Checkin?

ronmar22

2 hours ago, ronmar22 said:

How soon pre-cruise have cruisers been able to begin check-in process lately?

Currently at 45 days.   If you use the App it will give you the exact date.

Recently we figured out that Check-In opens  exactly at 12:01 AM local time of the time zone of where the cruise is leaving from.    A number of us on our Greenland cruise were checking to figure the exact time. Being in California I was able to checkin at around 5PM the night before. 

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recently we figured out that Check-In opens  exactly at 12:01 AM local time of the time zone of where the cruise is leaving from.    A number of us on our Greenland cruise were checking to figure the exact time. Being in California I was able to checkin at around 5PM the night before. 

It doesn’t always open then. Our December cruise did, but our May cruise didn’t open until 7:00 pm and our upcoming  cruise was at about 5:00 am. Neither of them corresponded to the time it 12:01 am from where we sailed/sail from. 

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

It doesn’t always open then. Our December cruise did, but our May cruise didn’t open until 7:00 pm and our upcoming  cruise was at about 5:00 am. Neither of them corresponded to the time it 12:01 am from where we sailed/sail from. 

Interesting -  i've checked in on Summits first two of our Summit Cruises the first opened at 9:00 PM Pacific 12:00 Midnight Florida.    I expected the same for the the one out of Greenland but it opened at 7:00 PM Pacific.    The third out of Boston opens up in a couple day so will be fun for us in California to see when it opens.   We thought we had broken the magic code.  

Like you I have also had some not open for a couple days after the posted date. 

6 hours ago, boxkite said:

Ronmar22, it is my understanding that you can begin check in 45 days prior to your cruise.

Thanks everyone.  I thought it was 45 days but I had heard that it may have changed to 30.  

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I did go on the app and selected checkin.  All I get there is “we’re still gathering all the cruise fun.  Check in is not open yet.  Check back closer to your sail date for updates.”   Did not see anywhere where they gave exact date.  

5 minutes ago, ronmar22 said:

I did go on the app and selected checkin.  All I get there is “we’re still gathering all the cruise fun.  Check in is not open yet.  Check back closer to your sail date for updates.”   Did not see anywhere where they gave exact date.  

The date appeared a week or 2 before checkin began.  You now know it is approximately 45 days before sail date.  Do you still need more information?  If so what?

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The date appeared a week or 2 before checkin began.  You now know it is approximately 45 days before sail date.  Do you still need more information?  If so what?

Wow!  NO, I do not need any further information on checkin.  Just was attempting to explain why I found it necessary to ask on CC as I had not found an answer anywhere else including the app.  Sorry 

Check in for our Aug 5th Reflection cruise was exactly 45 days from embarkation. However, it took until we were about 30 days out to get our uploaded vaccination records validated by Celebrity.

Edited by terrydtx

14 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Check in for our Aug 5th Reflection cruise was exactly 45 days from embarkation. However, it took until we were about 30 days out to get our uploaded vaccination records validated by Celebrity.

Thank you terrydtx,  I do now recall that it took a while after initially check in to get vac records validated on a cruise earlier in this pandemic.  As I said, I heard from what I thought was a reliable source that the check in time frame might have changed but obviously, as of now, it has not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronmar22 said:

When’s cruise.  If before final payment may not show.   If we look at my April cruise I get same as you.

Here’s my next open tomorrow 

BA9AE7CD-0BE4-4429-8C89-0637DA9655E7.jpeg

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Thanks ..wasn't sure when it shows.  I thought it was at final payment date. 

1 hour ago, ronmar22 said:

Thank you terrydtx,  I do now recall that it took a while after initially check in to get vac records validated on a cruise earlier in this pandemic.  As I said, I heard from what I thought was a reliable source that the check in time frame might have changed but obviously, as of now, it has not.

I think Vax verification are way behind mine was only approved 21 days before sailing my August 19 still pending.   I'll have to look closely and see when it's approved.

45 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

When’s cruise.  If before final payment may not show.   If we look at my April cruise I get same as you.

Here’s my next open tomorrow 

BA9AE7CD-0BE4-4429-8C89-0637DA9655E7.jpeg

Cruising in late Sep. and final payment was earlier this month.  So really didn’t expect to be checking in for a while.  I’ll check on the app in a couple of weeks to get the date that check in begins.  Thanks to all for info

21 hours ago, ronmar22 said:

How soon pre-cruise have cruisers been able to begin check-in process lately?

Based on my 2 Sept cruise I can check in Monday.  Check your app.  It shows on there with a little digging, I forget exactly how to get to it.