Three Night Dining Booking Question

It seems that I can make reservations on the app for specialty dining on my upcoming cruise.  I have the dining package but don't see how to connect the package to the restaurants selected. It wants to charge the individual restaurant price. Is there a way to tie this into my package or is it done once onboard. Thanks again for your input and assistance

5 minutes ago, caravellov1 said:

It seems that I can make reservations on the app for specialty dining on my upcoming cruise.  I have the dining package but don't see how to connect the package to the restaurants selected. It wants to charge the individual restaurant price. Is there a way to tie this into my package or is it done once onboard. Thanks again for your input and assistance

Go to any Specialty restaurant as soon as you board and make all your dining reservations.  I would guess 150CP would have the shortest lines for making all your reservations

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, caravellov1 said:

You can do it once on board.  It appears that it is being charged but it does not actually charge.  Just did this 2 weeks ago on Ovation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can do it once on board.  It appears that it is being charged but it does not actually charge.  Just did this 2 weeks ago on Ovation.

Really? Because that was driving me crazy on Navigator. I had heard that you can make reservations on the app, but it wanted to charge me every time I tried. 

6 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

We have the 3 Specialty Dining package too, for our October Allure western cruise.  I read somewhere that the cruise line makes an initial reservation, but that it can be changed if we choose.  Is this true?  

I've actually never seen where that "1st" night of dining is 😏.  I just to to a speciality restaurant and make my reservations. I take care of that and my muster drill before I even hit the room so it's done and out of the way. 

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Really? Because that was driving me crazy on Navigator. I had heard that you can make reservations on the app, but it wanted to charge me every time I tried. 

I figured it was worth trying.  If it actually charged it could easily be removed by the restaurant or the D concierge.  It wasnt like it was charging your credit card directly. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hi Ken @Ourusualbeach.

I was looking at the unlimited dining and the 3 day dining.

as D+ members we get the D+ BOGO for the first 2 nights.

The 3 day package says they will do complimentary bookings for the first 2 night's?

We would want to do the D+ BOGO then the 3 night dining package other nights.

Do you know if we would encounter any problems doing this?

Many thanks.

Graham.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Ken @Ourusualbeach.

I was looking at the unlimited dining and the 3 day dining.

as D+ members we get the D+ BOGO for the first 2 nights.

The 3 day package says they will do complimentary bookings for the first 2 night's?

We would want to do the D+ BOGO then the 3 night dining package other nights.

Do you know if we would encounter any problems doing this?

Many thanks.

Graham.

No problems, just change things around on board

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 6:28 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I figured it was worth trying.  If it actually charged it could easily be removed by the restaurant or the D concierge.  It wasnt like it was charging your credit card directly. 

It is asking for my credit card when I go to checkout. Spoke to a RC customer service rep yesterday and he confused me even more. I think that I am getting more accurate information from here than I did from him.

3 minutes ago, caravellov1 said:

It is asking for my credit card when I go to checkout. Spoke to a RC customer service rep yesterday and he confused me even more. I think that I am getting more accurate information from here than I did from him.

I was referring to booking on the ship through the app.

Sounds like you are booking from land and not through the app ahead of your cruise 

You cannot make reservations ahead of time with the package. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was referring to booking on the ship through the app.

Sounds like you are booking from land and not through the app ahead of your cruise 

You cannot make reservations ahead of time with the package. 

Thanks. You have been a great help/

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:42 PM, baelor said:

Out of curiosity, why?  

For some reason most people seem to want to wait in line at Chop's. Last cruise on Symphony my wife went to Chop's and the line was very long, she walked across to Jamies and the line was shorter but still long, she headed up to Wonderland and no line at all. Line gets held up when someone is making reservations for 7 nights and have no backup plans if the day and time they want is taken.  Long lines don't bother me as I am sitting comfortably at Trellis Bar with my first gin and tonic as my wife takes care of business.