Which cruise would you pick?

Soooo...Hi!

I've got two cruises booked. I booked both because I knew they were both a good deal for what they are.  Figured I'd just work it out later...well it's getting pretty close to later.

Both leave out of Port Everglades the same Saturday in November.  Cost is essentially the same. Just two of us will be cruising.  Here are the specifics:

1. Celebrity Equinox- 9 night Southern Caribbean that stops at Nassau, Grand Cayman, Aruba, and Bonaire. Cabin is a Celebrity Suite on the slant which IMO is the best one of the CSs. This one DOES include $600 OBC which would take care of any specially dining we wanted to do. Of course this includes internet, drinks, and gratuities.

2. Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas- 8 night Southern Caribbean that stops at Labadee, Aruba, and Curacao. Cabin is a 2BR Spacious ATS. Of course basically everything is included plus $50 OBC.

I've been to all the ports. SO has only been to Labadee out of any of the stops. I'd rather go to Bonaire BUT the 2BR ATS/Genie is hard to overlook. We were both on Oasis in a 2BR ATS in April and last time we were on Celebrity we were in the the same cabin on Silhouette so we kind of know what we are getting into except we haven't been on a Celebrity ship that has been "Revolutionized" with the new Retreat areas.... 

What you think? 

• Like 1

Ooh both sound amazing!

If you were on Oasis in April, you pretty much know what you're getting with the Harmony. Almost a little been there, done that - but if you loved it, do it again!

I haven't sailed in the new "revolutionized" X ships either, but the new Retreat looks pretty amazing. Also, you get one more day with that itinerary, and I also favor Bonaire. In this scenario, I'd choose the Equinox.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Ooh both sound amazing!

If you were on Oasis in April, you pretty much know what you're getting with the Harmony. Almost a little been there, done that - but if you loved it, do it again!

I haven't sailed in the new "revolutionized" X ships either, but the new Retreat looks pretty amazing. Also, you get one more day with that itinerary, and I also favor Bonaire. In this scenario, I'd choose the Equinox.

Yeah both ARE awesome cruises! I did really enjoy the 2BR ATS(that BALCONY!) and the Genie experience. I am also a been there done that personality type and cruise line loyalty isn't really a consideration for me.  Solstice-class ships are pretty awesome too. Thanks for your input!

23 minutes ago, Karma5 said:

I would choose Harmony of the Seas . There is a lot to see and do..........or just relax......so its your choice.

And that is one of the best things on this cruise...longer cruise but still PLENTY to see and do or not! No doubt the April Star class cruise was my favorite cruise ship experience.  Thanks for your input!

The Equinox wasn't fully revolutionized, just partial. I don't do suites so I can't answer about the retreat on that ship, though I love the ship otherwise. I'd advise checking on the Celebrity forum for an answer about the retreat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

The Equinox wasn't fully revolutionized, just partial. I don't do suites so I can't answer about the retreat on that ship, though I love the ship otherwise. I'd advise checking on the Celebrity forum for an answer about the retreat.

Both the Retreat Lounge and Sun Deck have been revolutionized. The lounge is nice but the sun deck is not comparable to those on the Edge Class ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big_G said:

Both the Retreat Lounge and Sun Deck have been revolutionized. The lounge is nice but the sun deck is not comparable to those on the Edge Class ships.

Thanks of posting this! You know that's still a VERY nice area! It sure beats the Suite Sun Deck on Oasis.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Soooo...Hi!

I've got two cruises booked. I booked both because I knew they were both a good deal for what they are.  Figured I'd just work it out later...well it's getting pretty close to later.

Both leave out of Port Everglades the same Saturday in November.  Cost is essentially the same. Just two of us will be cruising.  Here are the specifics:

1. Celebrity Equinox- 9 night Southern Caribbean that stops at Nassau, Grand Cayman, Aruba, and Bonaire. Cabin is a Celebrity Suite on the slant which IMO is the best one of the CSs. This one DOES include $600 OBC which would take care of any specially dining we wanted to do. Of course this includes internet, drinks, and gratuities.

2. Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas- 8 night Southern Caribbean that stops at Labadee, Aruba, and Curacao. Cabin is a 2BR Spacious ATS. Of course basically everything is included plus $50 OBC.

I've been to all the ports. SO has only been to Labadee out of any of the stops. I'd rather go to Bonaire BUT the 2BR ATS/Genie is hard to overlook. We were both on Oasis in a 2BR ATS in April and last time we were on Celebrity we were in the the same cabin on Silhouette so we kind of know what we are getting into except we haven't been on a Celebrity ship that has been "Revolutionized" with the new Retreat areas.... 

What you think? 

I would give a slight edge to celebrity because of Luminae and one extra day, we do suites on both lines but never did one with genie. I believe cabin is a big edge with the 2 bedrooms and bathrooms on rccl. Celebrity kicks in the extra perks on suites above celebrity, love the royal and penthouse.

• Like 1

I have no idea:  tough choice.  If it was me, I'd pick one and try to find the other with the same itinerary for a different date.

(Did you really think this was going to be easy when you booked?) 😁

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Although “ o “ class is my favourite in this case I’d choose Equinox.

Yeah.. I tend to agree. 8 days and 3 stops would still be plenty to do..

9 hours ago, George C said:

I would give a slight edge to celebrity because of Luminae and one extra day, we do suites on both lines but never did one with genie. I believe cabin is a big edge with the 2 bedrooms and bathrooms on rccl. Celebrity kicks in the extra perks on suites above celebrity, love the royal and penthouse.

Luminae is the best, no doubt.  I looked at the RS but we're not really hot tub people.  

8 hours ago, pcur said:

I have no idea:  tough choice.  If it was me, I'd pick one and try to find the other with the same itinerary for a different date.

(Did you really think this was going to be easy when you booked?) 😁

Yeah that kind of my plan...to move one to a later date.  Somehow I thought it would get easier to pick between the two as time passed! LOL! It didn't because I really want to go on both.  I had the Equinox booked first and saw the 2BR Spacious ATS for literally $4k LESS than I just paid in April.  So here we are!

7 hours ago, George C said:

By the way outdoor retreat is a joke except on edge class.

Why do you say that? Do you think it would be okay for someone that's never been on an Edge-class ship?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

Yeah.. I tend to agree. 8 days and 3 stops would still be plenty to do..

Luminae is the best, no doubt.  I looked at the RS but we're not really hot tub people.  

Yeah that kind of my plan...to move one to a later date.  Somehow I thought it would get easier to pick between the two as time passed! LOL! It didn't because I really want to go on both.  I had the Equinox booked first and saw the 2BR Spacious ATS for literally $4k LESS than I just paid in April.  So here we are!

Why do you say that? Do you think it would be okay for someone that's never been on an Edge-class ship?

We did royal suite on summit in February great cruise, love the perks bottles setup of your choice, free specialty restaurants, but was extremely disappointed in outdoor retreat area , no bar , no pool and extremely limited service by staff. Loved retreat on edge last year . I am sure celebrity is fine other than outdoor retreat area , just think that that area was a major disappointment for us . Considering rccl entertainment I think that that may be the best bet. Both cruises are definitely a great choice . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Harmony of the Seas to Aruba, jump ship, board the Equinox (you do have a booking on both ships) then on to Bonaire and back to Port Everglades. 

I like the way you think! 😄