Mini club balcony vs balcony

Seastheday19

if y ou look at t he pictures and description, the club balcony is slightly larger than the balcony. our 1st ncl cruise,(onthe pearl to alaska) my wife and i had the mid-ship mini suite and her sister/brother in law had the "balcony. they looked the same, except our cabin had the extra space for the sofa while their's did not.

• Like 1

The mini-suite balconies on the Jewel class ships are fifty four square feet, compared to thirty six square feet in a Balcony cabin. Overall, mini-suites have approximately one hundred square feet more ( than balcony cabins). It is like gaining an extra ten by ten room. Well worth it, if the price isn’t outrageous, just for the extra balcony and bathroom space. Just be careful where your cabin is.Forward under the spa, library, or card/ photo rooms are an excellent choice. Under the gym, buffet or the pool area- hit or miss. A cabin under LaCucina is a good choice, as outside of extra seating for breakfast and lunch for the buffet( and I’ve never seen many people in there at these times) it’s only open from approx. four PM to ten PM. Aft under the Great Outdoors are always desirable cabins. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Well worth it, if the price isn’t outrageous

Let's be honest.  Isn't that always the case with upgrades?  I'm happy in an inside, but if the price to upgrade to xyz is attractive, I'll take it!  For me, a balcony is worth up to $200 total for the week.  An aft balcony, maybe $300.  Beyond that?  I really don't know, but it is unlikely that I would want to pay it.  I would rather give the money to somebody who needs it more.

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

if y ou look at t he pictures and description, the club balcony is slightly larger than the balcony. our 1st ncl cruise,(onthe pearl to alaska) my wife and i had the mid-ship mini suite and her sister/brother in law had the "balcony. they looked the same, except our cabin had the extra space for the sofa while their's did not.

agreed with this assessment

On Jewel-class ships, Mini-suite/Club-balcony room has a curtain that you can use to separate the bed area and the sofa area. If you have 3 people in the room, this gives a little privacy to the person who sleeps on the sofa bed. The larger ships don’t have this curtain to separate to the living area. On my Panama canal cruise next year, the Club-balcony rooms are priced surprisingly cheaper than the regular balcony rooms. 

Club-balcony room on Jade

E644DDC1-D2D2-4108-982D-318A46BD0500.thumb.jpeg.f643a3e02a452eda1167f331be2e1a1e.jpeg

B7DBF02F-3C8B-479D-8753-2C5E480FE6BF.thumb.jpeg.35ce8845c2975d81863650d68d0abd5c.jpeg

388215BB-915B-48CB-8004-E837FE631E7B.thumb.jpeg.113faf7bf95e2612c13787619f10d167.jpeg

Edited by dhanakorn

We had a "mini suite" on the Gem, sister ship to the Jewel.  We enjoyed the extra space, the curtain, and really enjoyed the covered balcony.  I didn't care for the bathtub though.  There was always a concern about the movement of chairs above us.  We were dead center below the pool deck, but we had no issues at all. 

1 hour ago, Seastheday19 said:

Thanks all. I’ll have to see what the price difference is. 

Our balcony says there is a sofa. Are the sofas different sizes?

Sofas in balconies are smaller than those in mini-suites ( or in NCL speak-Club Balcony 

Suites).