I've a bad feeling about this.

pathi

33 minutes ago, Coral said:

Or it is possible they don't have enough crew to staff the ship.

Oh yeah absolutely, considering the Diamond just also stopped in Singapore and Manila less than 10 days ago, and quite possibly depleted the available crew ... As well as posted above the obvious USA visa issues (?).

But as I posted, all just speculation until Princess officially spills the beans 

32 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Oh yeah absolutely, considering the Diamond just also stopped in Singapore and Manila less than 10 days ago, and quite possibly depleted the available crew ... As well as posted above the obvious USA visa issues (?).

But as I posted, all just speculation until Princess officially spills the beans 

Interesting - I didn't know about the Diamond.

Hopefully Princess will let people know soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

Sapphire Princess is on her way to Singapore.

Do you know where she came from as the Sapphire bridgecam has been showing on her way to Singapore for quite a few days.

8 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Do you know where she came from as the Sapphire bridgecam has been showing on her way to Singapore for quite a few days.

According to LBCABob on my roll call, on 6/14 she was anchored in Limassol (Cypress) then on 7/2 she was in Italy.

26 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

According to LBCABob on my roll call, on 6/14 she was anchored in Limassol (Cypress) then on 7/2 she was in Italy.

Wasn't she supposedly in dry dock getting updates?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, leck57 said:

She has been off Cyprus for a long time.   This is a screen shot off Cruisemapper.

5D910BE2-CFF5-42A1-9CC4-2BC1C2D88716.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Looks like Sapphire is available for booking again.  Very limited availability.

What site are you looking at, on Princess, it's still unavailable? Are you looking at 9/24  - 10 day Mexico & 10/4 - Hawaii?

Edited by tonit964
Added info

4 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

What site are you looking at, on Princess, it's still unavailable?

Sorry it had flipped to the October cruise.   I apologize for getting hopes up.  I will ask for my comment to be deleted.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Sorry it had flipped to the October cruise.   I apologize for getting hopes up.  I will ask for my comment to be deleted.

No worries, thanks for checking because you never know. 😉

Yeah, mine defaulted to the October one as well.

• Like 1

I am booked on the first sailing of the Diamond Princess on Sept. 1st out of San Diego for a 5 day cruise to San Francisco and Ensenada.  For about 3-4 days this cruise is showing the same thing as your Sapphire cruise is showing "Currently Unavailable".  And it is highly unlikely to be sold out as just a day before it became "Currently Unavailable" there were tons of cabins available.  So, I have been wondering if this sailing will also be cancelled due to either not enough bookings and Princess does not want it to sail so empty or that there is not enough crew that they were reportedly to pick up in Singapore to staff the ship.  However, the subsequent sailing on Sept. 6th is still showing that it is open for booking.  But it has less available cabins so more bookings than the Sept 1st. one.  So, who knows.  The rollcall for the Sept. 1st sailing is sparse but so far no one has heard anything about the sailing being cancelled.  Time will tell. 

18 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Hmmm. It's there, just shows "currently unavailable". Don't know why it would be that way for 3 weeks.

Our sept 10 Regal shows the same thing. Not sure how long, but it has been at least a week now. 

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Our sept 10 Regal shows the same thing. Not sure how long, but it has been at least a week now. 

The Regal is showing three separate sailings for the same date, a 7 day, a 14 day and a 21 day for 9/10. All of those are showing unavailable. That’s probably why. I’ve never seen that before.

Princess needs to figure out which one to go with. 

5 hours ago, tonit964 said:

The Regal is showing three separate sailings for the same date, a 7 day, a 14 day and a 21 day for 9/10. All of those are showing unavailable. That’s probably why. I’ve never seen that before.

Yes, the med sailings are sold each way as 7, 14 or 21day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonit964 said:

They've already figured out they go with all three sailings. They are just various combinations of 7 day sailings. Sometimes it's better to book B2B2B or B2B or as 14 or 21 day sailings. You have to look at the combined fares as well as the various OBCs you'd get whether from Future Cruise Deposits, Shareholder and possibly Military / Veteran's benefits.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 4:39 PM, pathi said:

So I am booked on Sapphire 9/24 out of Los Angeles. This booking still shows in my personalizer with all payment info etc present. The issue is that this cruise has not shown up on the Princess website in about 3 weeks.

Cruise is about 64 days out.

If this is cancelled when can I expect a notice?

Or do guys think it is sold out? I thought you could waitlist even if it is sold out.

I think it means it is sold out or almost sold out

On 7/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, DavidsNana said:

I am booked on the first sailing of the Diamond Princess on Sept. 1st out of San Diego for a 5 day cruise to San Francisco and Ensenada.  For about 3-4 days this cruise is showing the same thing as your Sapphire cruise is showing "Currently Unavailable".  And it is highly unlikely to be sold out as just a day before it became "Currently Unavailable" there were tons of cabins available.  So, I have been wondering if this sailing will also be cancelled due to either not enough bookings and Princess does not want it to sail so empty or that there is not enough crew that they were reportedly to pick up in Singapore to staff the ship.  However, the subsequent sailing on Sept. 6th is still showing that it is open for booking.  But it has less available cabins so more bookings than the Sept 1st. one.  So, who knows.  The rollcall for the Sept. 1st sailing is sparse but so far no one has heard anything about the sailing being cancelled.  Time will tell. 

We’re on the above mentioned Sept 1 cruise as well. Am also a bit concerned. Today we discussed “Plan B” if the cruise is cancelled. Waiting with fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

We’re on the above mentioned Sept 1 cruise as well. Am also a bit concerned. Today we discussed “Plan B” if the cruise is cancelled. Waiting with fingers crossed! 

Yep I'm in the same boat here.  Just waiting to hear something.  Hopefully, sooner than later.  I'm hoping at no later than the 30 day out mark but who knows.