When does on-line check-in begin?

lifeisrealygood

My wife and I have a cruise on the Equinox leaving Fort Lauderdale on September 17, 2022.  When I sign in to my account, it says that check in is "not yet available".  I always thought check-in began at 90 days out from sailing.  We are now less than two months from sailing, and I still cannot check-in on-line.  Am I missing something, is my on-line cruise screwed up for some reason, or have they changed check in to maybe 45 days out due to this Covid thing.  Help!  Should I be able to check-in for a September 17th Caribbean cruise?

21 minutes ago, lifeisrealygood said:

My wife and I have a cruise on the Equinox leaving Fort Lauderdale on September 17, 2022.  When I sign in to my account, it says that check in is "not yet available".  I always thought check-in began at 90 days out from sailing.  We are now less than two months from sailing, and I still cannot check-in on-line.  Am I missing something, is my on-line cruise screwed up for some reason, or have they changed check in to maybe 45 days out due to this Covid thing.  Help!  Should I be able to check-in for a September 17th Caribbean cruise?

45 days.  Cannot check-in until after final payment.  

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

45 days.  Cannot check-in until after final payment.  

And that is dependant on where you live, we in UK have to wait until it’s 45 days before in USA.😱

Ours opened on June 15th, even though it said June 14th on the App.

It actually opened at midnight. I filled it in at 06.30 and was fortunately able to choose the earliest arrival time 11.30, which I wanted as we are due out of our overnight hotel at 10.00.

3 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

If you go to the Celebrity App, and click the Profile tab, the one on the right of the three tabs at the top, this will give you the date your check in opens. Then you can be ready to complete your check in as soon as it is available.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

And that is dependant on where you live, we in UK have to wait until it’s 45 days before in USA.😱

It actually opened at midnight. I filled it in at 06.30 and was fortunately able to choose the earliest arrival time 11.30, which I wanted as we are due out of our overnight hotel at 10.00.

Same here - check-in opened the day after the one advised on the app. 

7 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

Easiest to check your app.  It is 45ish days away.  Ish meaning for my cruise it was 44 days before it opened.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The OP asked when was checkin.  Am sure your answer is perfect.  Mine simply gave what Celebrity says online.  Of course it can sometimes be more or less due to time zones, holidays, weekends and that things happen on a flexible schedule at Celebrity 

10 hours ago, laslomas said:

If you go to the Celebrity App, and click the Profile tab, the one on the right of the three tabs at the top, this will give you the date your check in opens. Then you can be ready to complete your check in as soon as it is available.

This is very helpful!  I too was under the impression that it was 90 days prior, but the app indicates check-in for our sailing opens on 08/31/22, which is 45 days prior.  Thank you for this!

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

As far I know Celebrity still sends out a email when your cruise check in starts? Have things changed?

Never got one.  Someone on my roll call said, "Check in is open" but it wasn't for me for another hour.

4 minutes ago, Pandacruisers said:

Hello

Our cruise starts soon from Southampton. What are the benefits of checking in online 45 days prior to the cruise rather than just turning up at the terminal?

Selecting your check in time for the embarkation terminal and providing covid and passport info.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Pandacruisers said:

Hello

Our cruise starts soon from Southampton. What are the benefits of checking in online 45 days prior to the cruise rather than just turning up at the terminal?

You get first choice of boarding times.   The earliest usually fill up within a day or two.

1 hour ago, Pandacruisers said:

Many thanks to Jim-Iain and davekathy. 

We have an Aqua cabin and thought we had priority boarding. Might be wrong anyway are there any other benefits to checking in online? 

Everything is now done by arrival time to get into terminal and then they do have "Priority Counters" for checkin  once inside the terminal.    It was a means of controlling the number of people in the terminal during Covid.    They have been enforcing but sometimes if there is a break they invite people from the next time slot lane to enter.

• 9 months later...

Is there a standard time online check in opens on the day it's scheduled to? I live in the US (California), but the cruise leaves out of Rome. Would online check in begin at midnight Rome time?

6 hours ago, Fish7 said:

Is there a standard time online check in opens on the day it's scheduled to? I live in the US (California), but the cruise leaves out of Rome. Would online check in begin at midnight Rome time?

That’s been my experience, yes. 

• Thanks 1