ArriveCan if you're Canadian

OttawaJohn

I know there are a few threads about ArriveCan on the forums but I can't find a clear answer on this.

I keep getting emails from Celebrity saying this: "Before arriving to the pier, all guests will need to complete an entry form with specific information regarding your visit to Canada"

The problem is I am not visiting, I live here 🙂 I'm a Canadian citizen.

I don't need to use it to fly to Vancouver.  But I can't find a clear answer, do I need to fill it out somehow before I can board the cruise out of Vancouver?  I get I may have to use it when returning from Alaska and disembarking in Vancouver, but can anyone help clarify if I need to fill it out simply to board the boat in Vancouver, if I am already present in Canada?

I can't get a hold of anyone from Celebrity to answer this, so hoping someone here knows.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, OttawaJohn said:

I know there are a few threads about ArriveCan on the forums but I can't find a clear answer on this.

I keep getting emails from Celebrity saying this: "Before arriving to the pier, all guests will need to complete an entry form with specific information regarding your visit to Canada"

The problem is I am not visiting, I live here 🙂 I'm a Canadian citizen.

I don't need to use it to fly to Vancouver.  But I can't find a clear answer, do I need to fill it out somehow before I can board the cruise out of Vancouver?  I get I may have to use it when returning from Alaska and disembarking in Vancouver, but can anyone help clarify if I need to fill it out simply to board the boat in Vancouver, if I am already present in Canada?

I can't get a hold of anyone from Celebrity to answer this, so hoping someone here knows.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You fill it out before you embark in Vancouver and that is what serves as your completed ArriveCan for your return to Vancouver. We are from USA and because we spent 8 days in Vancouver prior to the cruise, we filled one ArriveCan out to arrive in Canada.AND then did exactly what you need to do...filled out another one within 72 hours of the cruise embarkation. There is an option on the app to check arrival by ship. You enter the cruise line and check returning port which on the app has confusing name "Vancouver cruise ship operations" and you will get an email from Arrive Can with QR code showing your ship's return date and location.

51 minutes ago, MR_T said:

I guess better to be safe than sorry and just fill it in anyway, it’s free and only takes a couple of mins to do 😊 

Yeah, added a note to the list of everything else lol 

Miss the days when you just showed up with a ticket and things happened.

• Like 2

To add to this if anyone can help clarify: I'm Canadian, and will be going one-way down to Los Angeles. I'm assuming I don't need to fill our ArriveCan until just before we fly back from Los Angeles, correct? The wording on various websites is a bit confusing.

5 minutes ago, xoveronica said:

To add to this if anyone can help clarify: I'm Canadian, and will be going one-way down to Los Angeles. I'm assuming I don't need to fill our ArriveCan until just before we fly back from Los Angeles, correct? The wording on various websites is a bit confusing.

Yes that is correct.  I had to fill it out for what was a 45 minute trip across the border for my Nexus appointment.  It takes about 5 minutes or so.  They will send you a QR code but it is also tied to your passport so once they scan the passport the information is there for them.

2 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

I also had this question.  I’m already here.  I’m not arriving in Canada.  I arrived 40 years ago.  
so it seems odd to fill out a form called *arrive* when you leaving Canada.

If your itinerary takes you out of Canada you only need to fill out ArriveCAN if it returns to Canada.

Canada allows those boarding cruise ships to complete the submission prior to boarding, rather than having them fill it out within 72 hours before arrival, as required by all other means of arriving.

We are Canadians living in Canada.  We did an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver and were required to complete Arrivecan because our cruise left Canada for the US and then returned to Canada.  You get an online receipt  in the arrivecan app once you have completed the arrivecan details for your trip.   You MAY be required to show the receipt to officials but we were never asked for it.  Travel sure has gotten more complicated what with Arrivecan, vaccine requirements and testing requirements. However I am willing to do what it takes....but still looking forward to when this is all behind us.