"Great Cruise Comeback" coupon... What is it & how do I use it?

16 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you sure you have two coupons?  Or, is it just one coupon that is available to apply to any booking?

You are correct. My DH & I had one each but as I had 2 cruises booked -one without DH- my coupon showed up on both & could be applied to either one. We chose the joint cruise for both. As an aside, my companion on the other cruise has not gotten a coupon. She has cruised once before.on NCL pre-covid. I have no idea why/how the coupons are assigned, but I won't turn down a $100

discount.

looking for those coupons that everyone is mentioning here, something interesting happened, I had 3  $ 250 cruise next certificates that had expired back in December 2021. Well, for some reason i hadn't seen that they are back in my account. Now they have an expiration December 31, 2022 and have to sail by December 31, 2023. I have a cruise coming up in November and i had no idea why i hadn't seen that the certificates were back in my account. Bizarre.

this coming November will be my first cruise back since 2019.

• Like 1

I just checked my account and there is a $100 coupon with an expiration date of 9/12/22 and a sail by date of 12/31/23. Our last cruise was in March of this year. I doubt that we will be using the coupon since I have already booked Anthem of the Seas for next year.

Here's a hack for app users. IF you have a 2023 cruise booked and not paid for, you can open the "make a payment" tab on that cruise and scroll down to the "my coupons and credits" section. If you have the coupon, it will show it there. Be careful to back out and not accidentally make a payment on that cruise! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uff da said:

Here's a hack for app users. IF you have a 2023 cruise booked and not paid for, you can open the "make a payment" tab on that cruise and scroll down to the "my coupons and credits" section. If you have the coupon, it will show it there. Be careful to back out and not accidentally make a payment on that cruise! 

I don't think that is a hack, it is the way the app is programmed intentionally.

• Like 1

On the website I was able to apply the $100 credit to my 2023 booking. Go to MyNCL and your selected cruise, click on other payment amount and enter $100, then scroll down to coupons and credits and click on the listed Great Cruise Comeback coupon. Click enter and you are all done with your balance indicating the $100 payment has been made. Much easier than calling to have it applied.

My husband's coupon was for $50 (I didn't get one).  It expires Dec. 2022.  We could NOT use the coupon because we had used a previous coupon (from one of a few cancelled cruises due to Covid shutdown)....so, it isn't combinable with any other coupons on an existing reservation.  Seeing as we won't be booking another cruise in 2022, it will die in the account.....

On 7/16/2022 at 6:45 PM, Uff da said:

I don't have 'make a payment'.  Would that because I'm booked through a travel agent?

22 hours ago, duckey.l said:

I am so happy for this thread! I probably wouldn’t have seen these in time! I was able to call my PCC and he took the amount off of the cruise fare for our booked 2023 cruise!

So did you have the coupon or just call and have them apply the coupon? 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, Uff da said:

Tried it, but no coupon.  Oh well, add this to my Amex discount disappointment!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, munchkin1208 said:

Very sad we dont have this coupon. We have 2 cruises booked and every little bit helps. Does anyone know who or why some are getting it but not all?

NCL just doesn't like some of us.  I've cruised twice since the restart and have seven more booked.  No coupon for @ChiefMateJRK!! 😡

@munchkin1208We had 2 of the rewards in my account. It wouldn’t let me redeem them on line unless I made an additional payment so I emailed my PCC and he immediately posted them to our booking. I don’t know who is getting these. We have sailed with NCL since sailing resumed - The Joy in Feb 2022.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL just doesn't like some of us.  I've cruised twice since the restart and have seven more booked.  No coupon for @ChiefMateJRK!! 😡

You should totally call and ask for one! Our PCC did say it's random, but perhaps you can get one for yourself. Best wishes as you certainly deserve one or two. 

• Like 1