Late Seating On Beyond

Sascol

Been on 20+ cruises so I’m almost embarrassed to ask this. We’re sailing on the Beyond and have late seating. How does that work with all of the dining rooms to choose from?  Do we make reservations at a specific venue and just go at the time assigned to late dining?  Just not sure what the process is. Thanks in advance. 

12 minutes ago, Sascol said:

Been on 20+ cruises so I’m almost embarrassed to ask this. We’re sailing on the Beyond and have late seating. How does that work with all of the dining rooms to choose from?  Do we make reservations at a specific venue and just go at the time assigned to late dining?  Just not sure what the process is. Thanks in advance. 

They will assign you to one of the 4 main dining restaurants for the cruise.  You can speak with the maitre d' if you'd like to change restaurants. 

You will be assigned to one of the 4 MDR’s, same table, same waitstaff at the late seating time.  It has been reported by many that on sailings with very reduced capacity it was very easy to dine in the other dining rooms.  However, as occupancy increases, I would anticipate this becoming more challenging.  If you do wish to dine in a different dining room at some point, I think making this request of the Maitre d’ of your assigned dining room in advance, you could be accommodated.

All that said, the menus of the 4 dining rooms are identical except for the small section of “exclusives “ (3 starters, 3 mains and 1dessert) to that restaurant.  That portion of the menu does not change, and it’s been reported that it is possible to request an exclusive from another of the dining rooms.  The only other difference is decor..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sascol said:

I seem to remember on Edge we made reservations to all of the four restaurants in advance at whatever time we wanted. Is this no longer a thing or is that something other than late dining?

I was able to book different times for different MDRs on Beyond once I was switched from early to select dining 

12 minutes ago, Sascol said:

I seem to remember on Edge we made reservations to all of the four restaurants in advance at whatever time we wanted. Is this no longer a thing or is that something other than late dining?

We were able to do the same on Apex, but we had select dining, not fixed or traditional.  OP had traditional, late seating.

42 minutes ago, Sascol said:

That is how Select (anytime) dining works.  

If you have a Early  or Late seating dining you dine at the same time, same table, same waitstaff every night.  No reservations needed, no wait to be seated after the 1st night.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

That is how Select (anytime) dining works.  

If you have a Early  or Late seating dining you dine at the same time, same table, same waitstaff every night.  No reservations needed, no wait to be seated after the 1st night.

I’ve done both but I prefer the freedom of being able to go where I want when I want, though my hubby is usually the opposite 

There should be a waitlist option if it isn't currently available to switch to, when I booked my August cruise it only had two options (early/late). I added myself to the waitlist and within a few weeks I was switched to select dining

36 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

There should be a waitlist option if it isn't currently available to switch to, when I booked my August cruise it only had two options (early/late). I added myself to the waitlist and within a few weeks I was switched to select dining

Oh really?  Where do I access waiting list?  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Sascol said:

Oh really?  Where do I access waiting list?  Thank you.

Goto the website and access your cruise reservation. Click 9n reservation details and you'll see where the dining section is. Click on it and you'll be able to change your dining time and/or be placed on a waiting list. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Goto the website and access your cruise reservation. Click 9n reservation details and you'll see where the dining section is. Click on it and you'll be able to change your dining time and/or be placed on a waiting list. 

Thanks - just tried this and it is not an option.  Dining option says 'late' but it is not a valid/active link to click on.

40 minutes ago, Sascol said:

Thanks - just tried this and it is not an option.  Dining option says 'late' but it is not a valid/active link to click on.

Sorry it desn't work for you. What I would do is call your TA if you used one or Celebrity if you booked direct and have them put you on the waitlist for Select Anytime Dining (Yes, they've updated the terminology to Select Anytime dining vs Select Dining Early and Select Dining Late)

Edited by kwokpot

43 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Sorry it desn't work for you. What I would do is call your TA if you used one or Celebrity if you booked direct and have them put you on the waitlist for Select Anytime Dining (Yes, they've updated the terminology to Select Anytime dining vs Select Dining Early and Select Dining Late)

My wife is doing that just now...thank you

Just now, techteach said:

@Sascol I am diabetic and cannot possibly have dinner at 8:30pm. I called Celebrity the after I booked (this weekend) and it was changed to anytime dining without a problem. I hope it is as easy once we board.

What seems odd to me is that the ONLY options we had were early or late.  Our TA knows we prefer anytime and this was never an option for her to pick for us so we're trying everything to work around it. 8:30 works well for us. We're more concerned about having the ability to move around to the different venues.