Do the COMEDY shows on Oasis require reservations too?

2 minutes ago, Project-College said:

I know Cats, Frozen, Aqua Show all require reservations but do any others?

The comedy shows need reservations. If you don’t have one you probably won’t get in. It is done in a small venue.  All the other shows that require reservations you can probably get in without a reservation on standby. 

57 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Thanks all.  No res were required last time we cruised but now we have two 'adult aged' boys/men with us... want to make sure what the policy was now   THKS   Can do with the ap correct?

Online reservations open about 45 days out. I don't know about the app. I always did my advance reservations on the website.

59 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Thanks all.  No res were required last time we cruised but now we have two 'adult aged' boys/men with us... want to make sure what the policy was now   THKS   Can do with the ap correct?

We were on Oasis in 2013 and had to get reservations for the comedy show.  Ok, maybe not "had", but "strongly recommended".  

No longer the case.  Entertainment reservations can only be done once in board unless you have access to the suite concierge.  They can make reservations early for you.  And you definitely need them for the comedy shows.

Edited by poocher

28 minutes ago, poocher said:

No longer the case.  Entertainment reservations can only be done once in board unless you have access to the suite concierge.  They can make reservations early for you.  And you definitely need them for the comedy shows.

I hated the process of making the reservations online on the website. it was not user friendly.  It really didn’t seem to make a difference except for the comedy club. Either I ended up going at a different time on standby or they changed show days and times the Aqua Theater or skating rink messing up my other reservations.  

50 minutes ago, poocher said:

That was my experience on the Adventure April 30.  I don’t know how universal it is, but I haven’t been able to book on my previous Allure cruise last December either.  

JC

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The comedy shows need reservations. If you don’t have one you probably won’t get in. It is done in a small venue.  All the other shows that require reservations you can probably get in without a reservation on standby. 

I got in via standby line and got a seat at the bar facing the stage. perfect spot because I could see over everyone's heads and just swivel around for a refill! 

But yeah, this advice about probably not getting in via standby is good advice. I think I just got lucky that day!

24 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I got in via standby line and got a seat at the bar facing the stage. perfect spot because I could see over everyone's heads and just swivel around for a refill! 

But yeah, this advice about probably not getting in via standby is good advice. I think I just got lucky that day!

I should have said possibly won’t get in, not probably won’t get in. It is not impossible to get in on standby because they have a lot of shows and there are always going to be some no shows. So some will get in on standby. On the newer ships the Comedy Club was larger. I have not been on Oasis since their renovation so I don’t know if the enlarged. I am sure someone here can answer that. 

Edited by Charles4515

The comedy club is only must see for me. Not really concerned about the other shows as you can typically get in just before the venue starts if you  want to see them. Before covid you could book everything on line , but as others have mentioned , now you need to book once on the ship .

We were able to get in on the Allure in the Standby Line in December, but it was 60% occupancy.  I learned my lesson, and we got to the Adventure in Galveston early, and I booked everything while the Coast Guard was doing their thing.  I had everything booked by 11.  About half of it showed up in the app.  I made some minor changes after we boarded and most of those never showed up.  We had the 5 night dining package, which on the Allure is way more than enough, Chops and Giovanni’s.  5 times in 13 nights is way plenty.

The app is not quite useless, but it is not a gold standard.  🤪

jc

Are the comedy shows on Oasis all adults only? Are the adults-only shows a recommendation or a restriction? (Like, I could bring my teenager to a rated R movie, but they can’t go alone.) Have a 14-year-old who, frankly, I can’t imagine the comedians would say anything they don’t already know about.

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

12 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Are the comedy shows on Oasis all adults only? Are the adults-only shows a recommendation or a restriction? (Like, I could bring my teenager to a rated R movie, but they can’t go alone.) Have a 14-year-old who, frankly, I can’t imagine the comedians would say anything they don’t already know about.

Comedy club is 18 and up. Some comedians have a lot of sexual content, others swear every other word. There are some really good comedians that don’t swear at all. You probably can’t book a reservation in the app for a 14 year old anyway and would need to go to guest services to have it done. I wouldn’t bring a 14 year old. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Comedy club is 18 and up. Some comedians have a lot of sexual content, others swear every other word. There are some really good comedians that don’t swear at all. You probably can’t book a reservation in the app for a 14 year old anyway and would need to go to guest services to have it done. I wouldn’t bring a 14 year old. 

If Mike Pace is the comedian when you go, I wouldn't bring ANYONE sensitive or easily offended. And definitely no kids. He's funny, and picks on the crowd to an extent, so his show is always a tad different. He does have some scripted stuff too.. but yeah, NO NO to kids unless you want to have a lot of explaining to do later. Lately they have been performing in the Royal Theater on Day 1 and Day 7, and this is trimmed down enough for a 14 year old.

• Thanks 1