Diamond Lounge Coffee

36 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Adventure doesn't have Sorrentos, it has Cafe Promenade with an attached coffee shop.

If the Diamond lounge machine was broken you could have got free espresso and cappuccinos at the coffee shop. No need for a card.

The diamond lounge concierge she never said we could.  Other diamond lounge members also complained.  Yes cafe promenade.  Clearly I sail too much!    Overall, not our finest cruise.  Old ship needs major renovations.  I will stick to oasis class ships 

On the  second day of the Jewel of the Seas June 20, 2022, cruise the machine in the Diamond lounge died.  I think it died of exhaustion. Every time I stopped in there was a long line of people who wanted to use the machine.  Anyway, we were told to just go to Cafe Latte-tudes, show our card, and order our coffee.  As long as you ordered the hot drink that you could get in the lounge there was no charge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 8:34 PM, John&LaLa said:

Where do you get ice🤔

Oh yeah, that is the only issue. I have to get it from park cafe or wj. but i am walking off my plate of french toast and bacon anyways. but it would be wonderful to have a counter top ice machine up there. 

19 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Oh yeah, that is the only issue. I have to get it from park cafe or wj. but i am walking off my plate of french toast and bacon anyways. but it would be wonderful to have a counter top ice machine up there. 

Here's my little beauty

20220725_071104.thumb.jpg.81522c3f1a64bebe459ff2f4545985f1.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

ohhhh that is nice AND it is that good ice!

Neighbors call it hospital ice. 

Downside is keeping it clean. Some serious funk can grow in the water tank since it recycles the melting ice

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Not technically. Will anyone stop her? Unlikely.

On a recent Jewel cruise, the hostess in the DL was a hound dog; stopping EVERYONE as they walked in to show her their cards.  She did turn a few away though 🧐.  

2 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

On a recent Jewel cruise, the hostess in the DL was a hound dog; stopping EVERYONE as they walked in to show her their cards.  She did turn a few away though 🧐.  

Obviously there were complaints.  And since she did turn some away...it was needed.  Someone was taking wrongful advantage. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 7:22 AM, John&LaLa said:

Neighbors call it hospital ice. 

Downside is keeping it clean. Some serious funk can grow in the water tank since it recycles the melting ice

I read of an interesting study done once...I think it was a school project.   One student went into McDonalds and collected ice in one container....and water from the toilet (flushed and "clean" of course).  

The water in the toilet tested cleaner than the ice water.  Eww...