2023/2024 Swap of itineraries between Brilliance of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas.

17 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Its actually pretty funny brilliance was switched to vancouver alaskan sailing as i don’t think a lot of us here would have known the difference. Its only from reading cruise critic that i read about radiance class ships and have wanted to sail on them.

brilliance is a lovely ship compared to enchantment.. you lucked out!!

mary anne

Called Royal to discuss the situation.  Was on hold for over an hour and got hung up on.  

Called back. Got a resolutions agent that said he could move me into a better sailing on a newer ship at no cost other than the difference between tax and port fees.  Just when he said he was going to do that for me, I got hung up on.

Called back.  After a hold was told that I was in the wrong department.  But they'd transfer me to the right department.  However, they transferred me to the wrong department again.

The wrong department said they were the wrong department but would transfer me to the right department.  However, they transferred me once again to the wrong department.

That wrong department said they'd transfer me to the right department but hung up on me.

Called back and apparently got the right department.  After going back and forth for over an hour, they said that the move proposed by the first agent could not be done for the same price.

I thought MSC customer service was bad, but this service is pretty shaky.

Edited by Stockjock

6 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Called Royal to discuss the situation.  Was on hold for over an hour and got hung up on.  

Called back. Got a resolutions agent that said he could move me into a better sailing on a newer ship at no cost other than the difference between tax and port fees.  Just when he said he was going to do that for me, I got hung up on.

Called back.  After a hold was told that I was in the wrong department.  But they'd transfer me to the right department.  However, they transferred me to the wrong department again.

The wrong department said they were the wrong department but would transfer me to the right department.  However, they transferred me once again to the wrong department.

That wrong department said they'd transfer me to the right department but hung up on me.

Called back and apparently got the right department.  After going back and forth for over an hour, they said that the move proposed by the first agent could not be done for the same price.

I thought MSC customer service was bad, but this service is pretty shaky.

RCCL customer service is consistently inconsistent!!!! The right hand doesn't even know that there is a left hand. I think that the CSR's have a "wheel of fortune" that they spin and give you an answer from wherever the wheel stops.

• Like 1

Lucky to have an excellent TA who is taking care of things for us. We were originally scheduled on a B2B for next April in a RS. This is the 3rd cancellation of this trip for us. There weren’t any RS available next April for any of the alternative ships, so we’re doing a RS on the Mariner and land vacation for the remainder of the time. 

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Hi Mary Anne, we're on a different one in October.  This musical ships thing is disappointing.  And the offer of $50 is pretty ridiculous.  We'll see if anything changes.  Maybe I'm being too harsh, but Enchantment seems like one of those ships pretty well ready for the scrapyard, or pawned off to some 3rd world cruise line.

Enchantment was apparently refurbished in 2017 and received "Oasis class upgrades" but I am not sure exactly what that means given the drastic size difference between the two ships.

I had this swap in the other direction. Booked Brilliance, it's being switched for Enchantment. I called to say I would "stay the course." They told me to expect a new invoice by August 27 - if not, to call back. At that time I should call to request my cabin assignment. Yes, it will obviously be different because they are differing classes of ships. Enchantment is smaller. I believe Brilliance has more balcony cabins. 

23 minutes ago, printingchick said:

I had this swap in the other direction. Booked Brilliance, it's being switched for Enchantment. I called to say I would "stay the course." They told me to expect a new invoice by August 27 - if not, to call back. At that time I should call to request my cabin assignment. Yes, it will obviously be different because they are differing classes of ships. Enchantment is smaller. I believe Brilliance has more balcony cabins. 

They told me that anyone wanting a refund had to do the request by either August 16 or August 18, but it sounds like they may not give us cabin assignments until after that, potentially. I think they should provide the cabin assignments before their refund window closes. Fortunately for me, I booked a fully refundable fare, but of course that does not apply to everybody.

9 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

They told me that anyone wanting a refund had to do the request by either August 16 or August 18, but it sounds like they may not give us cabin assignments until after that, potentially. I think they should provide the cabin assignments before their refund window closes. Fortunately for me, I booked a fully refundable fare, but of course that does not apply to everybody.

Everyone gets a refund.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive: 

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days – some international banking and financial institutions may have a processing time of approximately 30 business days.

I don't think that I would consider it a step down.  I've never sailed on Brillance but HAVE sailed on her sister ships.  However, I've sailed on Enchantment a couple of times and love it.  Enchantment was actually cut in half and lengthened years ago.  It's a great ship and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again if she was closer.

1 hour ago, Reijo said:

I don't think that I would consider it a step down.  I've never sailed on Brillance but HAVE sailed on her sister ships.  However, I've sailed on Enchantment a couple of times and love it.  Enchantment was actually cut in half and lengthened years ago.  It's a great ship and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again if she was closer.

Brilliance has shower curtains rather than the tube doors on her sister ships. Other than that, she's identical to Jewel or Serenade. Enchantment also has shower curtains, so equivalent. Enchantment seems to have a much larger main pool area resulting from the stretch. Cabins are said to be smaller than Radiance Class. Both have the cover adults-only solarium pool. Brilliance has mini-golf and the self-leveling pool tables. Enchantment has the trampoline/bungie thing instead. Radiance has doors to the after outside eating area where Enchantment's outdoor seating is not integrated into the restaurant, it's just near the pool area/ice cream machines (or so I understand - this will be my first Enchantment sailing so I've been asking a lot of questions!) 

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I did not want to wait for a cabin assignment since I had booked a JS and knew what I wanted. I didn’t want to risk all the JS being assigned and not being happy with my cabin. I called RCI Redeployment at 888-281-9344 and was able to select my JS before they were all auto-assigned. Very happy with my new cabin on the Brilliance. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That was removed just before she went back in service.

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I was curious as I couldn't see it on the deck plans. Did they put anything in that real estate? I wish the ship had mini-golf. It's such a laugh trying to play on a moving ship, especially when it's windy. 

Just got off the phone with RCCL and was confirmed that if  you do not want to change the reservation or cancel the change will automatically be done.  Right now it displays as cancelled but when all the changes are confirmed you will see the new information  for the new ship. 

They told me that all will remain the same dates, itineraries and departure port.  The only change is going to be the ship.

1 hour ago, printingchick said:

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I was curious as I couldn't see it on the deck plans. Did they put anything in that real estate? I wish the ship had mini-golf. It's such a laugh trying to play on a moving ship, especially when it's windy. 

Nothing there at the end of June, some canopies over holes in the deck, not usable space.

So my suite guarantee has been moved to the Enchantment sailing on the same date, but they did NOT honor the "same price" policy as advised in the email.  Is anyone else seeing that their invoice went up significantly?

Looks like I got the same cabin number and category as before.  The bad news is that the cabin looks to be much smaller, much older, with a much smaller window.  

Now I guess the question is to whether or not to stick with what I consider to be an inferior cabin in an inferior ship.

So I just spoke with Royal Caribbean and they canceled my $175 onboard credit. They said they could not honor it because that was part of the WOW sale but it does not carry over to the new deployment.

They also said I would get a $50 credit for the change but then they told me I wouldn’t get that either because they were able to preserve the same category, even though the cabin and ship are inferior. I am unimpressed by their customer service.