Laundry Oosterdam

@home@sea

All of the HAL ships offer unlimited laundry.  The price is dependent on the length of the cruise.  I think it is usually around $7? a day.  There is also a one price laundry sack which will be $20 or $30, depending on the region, for all you can fit 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, calebandjess said:

I know this is an older post, but I’m wondering if HAL offers fragrance free laundry detergent? We’ll be in the Oosterdam in October and have a fragrance allergy to contend with. 

I am very sensitive to fragrances and have never once been bothered by any scents on bedding, towels, or laundry.  There is no laundromat on the ship so they’re not going to give you laundry detergent.

• Like 1

Just now, *Miss G* said:

I am very sensitive to fragrances and have never once been bothered by any scents on bedding, towels, or laundry.  There is no laundromat on the ship so they’re not going to give you laundry detergent.

I was meaning fragrance free options to choose for them to wash our clothes in. We’re hoping to do the laundry package, but I can’t have any fragrance whatsoever because it’s a true allergy. 

7 minutes ago, calebandjess said:

I was meaning fragrance free options to choose for them to wash our clothes in. We’re hoping to do the laundry package, but I can’t have any fragrance whatsoever because it’s a true allergy. 

They do not use fragrances in their laundry products.

• Thanks 1

Just got off Oosterdam...there is no odor whatsoever in the clothes that are returned from the laundry.  They do an excellent job. 

However, this was the first cruise ever where we were missing one shirt in a batch when it was returned, but there was someone else's shirt returned instead.  Our room stewards got it sorted out within a few hours and we got our correct shirt back.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Webguy said:

Can anyone update the laundry menu for 223? Thanks in advance

Prices haven’t changed.  Unlimited is $7 per day and in places like Europe $9 per day.  Bag was still $20/day and in Europe - $30/day.

For the OP - I’ve used laundry for years and it is unscented.  I use unscented fragrance free at home as well.  I was on the Oosterdam in November and laundry service was as wonderful as it was pre-covid.  

It’s one thing that HAl does very well IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Webguy said:

Can anyone update the laundry menu for 223? Thanks in advance

Have not seen an updated list under FAQ, but here is what i can Find:

1.Unlimited

If you log in to your booking under Cruise Activities: Packages- you can scroll down and find cost for your cruise. As others have posted unlimited comes in around 7 dollars a day. From past experience this option has worked best for us in both cost and simplicity. We could put laundry in when we wanted to rather than wait for a full bag.

2. Per Bag

Based on past posts price per bag could be ship specific. Seen 20 and 30 dollar quotes from different ships that were sailing around the same time.

• Like 1

Just got off NA - it was $20/bag, $49 unlimited/week. Not-Europe.

No fragrance used - usual excellent service including special requests to not dry this, hang this, don't hang that...usually received same day even though it wasn't requested.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lissie said:

Has anyone got a photo of the per-item costs for laundry - trying to work out whether the daily charge is worthwhile 

Think I posted one my live thread - need to go look but even without it, I can ell you that the daily charge is worth it - doesn’t take much to hit $7, believe me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lissie said:

Has anyone got a photo of the per-item costs for laundry - trying to work out whether the daily charge is worthwhile 

I do not, they're on the sheet you include in the laundry bag, but they run about $5 shorts, $4 panties - rough amounts to give you an idea. The $20/bag is a much better deal. We roll our items and can fit an incredible amount of laundry into 1 bag.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Think I posted one my live thread - need to go look but even without it, I can ell you that the daily charge is worth it - doesn’t take much to hit $7, believe me.

Found it 

Yes its pretty bad!  I now have a toss up between going the daily charge on the bag charge. The daily charge is attractive as we hoping to keep our luggage down to carry on only  

2 minutes ago, lissie said:

Found it 

Yes its pretty bad!  I now have a toss up between going the daily charge on the bag charge. The daily charge is attractive as we hoping to keep our luggage down to carry on only  

The daily is so handy - and easy to keep clothes clean.  I don’t pay any longer for laundry but if I did I would do daily.  In port for a couple of days before embarkation - ship the dirty clothes out - in a hot port where everything gets sweaty and you need to change several times?  - ship it out.  Daily gives you the flexibility and the odds are you would end up spending the same amount doing it by the bag and no dirty laundry in your cabin 😉 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

The daily is so handy - and easy to keep clothes clean.  I don’t pay any longer for laundry but if I did I would do daily.  In port for a couple of days before embarkation - ship the dirty clothes out - in a hot port where everything gets sweaty and you need to change several times?  - ship it out.  Daily gives you the flexibility and the odds are you would end up spending the same amount doing it by the bag and no dirty laundry in your cabin 😉 

I think that's what going to swing it - we are having to pack for climates ranging from Boston in July to Greenland - so it a bit of a compromise all around LOL 

• Like 1