Crown & Anchor points

Can someone explain to me how the points work?  I’m a gold member (only 8 points) but my family (husband and two girls age 8 and 10) haven’t cruised RCCL before so have no points.

We’re travelling on a 7 night cruise on Liberty in a GS.

How many points will I have at the end of the sailing and how many will they have?

For the GS you will get 2 points per night so you will get 14 + 8 for 22 points. Your family living in the same household will be the same status as you regardless if they have cruised or not. If you happened to have booked this cruise before September 30 when they had the double points promotion you would get 28 points. When did you book it?

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, Harriet75C said:

Booked in April ‘21, but had forgotten I had a Crown and Anchor number so I didn’t put that in when I booked.  Will that affect the points I get?  I’ve added it now.

As long as you booked by sept 30 2021 and sail by dec 31 2022 you will get double pts. It's in the system. I dont think your family gets double pts because the double pts offer isnt open to people who didnt have a rcl number. You husband and minor children will share your loyalty level though. If it's not shown you can call and they can match. 

• Like 1

We had double points for our Jan Anthem of the seas we had to cancel being covid was so bad and so many restrictions we moved it to a April Explorer of the seas cruise was told the double points would still be good but no notes were put in and now they say its not eligible well being it was with cruise with confidence it should of been 

5 hours ago, Tammy1205 said:

We had double points for our Jan Anthem of the seas we had to cancel being covid was so bad and so many restrictions we moved it to a April Explorer of the seas cruise was told the double points would still be good but no notes were put in and now they say its not eligible well being it was with cruise with confidence it should of been 

Unfortunately I know from experience when you start cancelling and rescheduling cruises, the double points are no longer eligible. Oh well,  it just means I will be a Diamond for two extra cruises. 

If the original booking qualified for the double points promo but then was moved to a new ship and sail date as long as the same booking number was retained then it should qualify for the double points promo if it sails in 2022.  I've had several such cruises.  One didn't get the double added so I called and they agreed it was eligible so they added the extra points.

There were some cruises Royal cancelled in January and February where the FCC should allow the new booking to be eligible for the double points promo but that was specific to a few ships that Royal cancelled the cruises due to Omicron.