September 17th sailing of Equinox just changed itinerary

chimchimtx

No, but I suppose it could be.  I don't follow the roll call board though, so I suspect there might be some other people who don't as well. Just trying to be helpful considering all the Celebrity glitches with the website and email.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chimchimtx said:

Just trying to be helpful considering all the Celebrity glitches with the website and email.

Thanks! We are on the Oct 6th ABC. We will keep alert for changes.

Any suggestion in the notice of why?

8 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Thanks! We are on the Oct 6th ABC. We will keep alert for changes.

Any suggestion in the notice of why?

Covid.  To keep everyone as safe as possible.  But my guess is that Aruba enacted something similar to Bahamas and they are mandating it be a first stop.  We are going to Grand Cayman first technically but there is a sea day in between.  Aruba was in the middle before.  

Ok your new itinerary matches ours.   It's very common for them to visit Aruba first.   I suspect there was something which caused your original order which has since resolved and now can visit in order.  You will notice you arrive in your first ABC port 2 1/2 hrs earlier (shorter distance, less fuel).

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok your new itinerary matches ours.   It's very common for them to visit Aruba first.   I suspect there was something which caused your original order which has since resolved and now can visit in order.  You will notice you arrive in your first ABC port 2 1/2 hrs earlier (shorter distance, less fuel).

It's all good with me.  Looking forward to this cruise..we did the Southern Caribbean just before Covid..this one has been put off a while.  

I am not happy about losing the late departure in Curaçao. I had plans to hang out on a beach until the early evening and then make a leisurely trip back to the ship instead of having to rush to get back so early.

I was looking that the ships scheduled in each port and I believe it was Curacao that by moving us there is only one ship scheduled instead of two the day we were supposed to be there. I was wondering if possibly Curacao wanted to limit to one ship at a time.  Prior schedule showed two in Aruba the day we were supposed to be there and it still shows one in addition to us on our new date. That said the websites not been updated so I’ll be interesting to see if there’s other movement as well that week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have Celebrity shore excursions already booked for Aruba and Bonaire, for example, will they be cancelled or just moved to a new time at the changed port structure?  For example, we have a morning catamaran in Aruba, and we now do not get there until 11:30 A.M., so will they just keep the excursion and change the time, or will they cancel it, and have me just reschedule it later?

Surely this has happened in the past to someone.  What's the answer?

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

We are also on the previous cruise.  Where did you see there are changes?  I just looked in my account and see no notices and we have received no emails about it.

4 minutes ago, GoNavyFamily said:

We are also on the previous cruise.  Where did you see there are changes?  I just looked in my account and see no notices and we have received no emails about it.

Sept 8 sailing there are no changes.  I was just saying that their new port order matches what ours has been all along.

14 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

If you have Celebrity shore excursions already booked for Aruba and Bonaire, for example, will they be cancelled or just moved to a new time at the changed port structure?  For example, we have a morning catamaran in Aruba, and we now do not get there until 11:30 A.M., so will they just keep the excursion and change the time, or will they cancel it, and have me just reschedule it later?

Surely this has happened in the past to someone.  What's the answer?

If they can reschedule it, they -likely- will. Otherwise, it'll be cancelled.  A lot of that depends on whether  the tour operator can accomodate the change.   

23 hours ago, chimchimtx said:

Covid.  To keep everyone as safe as possible.  But my guess is that Aruba enacted something similar to Bahamas and they are mandating it be a first stop.  We are going to Grand Cayman first technically but there is a sea day in between.  Aruba was in the middle before.  

Not due to Covid. Aruba has lifted all mandates and testing. Unless things get worse, it’s very easy to travel there now.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, GoNavyFamily said:

I received an email from celebrity and then logging in the itinerary was different online.  

On 7/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, Purplsmurf said:

Not due to Covid. Aruba has lifted all mandates and testing. Unless things get worse, it’s very easy to travel there now.

I don’t know the actual reason for the change.   I was answering the question regarding Celebrity’s  explanation for the change. As listed by others the itinerary has not changed for other cruises sailing around the same time. So there is no obvious answer.    

I read the email as implying it was related to Covid restrictions.  The number of ships in port is a good theory as well.  The actual wording from the email was “Celebrity Cruises is continuing to work closely with health and government authorities, to protect the well-being and safety of everyone onboard as well as the destinations we visit. We are also continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. This means some of our sailings will need to be modified.”