Are roll aways available?

Grimix

After reading the thread where a sofa bed was broken, and the haven guest was offered a separate balcony cabin for the extra guests several people mentioned roll away beds. We have six of us on an upcoming cruise in a Bliss DOS (Me, my wife, our 3 kids and my wife's father.) We were going to place my FIL in the second bedroom (wife wanted him to have his own room, it's his 80th birthday) and put the 3 kids (10, 13, and 15) in the living room. My wife would stay in the master, and assuming I don't do anything wrong I would be allowed to sleep there as well. We planned on putting the 3 kids in the family room. 2 on the sleeper sofa, and 1 on a mattress topper I hoped to request from the butler and have made into a bed on the floor (They often fight over who gets to use the couch cushions on sofa beds as their own bed since they prefer sleeping alone.) If there are sofa beds available that would probably be an even better solution! I just didn't think they'd have them on board since I don't think most cabins would have enough space for them. I know, first world problems...

1 minute ago, Grimix said:

After reading the thread where a sofa bed was broken, and the haven guest was offered a separate balcony cabin for the extra guests several people mentioned roll away beds. We have six of us on an upcoming cruise in a Bliss DOS (Me, my wife, our 3 kids and my wife's father.) We were going to place my FIL in the second bedroom (wife wanted him to have his own room, it's his 80th birthday) and put the 3 kids (10, 13, and 15) in the living room. My wife would stay in the master, and assuming I don't do anything wrong I would be allowed to sleep there as well. We planned on putting the 3 kids in the family room. 2 on the sleeper sofa, and 1 on a mattress topper I hoped to request from the butler and have made into a bed on the floor (They often fight over who gets to use the couch cushions on sofa beds as their own bed since they prefer sleeping alone.) If there are sofa beds available that would probably be an even better solution! I just didn't think they'd have them on board since I don't think most cabins would have enough space for them. I know, first world problems...

They should have some rollaways.

Because you are in a suite, I'd suggest requesting a rollaway in advance, through the pre-cruise Concierge.  That way, on the off chance that there is a run on rollaway beds, you'll be among the winners. 😉  

You can then arrange with your steward if you want the bed kept open during the day, or folded up.  And I'd tip the steward extra, but we tend to tip generously anyway.  We are fortunate to be able to do so...

GC

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely ask the concierge, and keep my fingers crossed one of the sofa beds are broken! Also, I was under the impression that the almond croissants are much better than the rolls. By I try not to judge my carbohydrates too harshly! (And my wife thinks I usually tip too much, which means I hope I will tip the right amount.)

On 7/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, Grimix said:

Prayers going up. 

We had a Handicap 3 person balcony on the NCL Star. The third bed was the one from the ceiling, my wife and myself were laughing out loud. My son who is in a wheelchair, he can get around pretty good but not into that. They just folded it back into ceiling and a few minutes later a nice roll away appeared. Great cruise. (Mexican Rivera) 

• 2 months later...

Wanted to thank everyone for their input, and add a resolution to the question. A little less than 2 weeks to sailing, after receiving the concierge email a couple days ago I reached out to them to request a rollaway. They said they would contact the ship to see if they could accommodate the request (So probably depends on the ship; we're sailing on the Bliss) The concierge replied the next day saying that they were able to accommodate the rollaway. If it does indeed show up my kids will probably be fighting to be the one to sleep on it as they are apparently too spoiled to like to share a bed.

TL;DR - Depending on a ship they do have rollaways! 

14 hours ago, Grimix said:

Wanted to thank everyone for their input, and add a resolution to the question. A little less than 2 weeks to sailing, after receiving the concierge email a couple days ago I reached out to them to request a rollaway. They said they would contact the ship to see if they could accommodate the request (So probably depends on the ship; we're sailing on the Bliss) The concierge replied the next day saying that they were able to accommodate the rollaway. If it does indeed show up my kids will probably be fighting to be the one to sleep on it as they are apparently too spoiled to like to share a bed.

TL;DR - Depending on a ship they do have rollaways! 

I have no idea in heII what TL:DR is but on the Dawn they do have roll aways.