Bergen Fish & Chips

wabamun

Try the Fish Market….may not be the best, but it would be an authentic experience. Years ago you could buy a smoked salmon sandwich on half a bun,  a cucumber slice on top for 10 Kr., or a paper cone filled with freshly cooked shrimp and sit at the end of the dock with your feet hanging over the edge and enjoy “lunch”. Times have changed, but the fish remains excellent and the atmosphere can’t be beat….except for the hoards of tourists!🥴😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is a restaurant that is along the main route along the water where all the pics of Bergen show where they have quite possibly the best seafood chowder ever (even better than mine….and mine is very good).  I had the chowder and mussels, I believe DH had the fish and chips.  Despite me sharing, he didn’t share his, other than a chip or 2 I could snag from him.  I don’t remember him saying that they were the best he has had….but we live in the PNW and I can point out a dozen very good places a stone’s throw away.

We were there parts of a couple of days and one day ate at the fish market and it was extremely fresh seafood and simple prep.  Loved it.  And the next day have to admit catching a burger at the famous McD shown in numerous pictures here and on FB.  Darn good burger and fries.  😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

We were there parts of a couple of days and one day ate at the fish market and it was extremely fresh seafood and simple prep.  Loved it.  And the next day have to admit catching a burger at the famous McD shown in numerous pictures here and on FB.  Darn good burger and fries.  😎

I don’t recall pictures, but we had a quick meal in the McD on Torggaten where we were the only English speaking people at the time. We did go back too. There was another McD  closer to the fish market - likely you were at that one as it is more cozy looking.

• Like 1