Covid Stats Cruising Now...

I went on a Harmony cruise in April 2022 solo. Never got COVID. Flash forward to a few weeks ago, family of four on Oasis , VERY crowded ship.  NO COVID for any of us.  Guess we are the lucky ones.

I will say that the first full day on that Oasis cruise I was totally uncomfortable with the crowds, not because of COVID, just because I hate crowds and the last few years had everyone staying away from each other. I quickly learned to go left while others went right and it was a much more enjoyable cruise for us!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

What are the stats of people contracting Covid nowadays while on their cruise. 

I have heard of people testing positive AFTER getting off the ship. Has anyone here tested positive afterwards?

Thank you in advance

🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️ I tested positive the day after my B2B Discovery Princess cruise.  

17 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

I have heard of people testing positive AFTER getting off the ship. Has anyone here tested positive afterwards?

Thank you in advance

Move on.  Less we talk about it, the more it just fades away.  Unless you live in NYC, LA, Seattle, San Fran, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Both caught it on a Dec cruise. Just came off plane from Seattle Saturday. People coughing all over the plane! Mostly cruisers I presume- some had cruise masks on. Will update if I show symptoms (figure I have til Thursday evening if I caught covid).

18 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Move on.  Less we talk about it, the more it just fades away.  Unless you live in NYC, LA, Seattle, San Fran, etc.  

That's BS.......lets not talk about it and it will go away. If it was that easy, we should have done that a year and half ago.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, loving2cruise said:

Thank you in advance

If you test positive 3 days after your cruise, how do you know where you got it?  In any society or group, there will be a few positive cases.  As I always say, if you need to ask, don't go on a cruise.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's BS.......lets not talk about it and it will go away. If it was that easy, we should have done that a year and half ago.

Back then they didn't know how to treat it. Now they do and for most (not all of course) it is a cold or symptoms like the flu. You only have to quarantine for 5 days and many feel fine by that time anyway. 

15 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Thats 3 per 1000. Not enough to be of any concern. 

Many of us have been exposed many times, some not even knowing they were and were fine. If someone is really concerned at this point, they need to not travel then. 

On our Quantum of the Seas early June Alaska cruise, there were around 50 people reportedly positive either on the ship or once home according to our facebook group.  I also believe that quite a few of the crew were positive.

Apparently, it seems that many on the Alaska cruises have come down with covid.  I started coughing 3 days before departing the ship, tested myself 2 times while on the ship and negative both times.  No covid for us, but I came home with pneumonia and was very sick for almost 3 weeks.  Finally feeling myself once again.

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

This must be an older crowd as I got yelled at by my kids (teen, young adult) when I mentioned a co-worker who has covid to stop talking about covid. They HATE that people are even still talking about it.  

You mean there are young people out there who don't care about anyone besides themselves?  I'm shocked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

If you test positive 3 days after your cruise, how do you know where you got it?  In any society or group, there will be a few positive cases.  As I always say, if you need to ask, don't go on a cruise.

Because it take 4 or  5 days to show up you are positive.............so where was the person 4 or 5 days ago.................Hello............, on a cruise, cruise ship.

2 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

This must be an older crowd as I got yelled at by my kids (teen, young adult) when I mentioned a co-worker who has covid to stop talking about covid. They HATE that people are even still talking about it.  

Yeah, my teens complied with my "suggestions to semi- quarantine"  before cruise, but hated me saying "IF we cruise, IF we test negative...."

But I will also say that my teens DO care if they get COVID and don't want to get it in general.  So far only my husband had COVID (that we know of). He had symptoms and we put him in "jail" by himself. He he.  The 3 of us in the household have not had symptoms that produced a positive test. Since January myself and my teens had been sick with colds. We went to Dr., tested and were negative.  My cold was my first in years and lasted 2 weeks!  But not COVID.

Edited by Max and Ruby

Due to civi:

1) how was Windjammer staged?

2) did folks serve themselves?

3) in general how did the ship look?

4) if your a diamond member, how was the club operated? 
Many thanks..Dean

1 hour ago, roxy2003 said:

I can definitively say as of today, I have NEVER had Covid.  I have been "highly exposed but seronegative” pre & post vaccine at events where many, if not all other people tested positive except me.   Prior to vaccinations, which I only received this year to be able to travel/cruise, I was enrolled in the McGill University clinical study as one of the lucky 1% "Covid Resistors".   I was enrolled courtesy of my MD daughter (clinical pathologist) who picked up on me never testing positive after two high exposure events.  For over a year, I had to spit in a test tube and get a blood draw every month and always tested as seronegative.   I lived my life pretty much like I did before Covid, although did mask during mandates but continually traveled for work during the shutdown.  In my first high exposure event, I was in NYC in March of 2020 working in a very crowded office conference room for a week with 10 colleagues who with the exception of myself all got sick with Alpha Covid.  Two of which ended up on a ventilator (both survived).    Daughter kept testing me for two weeks after exposure and I never tested positive for Covid or antibodies after.  After the second high exposure event, she had me enroll in McGill study through the hospital she works at in the Texas Medical center in Houston.  Lucky me!

You are very lucky. 99% of the population are not that lucky.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Because it take 4 or  5 days to show up you are positive.............so where was the person 4 or 5 days ago.................Hello............, on a cruise, cruise ship.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is one reason why testing two days before boarding a cruise ship is not beneficial to keeping Covid off the ships. I guess it is better than nothing though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Unless you live in NYC, LA, Seattle, San Fran, etc.  

I mean, I have lived in two of those cities for the last 10+ years, and I cannot imagine I am alone on this board...

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It’s at least.3% - we don’t know how far above that the real number is. 

LA county just went over .4 percent. General LA population could not care less. Time to give covid a hug and welcome it to the community, it is here to stay. 

• Like 1