Is Solarium Age 16 or 18? checking my info

I thought it was 18.  I was irked a bit one time there were some young kids in Solarium and in hot tubs.  

If it's 16, that's good as my daughter is 16 and I thought she wouldn't be allowed in there.  Either way, we'll check when we go.

Last cruise, the solarium pool was very small and adults were just standing in the pool socializing (which they're allowed to do :)), so I went to the outside pool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, moposh said:

I thought it was 18.  I was irked a bit one time there were some young kids in Solarium and in hot tubs.  

If it's 16, that's good as my daughter is 16 and I thought she wouldn't be allowed in there.  Either way, we'll check when we go.

Last cruise, the solarium pool was very small and adults were just standing in the pool socializing (which they're allowed to do :)), so I went to the outside pool.

This irks us as well. The sole purpose of the Solarium is a retreat away from the kids.

Some ships enforce it and, unfortunately, others do not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

This irks us as well. The sole purpose of the Solarium is a retreat away from the kids.

Some ships enforce it and, unfortunately, others do not.

Some may post "family time" later in the day after prime time, especially on ships with enclosed solariums if there is poor weather by the main pool. Usually after 4pm.  Rare though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Some may post "family time" later in the day after prime time, especially on ships with enclosed solariums if there is poor weather by the main pool. Usually after 4pm.  Rare though. 

Maybe on cruises in cold weather like Alaska? That would make sense. We've only been on one Alaska cruise and didn't notice it if they had it.

On 7/22/2022 at 5:35 PM, LMaxwell said:

Yep, we have seen this a few times in cold weather sailings in Europe.  I don't mind it all if it is just a couple of hours and the age restriction (16 plus) is otherwise enforced.

• 4 months later...

The ship rule is 16+.  I'm sure because at one point we had two older girls who "qualified" and two younger girls who were upset.  

We did tell the older girls that -- if they chose to go to the Solarium -- they were to be quiet, polite and respectful to everyone.  If they wanted to be loud, they could go to the family pool.  

• Like 1

Loved the solarium on Explorer, great social atmosphere without the craziness of the main pool.  You could easily talk to other cruisers & the bar was terrific.  Those too young (and one woman vaping??) were politely asked to leave. We hung out there every day.

2 hours ago, Cruising started said:

16 is not an adult. The minimum age in the solarium should be 18, preferably 21. Those under 18 have their own pool area which adults are not allowed in. Families want to hang together, there is a main pool area for them. 

What pool are those over 18 not allowed in? There's the kiddie areas, but that's for the really young, not teenagers.