The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 26th, 2022

richwmn

Today is All or Nothing Day, Aunt and Uncle Day, and World Tofu Day

A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.--C.S. Lewis

Meal Suggestion for today - Classic Tres Leches Cake
Drink of the Day - Yuzu Toddy
Wine of the Day - Quinta do Vale Meão 2018 Red (Douro) Portugal
Destination of the Day - Maroe Bay, Huahine Iti, French Polynesia

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska - Icy Strait Point, Hoonah, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Qaqortoq, Greenland eta 07/27

Noordam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

Palermo, Sicily Italy 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Flam, Norway 08:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland - 17:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07/27

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0726Atlantic.thumb.png.107953d6b2e445efe49ed822a2a2dd79.png

0726Pacific.thumb.png.0237d96ab3d89f3bc7ae85ffd277073d.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I'm not sure about the quote.

I've had some wonderful aunts and uncles including one uncle who was like a second father to me. My father worked a lot and my uncle as he never married was very close to my mother, sister and me, he would pick us up every Sunday evening and took us out to dinner at some great Chicago restaurants. He also in my teens bought me my first set of Golf Clubs, a Bowling Ball with bag and shoes, a stereo record player and when I returned from Vietnam a brand new car. He died at age 54 in an automobile accident that wasn't his fault, he was a great guy and I will never forget him.

I would try the cake.

We have never been to the port.

We usually have dinner out on Tuedays, probably Mexican tonight.

More Saharan dust coming to Florida on Wednesday which means more sneezing for me.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31

It's a cool morning here, only 10C.  Where did the heat go?   It's supposed to warm up and be sunny this afternoon.  We're picking up my mum and doing a Costco run this morning.

I'm not a fan of "all or nothing", compromise is a good thing.  I'm at that age that a lot of my aunts and uncles have died, but I have wonderful memories of them.  I don't eat tofu very often.

Love the quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for the cake.  I don't think I should eat that for a meal, but for a bit of dessert it sounds terrific.

I'd like to try the cocktail, hope the wine is good too.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 30

Good afternoon.

It is currently 14°C and cloudy here in North East England.

Thank you for the fleet reports and Daily Rich.

We have several Aunts and Uncles and Pauline and I are Aunt's and uncles to several niece's and nephews although our Sarah is like our daughter.

I always give myself options so all or nothing does not apply to me.

I was someone who very rarely read children's stories but Pauline has read lots.

From being a serious person since 1992 we have been to Walt Disney world Orlando and Disneyland Paris dozens of time's where we were both like children getting on all the rides and getting photos with the Disney characters.

I don't like the sound of the meal and don't drink red wine.

Photos are gleefully anticipated from today's port.

Prayer 🙏 for everyone who is unfortunate to be poorly.

I hope everyone stays safe and has a fabulous day.

Best regards.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 29

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  My Aunts and Uncles are long departed but I have one Niece and one Nephew.  Not sure about All or Nothing Day and will pass on the Tofu.  I like the Lewis quote.  I have not been to Maroe Bay.  Any cake sounds good.  My alternative menu suggestion is Mixed Italian Garden, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mint Basel Pesto and Potatoes Gratin and the  Tres Leches Cake would be a nice finale.

Our heat wave has finally broken for now.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami son with covid
Heartgrove brother discharged but rapidly declining
Marshhawk DH biopsy
The locks at Ijmuiden
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

House found for Lindaler DS
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Aliaschief in Scotland  until 7/31
Durango Scots shelter nearing completion
Volendam caring for refugees
0106 covering menu suggestions until 8/1
dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15), Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 14

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  My Aunts and Uncles are long departed but I have one Niece and one Nephew.  Not sure about All or Nothing Day and will pass on the Tofu.  I like the Lewis quote.  I have not been to Maroe Bay.  Any cake sounds good.  My alternative menu suggestion is Mixed Italian Garden, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mint Basel Pesto and Potatoes Gratin and the  Tres Leches Cake would be a nice finale.

Our heat wave has finally broken for now.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami son with covid
Heartgrove brother discharged but rapidly declining
Marshhawk DH biopsy
The locks at Ijmuiden
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

House found for Lindaler DS
Seasick Sailer in Hawaii
Cruisin Single with sister to 7/28
Aliaschief in Scotland  until 7/31
Durango Scots shelter nearing completion
Volendam caring for refugees
0106 covering menu suggestions until 8/1
dfish (Rotterdam 7/17 to 7/31) and Gail&Marty (10/15), Vict0riann  (Nieuw Statendam (7/16 to 8/9) and Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for keeping the lists updated daily Roy.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Another lovely morning here. Yesterday was just spectacular high temps, low humidity and a strong onshore breeze that made it almost cool in the shade. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy.  Hope your check up went well. Morning Dailyites! Early gym class for me. Then an afternoon pool party with family.  And to top off the day, a visit to our local wine bar with friends. 

The girls’ Father picked this one out. The girls did not get the joke, but I did. 😎

FACDD7B3-09A7-46AD-AC5F-766F883C0C4E.jpeg.cfbfe82eb28242a3815708862c7031f0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Quinta do Vale Meão 2018 Red (Douro) Portugal

This wine sounds amazing & I would love a taste. Every released vintage shares the same superb ratings. It comes with a hefty price, though. Several online distributors with prices starting at $79.95.

Winemaker Notes

Very concentrated in color. Deep and complex nose with lots of aromatic nuances, yet maintaining the balance between them. In the mouth it is vibrant, in a set of great elegance, showing an excellent integration of the wood, a surprisingly large variety of flavors, and a very long aftertaste.

Blend: 50% Touriga Nacional, 45% Touriga Franca, 3% Tinta Barroca, 2% Tinta Roriz

WE99 Wine Enthusiast
This stellar wine comes from one of the grandest estates in the Douro, created in the 19th century by Dona Antónia Ferreira, whose family still owns it. For such a massive wine, it is surprisingly elegant. It is dense with tannins and black fruits but also sophisticated and certainly ageworthy. Drink from 2026. Cellar Selection.
JS99 James Suckling

Aromas of plum, mulberry, blueberry, oyster shell, olive, cedar, mocha and oregano. It’s medium-to full-bodied with firm, velvety and chewy tannins. Layered and so supple with a beautiful, transparent and polished core of blue fruit. Racy. Very fine and long. A blend of 50% touriga nacional, 45% touriga franca, 3% tinta barroca and 2% tinta roriz. Delicious already, but better from 2022.

WS95 Wine Spectator
A beautiful red that shows both finesse and power, layering glossy ripe cherry, raspberry reduction and orange peel notes with spice, anise and dried violet accents. Enticing, with mineral, Earl Grey tea, mocha and wild herb details echoing on the long finish. Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca and Tinta Roriz. Best from 2022 through 2035.
RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2018 Tinto is a 50/45 blend of Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca, with dollops of Tinta Roriz and Tinta Barroca filling out the blend, all aged for 16 months in 50% new and 50% second use French oak. It comes in at 14.3% alcohol. Creamier and more sensual than the Meandro this issue, this mostly shows off its oak right now. That will get better as this ages and pulls in the wood. Even now, though, it drinks fairly well. The tannins are ripe, although this does show more power with extended aeration. It tastes great and retains the elegance for which this bottling is famed. It should age well and it should improve more.
W&S91 Wine & Spirits
The Olazabal family farms this Douro Superior quinta where vines fan out along a fault line of granite and schist. The riverside blocks produce a generous and bold wine, the 2018 virtually half and half tourigas nacional and franca, with small additions of tintas barroca and roriz. Briefly foot trod (with 10 percent of the stems), this ferments in small vats then ages in French oak barriques (60 percent new). The oak dominates the wine for now, surrounding blackberry, date and olive notes in mouth-coating wood tannins. There’s savory fruit detail underneath, needing bottle age to emerge.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

All or nothing day?  I’ll be celebrating that today trying to get it “all” done in case.  I was blessed with wonderful aunts and uncles who I enjoyed and loved very much.  RIP.

I like the quote - but then again, I liked Lewis’ books and still have the complete works of the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe in my library.  The cake sounds good 🤞 Been to Polynesia but not today’s port.

7CC7DF16-C076-4BB4-8349-F008B19FA826.thumb.jpeg.b6f6c218f42378096ebbf63ced780ed2.jpeg

Our storm, high wind and tornado warnings for last night were all for naught.  We had some winds (nothing I call serious) but no rain 😔 it is still muggy out despite the forecast.  GRRRR.

56CB0979-1225-43D1-B0B1-7682BF60F1EE.thumb.jpeg.d7455b0a128f73c5624ae28eedfad797.jpeg

I have a couple of time consuming appointments this morning and then a ton of prep stuff to take care of when I get home.  The time line may have been moved up even more.  Shawdow is now in Toronto with temp fosters.  Here she is at the Egyptian airport getting ready to go (private photos - think it’s safe to post them here 😉)

8FBF2331-5501-4329-91CB-95978F722082.thumb.jpeg.7db53f6dafdeceea67e8327622bc1c9b.jpeg

It’s quite the operation they have - they are moving dogs out as fast as they can before Canada closes the border.

B93BF42B-69AD-4F49-9ABD-4A58F2888405.thumb.jpeg.e04fe780f88845a476f4bc28a57f347a.jpeg

ETA?  Not sure yet - they are seeing if they can get on a flight tomorrow instead of driving her.  If they can, she will be here tomorrow sometime.  If not it will be a few days.  So, It’s all or nothing day for me to get it as much done as I can “in case”.

As you can tell my other clematis have all started blooming.  They are usually before the other one - but it’s a weird year 😉 

566399A5-B56F-44C7-95CE-370DF0C06D76.thumb.jpeg.1ef4cee3237851309f9d98cb0509353b.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Tuesday everyone !!!!!!

874EBA6E-669F-4F73-BB05-92EDBD2F4B71.thumb.jpeg.9a985305c6c52cbba88bc1ab46eb2859.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Another lovely morning here. Yesterday was just spectacular high temps, low humidity and a strong onshore breeze that made it almost cool in the shade. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy.  Hope your check up went well. Morning Dailyites! Early gym class for me. Then an afternoon pool party with family.  And to top off the day, an visit to our local wine bar with friends. 

The girls’ Father picked this one out. The girls did not get the joke, but I did. 😎

FACDD7B3-09A7-46AD-AC5F-766F883C0C4E.jpeg.cfbfe82eb28242a3815708862c7031f0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

This brings back memories.  In February 1999 I was on a major train journey including the California Zephyr Chicago to California.  We encountered a blizzard in Donner Pass that stopped the train and had to wait several hours for a snow plow to arrive.  We were sitting on a warm train and I got a nice lunch but it was certainly a weird feeling knowing our location and the historical context.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
stop to wait
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Classic Tres Leches Cake is a rich and soupy sponge cake soaked in three milks (evaporated, condensed, and whole), often topped with whipped meringue or marshmallow fluff.

The inspiration for tres leches, most likely originated in England around the Middle Ages. Considering its form, tres leches can be categorized as a trifle cake, soaking a cake was and is still an easy way to repurpose old or stale cake. Nothing is wasted, everything is used.

Canned milk was produced as early as the 1850s and increased in popularity during the World Wars. Companies like Nestlé and Borden had such a difficult time keeping up with the demand that they opened operations in various locations throughout Latin America, including Nicaragua. Due in large part to the Great Depression in the 1930s, sales in the country skyrocketed. Canned milks were affordable and added luxury to cooking in times of need.

This is an authentic Tres Leches Cake recipe; it has a soft and ultra-moist crumb. It is soaked with a 3-milk mixture and topped with a lightly sweetened whipped cream and berries

https://natashaskitchen.com/tres-leches-cake/

Slice of Tres Leches Cake on a plate with fork

A great thing about Tres Leches, aside from its moist deliciousness, is the fact that it’s rather simple to make and even simpler to add a spin too. You could buy a prepared butter/pound cake or you could buy a boxed white cake mix if you do not want to make the cake from scratch. Now that you have your cake, use the following recipe to turn it into an actual Tres Leches cake. 

https://medinabaking.com/blog/history-of-the-tres-leches-cake/

Tres Leches Cake

I could not resist sharing this version of Tres Leches Cake which contains pumpkin puree, ¼ cup of bourbon and pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. The meringue topping also contains maple syrup to compliment the cake's pumpkin pie flavors. 

https://fatgirlhedonist.com/pumpkin-pie-tres-leches-recipe

pumpkin pie tres leches

• Like 26
  • Thanks 13

Happy Tuesday Dailyites!  The computer is very slow this morning, and I am trying to be very quick.  We need to leave in an hour to get Chuck to his appointment.   I loved my aunt.  When I get back today I will expound on that story.  My uncle, her husband told me some creepy stuff when I last saw him, but he explained later.  He stalked me.  Who would admit that.?  And again, I will explain later.  

f6318fad0f53b098479469db0b8bde20.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday morning friends!  It's a nice sunny morning so let's see what the day brings later.  The forecast says it's 72 with a high later of 90, and isolated thunderstorms expected at noon.  They say thundershowers every day and we haven't had any in days.  I heard this morning that St. Louis has had so much rain the last 24 hours that roads are closed with flooding.  Interstate 70 to downtown for instance.  Hope the water recedes and the rains move on.

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  Did you see the Whatta ya have? comments from yesterday's photo of a Varsity dog?  For those who don't know they have a long line of cash registers manned by employee who yell that over and over to the crowds who walk in and stare at the menu signboards.  If you know what you want because you go often, you can jump right up to the front and place your order.  We haven't been there in a few years now due to Covid.  And the fact we try not to go to Atlanta often because of the crazy traffic.  How about you Ann @marshhawk, do you and Chuck go to Varsity much?

I think I'll pass on world tofu day, and all or nothing sounds okay, but Aunt and Uncle Day sounds very nice.  I have lost most of mine but we still have DH's Uncle Earl in California.  He turned 94 recently and we always like to hear of long-lived relatives because it ups our chances of living to a ripe old age.

The cake recipes look great. Tina @0106 thanks for helping out while Debbie is away.  As for the port of Maroe Bay, we have not been to that particular place in Fr. Polynesia.  It was posted here last on April 27, 2021.  Thanks for all who post photos later on.

Prayers said for our entire group, and Ukraine before I was out of bed. 🙏 Did the treadmill and had breakfast so I'm off to a good start.  Cheers for all our travelers in the group.   Happy 20th birthday to my darling granddaughter Morgan.  She is probably working today at her summer jobs in Tampa, at a dive shop and the Florida Aquarium.  We will see her in Ohio in a few weeks when we, and she, visit the family.  Here she is celebrating her 17th birthday on Emerald Princess on one of our 50th wedding anniversary cruises in 2019 before the whole world fell apart due to Covid. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt14y05rHYELjjM7KHw57e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1562706789

Also prayers today for my DD as she undergoes an outpatient surgery this afternoon.  I'll respect her privacy and not mention what her surgery is, but hopefully that will correct the issue and she will be back to preparing for the school year next week. 

Jacqui @kazuwe can't wait to see photos of Shadow after she gets settled in with you.  What an adventure for you both!

Hope it's a wonderful day for everyone.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Classic Tres Leches Cake is a rich and soupy sponge cake soaked in three milks (evaporated, condensed, and whole), often topped with whipped meringue or marshmallow fluff.

The inspiration for tres leches, most likely originated in England around the Middle Ages. Considering its form, tres leches can be categorized as a trifle cake, soaking a cake was and is still an easy way to repurpose old or stale cake. Nothing is wasted, everything is used.

Canned milk was produced as early as the 1850s and increased in popularity during the World Wars. Companies like Nestlé and Borden had such a difficult time keeping up with the demand that they opened operations in various locations throughout Latin America, including Nicaragua. Due in large part to the Great Depression in the 1930s, sales in the country skyrocketed. Canned milks were affordable and added luxury to cooking in times of need.

This is an authentic Tres Leches Cake recipe; it has a soft and ultra-moist crumb. It is soaked with a 3-milk mixture and topped with a lightly sweetened whipped cream and berries

https://natashaskitchen.com/tres-leches-cake/

Slice of Tres Leches Cake on a plate with fork

A great thing about Tres Leches, aside from its moist deliciousness, is the fact that it’s rather simple to make and even simpler to add a spin too. You could buy a prepared butter/pound cake or you could buy a boxed white cake mix if you do not want to make the cake from scratch. Now that you have your cake, use the following recipe to turn it into an actual Tres Leches cake. 

https://medinabaking.com/blog/history-of-the-tres-leches-cake/

Tres Leches Cake

I could not resist sharing this version of Tres Leches Cake which contains pumpkin puree, ¼ cup of bourbon and pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. The meringue topping also contains maple syrup to compliment the cake's pumpkin pie flavors. 

https://fatgirlhedonist.com/pumpkin-pie-tres-leches-recipe

pumpkin pie tres leches

Wow that looks delicious.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning. I am happy to report that it is almost cool here at 75 degrees.A longer dog walk was possible and it was so nice to feel a breeze.I feel for the parts of the US and Canada still experiencing   the heat for so many days. 

We have only been to Polynesia  in my dreams so I look forward  to pictures. Only 2 of us in our eating collective like tofu so it doesn't  end up on the menu often.Today I will try yesterday's  Ropa de Viejo in the Instapot.The cake recipes look so good too....thank you Tina @0106 for all your hard work.My DH said to tell you  and Debbie @dfish, that he has never eaten so well.The variety is great!

I remember feeling sad when I realized the grandchildren  were getting too old for having stories read to them.They told me later that they "let " me continue to read to them . Both seem to enjoy books now.

@kazu,Jacqui, I am so excited to see that Shadow has made it to Canada and hope he gets safely to you soon.

I really enjoy hearing from everyone  here.I often  have little to say as I am trying hard to be positive and optimistic.  It doesn't  always work! I think that this group is just so supportive  and kind.It is a refuge for  me in an often  ugly world. Thanks to all that make it possible. 

Terry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Howdy, everyone!  They forgot to turn the WiFi off in Flam so all is working today.  We were supposed to do a fjord cruise to Gudvargen today but misread the tickets.  We thought we got in at 11:30 but it was really 9:30.  Oh, well. We had a nice day visiting all the souvenir shops.  Donna bought a sweatshirt and Sue got presents for her granddaughters.

F4270659-8CB4-422B-8B94-0C6EF1AB94DA.thumb.jpeg.48bf4c3460b14599daaab35095e4fd93.jpeg

You can’t beat the scenery.16AFD2A9-0DB6-4AC2-8EF5-A8343748A851.thumb.jpeg.e745df8b039747fade84f43d59023770.jpeg

Sue wants to

live in one of these so she can just cast her fishing line out the window,

• Like 37
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good Tuesday morning friends!  It's a nice sunny morning so let's see what the day brings later.  The forecast says it's 72 with a high later of 90, and isolated thunderstorms expected at noon.  They say thundershowers every day and we haven't had any in days.  I heard this morning that St. Louis has had so much rain the last 24 hours that roads are closed with flooding.  Interstate 70 to downtown for instance.  Hope the water recedes and the rains move on.

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  Did you see the Whatta ya have? comments from yesterday's photo of a Varsity dog?  For those who don't know they have a long line of cash registers manned by employee who yell that over and over to the crowds who walk in and stare at the menu signboards.  If you know what you want because you go often, you can jump right up to the front and place your order.  We haven't been there in a few years now due to Covid.  And the fact we try not to go to Atlanta often because of the crazy traffic.  How about you Ann @marshhawk, do you and Chuck go to Varsity much?

I think I'll pass on world tofu day, and all or nothing sounds okay, but Aunt and Uncle Day sounds very nice.  I have lost most of mine but we still have DH's Uncle Earl in California.  He turned 94 recently and we always like to hear of long-lived relatives because it ups our chances of living to a ripe old age.

The cake recipes look great. Tina @0106 thanks for helping out while Debbie is away.  As for the port of Maroe Bay, we have not been to that particular place in Fr. Polynesia.  It was posted here last on April 27, 2021.  Thanks for all who post photos later on.

Prayers said for our entire group, and Ukraine before I was out of bed. 🙏 Did the treadmill and had breakfast so I'm off to a good start.  Cheers for all our travelers in the group.   Happy 20th birthday to my darling granddaughter Morgan.  She is probably working today at her summer jobs in Tampa, at a dive shop and the Florida Aquarium.  We will see her in Ohio in a few weeks when we, and she, visit the family.  Here she is celebrating her 17th birthday on Emerald Princess on one of our 50th wedding anniversary cruises in 2019 before the whole world fell apart due to Covid. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt14y05rHYELjjM7KHw57e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1562706789

Also prayers today for my DD as she undergoes an outpatient surgery this afternoon.  I'll respect her privacy and not mention what her surgery is, but hopefully that will correct the issue and she will be back to preparing for the school year next week. 

Jacqui @kazuwe can't wait to see photos of Shadow after she gets settled in with you.  What an adventure for you both!

Hope it's a wonderful day for everyone.

Happy Birthday  to Morgan.

Prayers for your DD today.I hope all goes well.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  Did you see the Whatta ya have? comments from yesterday's photo of a Varsity dog?  For those who don't know they have a long line of cash registers manned by employee who yell that over and over to the crowds who walk in and stare at the menu signboards.  If you know what you want because you go often, you can jump right up to the front and place your order.  We haven't been there in a few years now due to Covid. 

Since I was in Atlanta for High School I visited the Varsity many times. In those days they actually had car hops that put their card on your car as you drove in, then came and took your order and brought it to you. The comedian Nipsy Russell was a Varsity Car Hop for a while. It was quite common to stop at the Varsity on Friday Nights after a football game. The North Ave trade school is just across the downtown connector and provides a huge number of customers, particularly on Saturday game days. There is a tunnel under the downtown connector from the Varsity to the school campus.

• Like 26