Oceania Ends COVID Testing Requirement - except where required

Host Jazzbeau

20 hours ago, Traveller94 said:

Thanks for confirming. My travel agent called Oceania this morning and was told we were just supposed to ignore the testing requirement listed on our boarding passes. 

I'm also on your cruise and was questioning the test requirement for boarding in Barcelona on the paperwork sent from Oceania.  I  thought a negative test was not required, but yet there it is in black and white!  I would imagine they'll have a lot of people presenting their negative covid test!  And what about people who are still testing positive, yet had covid a month ago?  They may be cancelling when they don't have too! Crazy!

50 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

I would imagine they'll have a lot of people presenting their negative covid test! 

Or maybe people that need a test and don't have one. I'd double and triple check this before leaving. 

21 hours ago, Traveller94 said:

Thanks for confirming. My travel agent called Oceania this morning and was told we were just supposed to ignore the testing requirement listed on our boarding passes. 

It does seem like Oceania should have the appropriate information on the boarding pass. It definitely causes confusion to get an email from them saying a test isn’t needed and then get a boarding pass that says it is.

I agree that additional checking is needed. My TA said that she’s going to follow up with me after August cruising starts and we see what is really happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traveller94 said:

It does seem like Oceania should have the appropriate information on the boarding pass. It definitely causes confusion to get an email from them saying a test isn’t needed and then get a boarding pass that says it is.

I agree that additional checking is needed. My TA said that she’s going to follow up with me after August cruising starts and we see what is really happening.

Agree 100%.  It's ridiculous that Oceania has this requirement on a boarding pass if it's no longer required.  Who's running ship? lol

• Like 1

Has anyone had a reply from Oceania re PCR /lateral flow tests? 
1st of August today and the requirement for COVID testing is still on the online check in for 18th August. 
We will be in Barcelona  5 days before our cruise and we will need to book tests if Oceania has changed the rules. 
Our  TA has not managed to find out however Oceania did email us directly to say a test was not needed.

thanks

On 8/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, welshfamily said:

Has anyone had a reply from Oceania re PCR /lateral flow tests? 
1st of August today and the requirement for COVID testing is still on the online check in for 18th August. 
We will be in Barcelona  5 days before our cruise and we will need to book tests if Oceania has changed the rules. 
Our  TA has not managed to find out however Oceania did email us directly to say a test was not needed.

thanks

Our TA did talk to O and for our August 16th cruise no test is needed. We are cruising out of Iceland though, the rules could be different for Spain.

On 7/30/2022 at 3:25 PM, bbtondo said:

I'm also on your cruise and was questioning the test requirement for boarding in Barcelona on the paperwork sent from Oceania.  I  thought a negative test was not required, but yet there it is in black and white!  I would imagine they'll have a lot of people presenting their negative covid test!  And what about people who are still testing positive, yet had covid a month ago?  They may be cancelling when they don't have too! Crazy!

I am going dizzy with all this! I have our proof of vaccination and I thought that was enough!

Trust me!

You know what thought did? followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding!  They are now reccomending that we travel with the latest smart phone or tablet! I'm 75 an don't have the latest anything. 

Stressed out and very unhappy

Josie xx

BTW we also join in Barcelona

2 hours ago, BenMurphy said:

I am going dizzy with all this! I have our proof of vaccination and I thought that was enough!

Trust me!

You know what thought did? followed a muck cart and thought it was a wedding!  They are now reccomending that we travel with the latest smart phone or tablet! I'm 75 an don't have the latest anything. 

Stressed out and very unhappy

Josie xx

BTW we also join in Barcelona

When I cruised out of BCN on Viking in the Med last fall I had every form, etc printed out on good old fashion paper.  I found that I went through the lines much quicker than some people who were fumbling on their phones.  This was my experience flying out of MIA with AA, entering BCN showing their health form/Vac cards and boarding a Viking Ocean ship.

• Like 1

Anyone know if they are enforcing mask wearing when in Italian ports as per their website info. We were on an Azamara 2 months back and we departed Ravenna and their was no mask requirements either outbound or on the return.

This must must be Oceania’s interpretation of the rules or their own company policy, or other lines are just not complying. Not sure which at the moment. The Italian rules I’ve seen state masks on public transport including ferries, but does not specifically say cruise ships which I guess are not really public transport.

1 hour ago, Tuscany4 said:

Anyone know if they are enforcing mask wearing when in Italian ports as per their website info. We were on an Azamara 2 months back and we departed Ravenna and their was no mask requirements either outbound or on the return.

This must must be Oceania’s interpretation of the rules or their own company policy, or other lines are just not complying. Not sure which at the moment. The Italian rules I’ve seen state masks on public transport including ferries, but does not specifically say cruise ships which I guess are not really public transport.

I believe that cruise ships are classified as public transport, just as ferries are. The public can purchase tickets, therefore it’s public transport.