Couple of questions

Twolittleboys

I am thinking of booking a last minute Med cruise on the Edge at the end of the month but do have a couple of questions as this would be my first cruise with Celebrity:

- I believe there is some sort of reciprocal loyalty perk programme with Royal. I just recently made it to Diamond with Royal so would like to take advantage of this. Exactly how do you sign up/qualify for this?

- What is the procedure for solo cruisers when it comes to dinner? If I book traditional dining, will I be sat with other diners at a shared table or on my own?

- How good/bad is the basic wifi? Sounds like it isn't great. Would it be sufficient for working (does not have to be streaming quality but if e.g. opening emails is difficult it wouldn't be sufficient)

- What kind of soft drinks are included with the basic drink package?

- How about alcoholic drinks? I think they are included up to $9 but most drinks I saw on uploaded menus seem to cost more. Is it even worth it then? 

- Are you allowed to bring beverages (especially sodas) on board?

Any help would be appreciated!

You need to apply for a Celebrity CC membership number and enter your Royal number.  You can also have CC and have them link the accounts.   Conversely you could also probably stop by the CC desk Concierge on the ship and she can link and upgrade you.

Dining -  On edge Cass ships they don't have the HUGE MDR and have 4 smaller restaurants.  Most of the tables are 2 and 4 tops.  I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they will only seat people with their travel group so you would get a single table.    They are so close you will naturally chat to those at adjacent tables.

21 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

I am thinking of booking a last minute Med cruise on the Edge at the end of the month but do have a couple of questions as this would be my first cruise with Celebrity:

- I believe there is some sort of reciprocal loyalty perk programme with Royal. I just recently made it to Diamond with Royal so would like to take advantage of this. Exactly how do you sign up/qualify for this?

you will be Elite.  Call captains Club to enroll 

- What is the procedure for solo cruisers when it comes to dinner? If I book traditional dining, will I be sat with other diners at a shared table or on my own?

whichever you like

- How good/bad is the basic wifi? Sounds like it isn't great. Would it be sufficient for working (does not have to be streaming quality but if e.g. opening emails is difficult it wouldn't be sufficient)

depends on where you are in the world, where you are standing on the ship, how many others are on line at the same time as you, maybe the phase of the moon, who knows

- What kind of soft drinks are included with the basic drink package?

coke products

- How about alcoholic drinks? I think they are included up to $9 but most drinks I saw on uploaded menus seem to cost more. Is it even worth it then? 

- Are you allowed to bring beverages (especially sodas) on board?

Any help would be appreciated!

2B07DF20-5D10-4B85-B6B2-B6E7018F6A72.jpeg

• Like 1

Celebrity has Coke products so Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero etc

Most of the drink menus you see posted are from bars and list their “ special” drinks, not all drinks available.  The Classic beverage package covers a wide range of cocktails.  From basics like rum & coke to mojitos, Pina coladas, margaritas etc  made with the liquor included in the Classic package.  For cocktails the difference between the Classic & Premium packages are the brand of liquor. 

FYI, the listing in post #3 says fountain soda but in my experience you get cans of soda.  

Thanks for the info!

I did figure out how to do the loyalty program sign up (it shows Elite status so all good there) and glad to hear it is Coke products.

Not sure whether the regular drink package will be worth it. There are some free drinks included during cocktail hour, correct? I am not a huge drinker so pretty sure two cocktails a day is probably more than I would drink and it might be easier to just pay for one if I wanted one (and not have to worry about the $9 limit)?

3 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Thanks for the info!

I did figure out how to do the loyalty program sign up (it shows Elite status so all good there) and glad to hear it is Coke products.

Not sure whether the regular drink package will be worth it. There are some free drinks included during cocktail hour, correct? I am not a huge drinker so pretty sure two cocktails a day is probably more than I would drink and it might be easier to just pay for one if I wanted one (and not have to worry about the $9 limit)?

5-7pm you get drinks.  The package probably not worth it for you.

5 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Thanks for the info!

It may not make a difference, but the Classic package also includes the soft drinks, bottled (canned) water, and the vast majority of coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio (covers all but a few of the coffees with alcohol) as well as fresh juice.

15 minutes ago, Twolittleboys said:

Thanks for the info!

Also, the "$9 limit" doesn't mean that the classic package includes only drinks priced at $9 and under.  Rather, the first $9 are covered, so you only pay the difference and 20% gratuity on the difference.  A drink that's priced at $11 would cost you $2.40 if you had the classic package.

9 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

It may not make a difference, but the Classic package also includes the soft drinks, bottled (canned) water, and the vast majority of coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio (covers all but a few of the coffees with alcohol) as well as fresh juice.

Hm, fresh juice does sound tempting. 

The difference between cruise (and tips) only and regular drink package and wifi is about $25 a day. Does anyone know how much wifi would be (probably will end of getting this in any case)?

Looking at my Cruise Planner the basic wi-fi is showing as $16.99  per day and premium is $29.99 per day.   If you book with the all included you could upgrade from the basic to the premium wi-fi for the price difference and with your Elite benefits you would get a 30% discount on the upgrade price.

I am certainly no advocate of the AI packages as I get a drink package and wifi with my loyalty status and book cruise only almost all the time when available. 

However if you require wifi and consider the amount of the daily gratuities I think booking AI at $25/pp/pd is the way to go.    OP inquired about soda.  Those are at least $3 each plus water, juice, coffee etc

Edit:  Ok just re-read and saw they are considering the tips as well in the difference.   So it really might be pretty much break even with a couple of cokes and bottled waters and basic wifi.

Edited by wrk2cruise

59 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I am certainly no advocate of the AI packages as I get a drink package and wifi with my loyalty status and book cruise only almost all the time when available. 

However if you require wifi and consider the amount of the daily gratuities I think booking AI at $25/pp/pd is the way to go.    OP inquired about soda.  Those are at least $3 each plus water, juice, coffee etc

Edit:  Ok just re-read and saw they are considering the tips as well in the difference.   So it really might be pretty much break even with a couple of cokes and bottled waters and basic wifi.

The basic price would include tips. For 25 extra per day it includes basic wifi and drinks. If the wifi would be 17 the difference is just 7 so I do agree it is probably worth it for me. 

Thanks so much for all the info! Still haven't quite made up my mind on whether I will book this cruise but if I do it seems like getting the add ons would be best.