parking at port Canaveral? cheaper offsite?

basketballdad

1 hour ago, basketballdad said:

Where would you park at Port Canaveral?  On port or off?  where?

We park at the port for the convenience of walking off the ship and getting into our car.

However it is cheaper to park off site.  Park Port Canaveral is located about a mile from the port.  They have a big paved and fenced lot and their shuttles are great. 

Use the discount code at the top of their website for the best price…

www.parkportcanaveral.com

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

https://parkncruiseportcanaveral.com/ is about same distance but other direction ... has been around a long time .... whether this or ParkPortC' is closer actually depends on which terminal you are using ...

https://portparkingspace.com/ is a new player and is actually IN the port, adjacent to the Port Authority building ....

these three are all close and reputable and prices will bounce around as they jockey for business. There are others in the area but these are the closest and have fenced areas with security versus just leaving your car in an open lot of a hotel . . . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am all about saving my money but we parked at Terminal 1 for our cruise in March & boy was it easy.  Pulled in, dropped the bags, parked in level 2, waltzed through security & checkin.  Really took less than 15 minutes from car to waiting lounge.  Same in reverse, off the ship, grabbed bags, in the car & on the highway in maybe 20 minutes.  Cost an extra $45 but that’s peanuts for the convenience.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

We parked at the terminal 5 port in June.  They charge your credit card when you leave.  But.....we were almost the first car on the road towards I 95 within 10 minutes of walking off the ship.  Location, location, location.

Cheaper is a financial decision. Yes, you will spend less money offsite, roughly 50% of the price. However, you are dealing with the inconvenience of waiting for the shuttle, waiting for it fill up, driving to the lot, and then getting on your way. If time doesn't matter, it is perfectly ok. In our case, timing was important, so parking at the port was the best choice. Holiday driving stinks. Would have been great had it not been for SC. In our case, the extra 30 minutes going to offsite parking would have added another 3-4 hours to our drive which was already 5 hours longer than normal. 

We stayed at Homewood Suites night before our cruise. They had parking included for a 7 day cruise so for us it was a much better option than parking at pier. Took an Uber from hotel to port next morning for about $10 total for the 4 of us. (drive was only about 2 minutes)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mailmama said:

We stayed at Homewood Suites night before our cruise. They had parking included for a 7 day cruise so for us it was a much better option than parking at pier. Took an Uber from hotel to port next morning for about $10 total for the 4 of us. (drive was only about 2 minutes)

We are also doing a park and cruise hotel, Town Country and suites. night before cruise and 9 nights parking was $240.00. $10 Uber to the pier and done and done!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We plan on parking at port. DH uses a walker, so I drop off luggage and him, then go park the car. In April we had a great porter and wheelchair assistance from the ship who both took us directly to our car on level 4.  I honestly don’t remember which terminal, but it was the one Harmony was at on a Sunday. 

This time, however, we’ll be on a B2B on Wonder, also in April.   Will I need to move the car at the beginning of week two, or can I pay for two weeks at once?

Thank you!

On 9/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, navyvet8395 said:

I plan on parking at the terminal in PC for Oct 1st cruise. Is it cash only or can a CC be used? 

I only use our credit card……

Also if you are cruising out of Terminal 1 I highly recommend you get the to port very early to grab one of the few spaces in the parking deck.  Currently there are at least two ships going out of there and parking spaces have become a premium.  Otherwise you can except to have to park, in the overflow outside, across the street in a gravel lot or on the other side of the terminal next to a warehouse with a long walk to the terminal!!

Since that makes us very early for our check in time we either sit in the car for awhile or walk over to Grills and have a drink and a bite to eat…

22 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I only use our credit card……

Also if you are cruising out of Terminal 1 I highly recommend you get the to port very early to grab one of the few spaces in the parking deck.  Currently there are at least two ships going out of there and parking spaces have become a premium.  Otherwise you can except to have to park, in the overflow outside, across the street in a gravel lot or on the other side of the terminal next to a warehouse with a long walk to the terminal!!

Since that makes us very early for our check in time we either sit in the car for awhile or walk over to Grills and have a drink and a bite to eat…

Whatever terminal marti Gras is using is where Im parking. I plan to be there early, but you still have to wait for others to get off the ship and out of the parking area before new guests can arrive. 

22 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

On 8/24/2022 at 3:51 PM, mailmama said:

That's pretty much our drill at any port. Get a hotel that allows cruise parking and use Uber. We even do it in Charleston which is 90 minutes away from home. In August I got a room for $102 including taxes and Uber was $11 each way for a total of $124. Port parking was $105 so we effectively paid $19 for a hotel room and breakfast for us both. Not too shabby.

1 hour ago, navyvet8395 said:

Whatever terminal marti Gras is using is where Im parking. I plan to be there early, but you still have to wait for others to get off the ship and out of the parking area before new guests can arrive. 

Mardi Gras I believe is terminal 3……they don’t have the problems Royal does at Terminal 1 so you should be fine…

On 8/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, Diver2014 said:

We parked at the terminal 5 port in June.  They charge your credit card when you leave.  But.....we were almost the first car on the road towards I 95 within 10 minutes of walking off the ship.  Location, location, location.

I've asked this on another thread but no one answered about T5.  Do you pay at the exit as you actually drive out or do they have machines in the garage to pay at before you get in your car and leave?  I've also heard they're transitioning to pay as you enter, but can't find anything else on it except one person posted  it recently.  We've gone out of PC quite a few times, but mostly out of T1 and previously out of terminals you pre-pay at.

Edited by BND

We parked at T5 in June.  Pay as you leave.  We did self walk off and were in our car and down the ramp and out within a half hour (we parked on the second floor).  There were no cars ahead of us.

You pull up to the booth at the bottom of the ramp (there is a person there if you need help).  You put your credit card in the machine, get a receipt and off you go!  We were on I - 95 at 8 am. 

On 9/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Diver2014 said:

We parked at T5 in June.  Pay as you leave.  We did self walk off and were in our car and down the ramp and out within a half hour (we parked on the second floor).  There were no cars ahead of us.

You pull up to the booth at the bottom of the ramp (there is a person there if you need help).  You put your credit card in the machine, get a receipt and off you go!  We were on I - 95 at 8 am. 

That's what I was asking. Thanks!  I don't get why it's different at T5 than at other Terminals in PC.  As I said, someone posted that they're going to transition to pay as you enter soon.  

3 hours ago, BND said:

That's what I was asking. Thanks!  I don't get why it's different at T5 than at other Terminals in PC.  As I said, someone posted that they're going to transition to pay as you enter soon.  

For one thing, the Mariner of the Seas was the only ship docked at Terminal 5 so there was no competition for parking spaces (and it's a big garage).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

For one thing, the Mariner of the Seas was the only ship docked at Terminal 5 so there was no competition for parking spaces (and it's a big garage).

We're on Jewel on Nov 6 who will be homeported there starting that day.  There will be two ships starting then.  And, we're b2b so we are doing 13 nights parked there.  I prefer T1 but last Nov, we had to park in the side lot because there were three ships using that one.  And, at only about 50% capacity so they had to do something which is one reason Mariner was moved to T5.

Edited by BND