Best Alaska cruise ship for kids?

Bluefox

I think my kids will be almost 7 and 10 by the time we are planning to go. We are looking to go over our fall break in October 2024. Best kids club/activities? The reason I ask is we just got off of the NCL Getaway and they had very limited spots in the kids club and they removed the rock wall and putt putt. It was still a good time, but we were expecting something a little different. Plus I've never been to any of these ports which is quite a nice change of pace from 12 Caribbean cruises in a row 😉  Thanks!

I was not aware any ships went to Alaska in October.  I thought they all stopped the first part of September.  As far as a ship goes, I think the itinerary is more important than the ship for Alaska.  We took our grandkids (oldest 14-youngest 😎 on Celebrity this year because they had the ports we wanted to go to.  Not my first choice for kids, but they have a 'Camp at Sea' for the kids and they all had a ball. 

I would also not recommend an Alaskan cruise in October: weather, lack of shore excursions (too late in the season),etc.  

We cruised on Disney to Alaskan a few times with our kids and can highly recommend this cruise line!  Lots of onboard activities for kids and families as well as shore excursions focused on kids.

13 hours ago, Bluefox said:

I think my kids will be almost 7 and 10 by the time we are planning to go. We are looking to go over our fall break in October 2024. Best kids club/activities? The reason I ask is we just got off of the NCL Getaway and they had very limited spots in the kids club and they removed the rock wall and putt putt. It was still a good time, but we were expecting something a little different. Plus I've never been to any of these ports which is quite a nice change of pace from 12 Caribbean cruises in a row 😉  Thanks!

You won't find the experienced Alaska cruise lines offering cruises to Alaska in October, for very good reasons - weather, little open and reduced daylight.

I've sailed this coast for 35 years and no way I would book an Alaska cruise in October.

Taking a quick look at the 2022 October cruise schedule for Juneau (assuming everyone docks there), it looks like only NCL has sailing into October this year so they may be the only ones sailing in October in 2024.

image.thumb.png.8f737c9d7ffad9c02daaa564e9170937.png

Serioisly, you will.need to find another time to go from mid May to mid September. Princess has good.programs for kids and there is usually a Naturalist onboard for informative talks and during glacier time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not my choice but OP you might want to consider RCI Quantum class out of Seattle if sailing with kids. We'll be sailing with extended family including (2 young grandsons) and we're not basing it on what will be best for them...it's what worked out with our schedule this year (multiple cruises) and sailing on Serenade early September. No doubt they'll compare it to Harmony that we sailed on in April...but oh well they'll have fun regardless !!!