer, larger laundry rooms will be big enough to each have a Machine Marshall who can keep a close eye on the bad manners on display there.

And video any incidents to show in the theatre before the night's entertainment? 😀😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Assuming I'm correctly interpreting this symbol 246386353_LaundretteSymbol.png.e17cef806e40044a0a2b58035410ec9a.png to indicate a laundrette, I also see that symbol on deck 1 (across from cabin 1.093) and on deck 10 (next to cabin 10.043).

So, I think there are five laundrettes on the Queen Anne deck plans, on decks 1, 4, 7, 8 and 10.

Once again, you have set me straight!

What about a multi way split screen - you could see if a washer was open and watch live as your clothes are dumped on the floor.  Who needs a rock climbing wall or cart-track.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2