Confused on Covid Test Date Prior to Cruise from Vancouver

realnice46

I know there are many threads on this but I’m still confused on when to test prior to our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver September 11, 2022. Tunis is our first cruise post Covid so stressed over the process. We fly into Vancouver  very early September 9 so am I right that I will need to test after we arrive to meet the within 2 day requirements? Also do we need to test again before leaving ship and before our flight home on September 22? Any help will be appreciated.

You have to test within 2 days, and your boarding day doesn't count as a day.  So for a September 11 cruise you can test on the 9th or 10th.  You do not need to test before leaving the ship, nor do you need to test to fly to the US.  And while it's possible that Celebrity may cease testing before then, it likely won't apply to this cruise as Canada tends to be more strict about Covid and they may still require the 2 day testing.

Edited by phoenix_dream

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Cruise on the 11th, test on the 9th or 10th.  Don’t overthink this!

I think they had concerns on the post cruise just as well and made it all one question.

Canada still gives a lot of us pause also on when arrivCan will end.   I have to deal with this twice once on each coast of Canada.

18 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think they had concerns on the post cruise just as well and made it all one question.

Canada still gives a lot of us pause also on when arrivCan will end.   I have to deal with this twice once on each coast of Canada.

What's so difficult about the ArriveCan app? Once you've entered and saved the basic info the first time, the rest takes a couple of minutes and you're done.

Thank you all for quick response. I know I'm overthinking but like I said this will be our first cruise since Covid started. Also I'm not that computer literate when it comes to apps and uploading and downloading, its all overwhelming to me. Again thanks everyone, it looks like we will test day we arrive in Vancouver.

1 hour ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

Our plan was to do a proctored test on Sept 9th, before we fly out. That way, if there are any issues, we didn't spread anything around the airports. But, like you, our flight is fairly early -- I'll have to check on when we can do the test!

I intend to do a home test day before we leave just in case. No sense boarding plane if we are positive.

I'm a little  afraid of proctored test in case problem with Wifi. I think we will use facility at Canada Place

and just pay a bit more.

3 hours ago, realnice46 said:

Thank you all for quick response. I know I'm overthinking but like I said this will be our first cruise since Covid started. Also I'm not that computer literate when it comes to apps and uploading and downloading, its all overwhelming to me. Again thanks everyone, it looks like we will test day we arrive in Vancouver.

Find a rexall or shoppers drug mart.  You can pre-book you time on their website.  We always use rexall and the cost is $30 can for a rapid antigen test.  Just ensure you book it under the travel test.

15 hours ago, kennedybren said:

Find a rexall or shoppers drug mart.  You can pre-book you time on their website.  We always use rexall and the cost is $30 can for a rapid antigen test.  Just ensure you book it under the travel test.

Rexall doesn't provide testing in BC according to their website. SDM does, but only at select stores. I believe there are only 2 in downtown Vancouver currently offering tests.

Good info. Especially about Canada Place testing.  I have a somewhat confusing situation.  

We fly out of Atlanta on Aug 20th to Vancouver to board Eclipse on 21st for 7 day Alaska returning  on 8/28. No problem to test at my usual CVS on 19th.

But, after we disembark we are staying with a friend who lives in Surrey until Aug 31.

We will go to downtown Vancouver and stay at Georgian Court for nights of 8/31 and 9/1.  Because we begin a 14 day land tour that starts on 9/2 at Georgian with Globus.

That tour ends Sept 13 back in Vancouver to begin an included Holland Alaska cruise and embark on 14th and get off in Vancouver Sept 21.  We fly back to Atlanta on 22.

We have yet to receiver final documents from Globus about ArriveCAN and testing. I am hoping they will test us before Holland cruise.

I too doubt Canada will lift any requirements.

Anyone wanting to offer advice will be appreciated.  With all my moving parts, all the Covid hoops are a headache.  

Thanks

If possible, test before leaving home on the 9th. That way if by chance you are positive, you are home and also no need to stress about where to test in Vancouver. Are you flying from SFO? I believe there is testing onsite or nearby.

Also check out the Canada Cruiser travel board, there is a lot of info and really helpful posts/posters.

Edited by lovecruzin