Bionic Bar

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Looks like a mixed drink is $14.00. Now the question. Do they still add a gratuity for a drink purchased at the Bionic bar? What is the cost of a mixed drink at a regular bar that is plus gratuity, right?

Yes 18% gratuity added to a drink that almost always is not a full glass due to robot spillage. You are forced to give a tip to a clumsy robot, i.e. a fancy vending machine that breaks down often.  Forget about asking for ice later if you forgot to ask for it in when first ordered.  A Royal Rip-Off -- I would much rather have something else in that space like Celebrity's Martini Bar. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes 18% gratuity added to a drink that almost always is not a full glass due to robot spillage. You are forced to give a tip to a clumsy robot, i.e. a fancy vending machine that breaks down often.  Forget about asking for ice later if you forgot to ask for it in when first ordered.  A Royal Rip-Off -- I would much rather have something else in that space like Celebrity's Martini Bar. 

So you are talking about $16.50 for a problem drink. I think the bar charges $13.00 for most drinks or a little less depending on the drink. The Bionic Robarts I guess must send money back home to the bionic family. 18% needed to keep them liberated.

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So you are talking about $16.50 for a problem drink. I think the bar charges $13.00 for most drinks or a little less depending on the drink. The Bionic Robarts I guess must send money back home to the bionic family. 18% needed to keep them liberated.

The only good thing about it is you won't get drunk there.  The alcohol content is nearly non-existent.  Yes, bionic families need to survive like the rest of us -- but the breadwinner needs to find another occupation, IMO. 

58 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Looks like a mixed drink is $14.00. Now the question. Do they still add a gratuity for a drink purchased at the Bionic bar? What is the cost of a mixed drink at a regular bar that is plus gratuity, right?

Yes but it's unclear whether or not the robot has to share it with others. 

11 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

We loved the Martini Bar on Celebrity. I always liked the frost/ice on the bar top and the drinks were good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Not in Europe where the price has the gratuity included.  You may be looking at Europe prices.

7 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Googled it. Price indicated for 2022. it did not say gratuity included at $14.00

There might be some one-off, but the price at the Bionic Bar is very unlikely to be any different than the rest of the bars on the ship - very few will be above the drink package limit of $13. 

15 minutes ago, rossco_p said:

I believe the Robots in a relationship together. Double income, no kids. They are probably doing better than most employees on the ship. 

These bots are also waaay more expensive than any employee and all the human bartenders put together (even the captain and whole crew) since it cost almost 1 billion to build and replacement parts aren't cheap either. The bots don't earn their keep and serve spilled drinks in a plastic cup. No olives for martinis either.  😱  

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The gratuities at the Bionic Bar go into the Crew Welfare Fund.

Put that in your snark pipe and smoke it.

That is very noble indeed, however I'd rather donate the entire cost of the drink instead of drinking it to the Crew Welfare Fund.  Snark pipe smoking allowed at the BB?