Another certificate of recovery question

One child in our group tested positive for covid on a pcr 10 days ago (not counting today). Today's pcr for pre-cruise came back positive again. No symptoms. MD will issue Certificate of Recovery. Sailing Thursday (in two days) What's everyone's experience completing the health questionnaire and check in for the remainder of the party? Other than a negative rapid two days prior to boarding is anything else required - will there be an issue since we were in contact with a positive within 14 days? Very anxious. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will have to lie on the form.  

I don't want to lie on the form. My question is if everyone else is negative and one has certificate of recovery - will there be an issue. Asking from someone with knowledge of this scenario.

12 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

I don't want to lie on the form. My question is if everyone else is negative and one has certificate of recovery - will there be an issue. Asking from someone with knowledge of this scenario.

deleted

Edited by Ourusualbeach

41 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Yes, there could be an issue.  They could deny you boarding or they could say OK by giving everyone an additional test at the pier. 

Even if you call you will get different answers.  If you drive to port then go and find out.  If you have to fly, then you have a tough decision to make.

43 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Call Royal 5 times and ask?  What is the consensus?

Be prepared to have your cruise cancelled.

Well, in case anyone else is curious. RCCL's policy as of May 2022 is that close contact may be deemed if exposed within 10 days and NOT the previous 14 days. This confirms the conversation I had with the RCCL agent that we will not have an issue boarding so long as I have the COR for the positive person in our party.  

"If you report, or we identify, that you may have been exposed to or are likely to have been infected by COVID-19 within 10 days of embarkation, we may require that you and others in your Traveling Party do not travel to the departure port."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

This makes sense since otherwise having one person with a COR within 14-11 days would automatically deny the remainder of the group boarding so RCCL could not accept a COR for less than 14 days.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Well, in case anyone else is curious. RCCL's policy as of May 2022 is that close contact may be deemed if exposed within 10 days and NOT the previous 14 days. This confirms the conversation I had with the RCCL agent that we will not have an issue boarding so long as I have the COR for the positive person in our party.  

"If you report, or we identify, that you may have been exposed to or are likely to have been infected by COVID-19 within 10 days of embarkation, we may require that you and others in your Traveling Party do not travel to the departure port."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

This makes sense since otherwise having one person with a COR within 14-11 days would automatically deny the remainder of the group boarding so RCCL could not accept a COR for less than 14 days.

Yes, this seems to be more favourable for your situation.  The Certificate of Recovery is for the person who tested positive and the 10 day window is for the people who may have been in close contact beginning from the date of the positive test result.

27 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, this seems to be more favourable for your situation.  The Certificate of Recovery is for the person who tested positive and the 10 day window is for the people who may have been in close contact beginning from the date of the positive test result.

Can't wait for the day they go away with all this pre cruise testing stuff. Hopefully with the new CDC rules that will be sooner rather than later.