The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 29th, 2022

richwmn

Each evening at 8 pm Hong Kong put on a laser light show so our spot in Victoria Harbor moving slowly along during the show, was perfect.  My point and shoot camera didn't get the best photos but I remember I took a video which was pretty awesome.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsv9c4rhp8Qh3nLwgKJORQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1274835914

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtg6g6sQT43YgBHSxnIpkP5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004882

The next morning was just as cloudy and gloomy but we took a long tender ride over to downtown to walk around and do some shopping.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIgq0ntilFVYFjqeBtTTfjUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004902

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIahM4XhErd2jRv_iVyhGTXVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004930

We went to a jewelry store recommended to us and purchased a beautiful jade bracelet.  Then we just took in the sights.  This construction project caught my eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-yQnqXbeToX9msFYIfjUt4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659094487

Whatever that is didn't look too sturdy.  Bamboo?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRielBo1aarR3U0rdf5sHQqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004941

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5VUZQTLNi_SWKlTiyWCmgqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659094602

That was the end of our stay in Hong Kong.  I'm glad I got to go there because I don't think we would be able to go back there anymore.  Sadly that's the case in many of our former ports of call.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

@puppycanducruise Your weather and temperatures sound absolutely lovely today, could you please send your weather to Atlanta?  You just described the perfect day!

@0106 Thank you again for a recipe that looks like something I would like, not sure if I would want to eat hot today though.  I like salmon so that would work.   I was told to keep cool to eat food that was spicy hot, not temperature hot.  Apparently sweating cools you...LOL.  

@StLouisCruisers  Thank you for the great pictures!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Each evening at 8 pm Hong Kong put on a laser light show so our spot in Victoria Harbor moving slowly along during the show, was perfect.  My point and shoot camera didn't get the best photos but I remember I took a video which was pretty awesome.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsv9c4rhp8Qh3nLwgKJORQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1274835914

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtg6g6sQT43YgBHSxnIpkP5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004882

The next morning was just as cloudy and gloomy but we took a long tender ride over to downtown to walk around and do some shopping.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIgq0ntilFVYFjqeBtTTfjUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004902

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIahM4XhErd2jRv_iVyhGTXVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004930

We went to a jewelry store recommended to us and purchased a beautiful jade bracelet.  Then we just took in the sights.  This construction project caught my eye.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-yQnqXbeToX9msFYIfjUt4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659094487

Whatever that is didn't look too sturdy.  Bamboo?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRielBo1aarR3U0rdf5sHQqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616004941

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5VUZQTLNi_SWKlTiyWCmgqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659094602

That was the end of our stay in Hong Kong.  I'm glad I got to go there because I don't think we would be able to go back there anymore.  Sadly that's the case in many of our former ports of call.

Lovely photos of Hong Kong Sandi.

Nice one of you too.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a pleasant morning in SE Wisconsin.  This weekend is our local German Fest---we'll be having dinner there, along with some beer, I'm sure.  DH seems to be over his bout of covid, so far, I've tested negative.  I had it in March of 2020, when it first was starting here.  DH never got it from me then.  @kazugood luck with Shadow.  Hoping everyone has a good weekend, and prayers for all who need them and Yay for all of the celebrations.  

• Like 30

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who contribute. My knee is healing and since as I lay crying on the pavement, I said I never want to ride a bike again, my children have decided that I needed to ride a tricycle instead. My son found one about two hours away and we went to look at it. We ended up bring it home. It had a platform and ramp that attaches to the back of my jeep. Learning to turn on a three wheeler is not easy and with a bum knee my kids say to take it slow and not plan to ride with a group for a week or two. It's got more programs for peddle assist and torque drive then I am sure I will ever learn. But I will learn. It will be fun to ride around old town or where ever.  Hope all stay well, and have a great weekend. Lasagna makes me want to take the family out to where they make the best vegan dish. Guess that means I won't need to cook. 

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

• Like 38

Good Friday morning!  

I’m enjoying the pictures of Hong Kong.  We were there for a few days at the end of a Statendam cruise in 2008.  We stayed on the Kowloon side.  At the Peninsula.  Well, not exactly AT the Peninsula, but next door at the YMCA.  That’s right.  It was amazing.  At the Y we could afford one of the spacious top floor suites overlooking the harbor.  It was unbelievable.

I just might have lasagne tonight when we meet friends for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. 

@lcand1923, what a wonderful story about lasagne!

@kazu, Shadow looks happy - to have a great person, beautiful yard, and remembering how to be a dog.

Thanks everyone

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Tigers are so majestic, I love seeing them.  I'm a huge fan of chicken wings, but prefer simple flavours like salt & pepper or Greek to the super hot ones.   We haven't had lasagna in a long time; for me it seems like a fall/winter meal rather than one to have in the heat of summer.

It's another beautiful morning out there today, clear skies, just a tickle of a breeze in the trees, and bright sunshine.  We've got all the windows open for now, but will be closing them in about an hour because our temp is supposed to reach 35C (95F), and I know we'll be running the a/c for a good portion of the day.  

We saw the doctor yesterday about DH's leg and all is well - woo hoo!  There wasn't any indication of a DVT, but it seems the swelling could have been the result of heat and a certain blood pressure medication.  For the last week or so, DH has been having nightly leg cramps and I finally thought - maybe his electrolytes were out of whack, so he's been drinking Gatorade and voila!  No more cramps.  I mentioned it to the doctor who said that's what he would have prescribed instead of a medication.   

@StLouisCruisersre: the hot air balloon - we've seen them in our area a number of times, but unfortunately I didn't get a photo yesterday.

@Dr.Dobrowe were on the Maasdam Feb 15 - March 6, 2019 enjoying the light show at Hong Kong as well - perhaps we sailed together?  I recall being on the back deck watching the lights when we discovered the ship was being followed by a drone.  At one point an officer came out to view it as well and told us "it's not one of ours" and went back inside.  

Not a lot going on for us today, but I've got a couple more shopping bags to put together and found some brightly coloured material that I'm going to turn into padded luggage handles for our suitcases that will hopefully be used in October/November.  Although I think salmon and dill are a natural pairing, we won't be having fish soup/stew any time soon.  It's Friday night so - yes, it's pizza night at our house.  We'll have to check the online menus to see what appeals to us and I'm pretty sure it will be too hot to enjoy it on the deck, so it will be pizza in the pergola tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and for everyone providing aid.  We'll clink the glasses to cheer on those who make up the celebration list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed, be well, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34

Good morning everyone. I love today’s quote. The heat spell hasn’t broken here and it looks like the next two days will be close to 90 degrees. Trying to stay cool might mean the pool is warm enough for me to venture in.

Love all the pictures of China. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 27

Good morning  everyone  Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report  and all of fine contributors.  Tigers are majestic  and deserving of a day.Lasagna is always a big hit here  in any form but will have to wait for cooler weather. We have not been to the port but I am very much enjoying  the pictures.

I have had the Swedish variation  of this soup and my executive  chef wants to try the second recipe.I may have to make  something  else for some of the group.

So far, only our teen ager is positive  for covid.I am crossing fingers and toes hoping that it stays that way. 

Terry 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone from the ms. Rotterdam sailing away from Oslo.  It is so sad as this is our last sail away of the cruise.  We have really enjoyed our aft wrap balcony for sail aways.

We did an excursion to Vigeland Sculpture Park and Drobek today.  Thankfully it was covered by the HIA excursion allowance.  The sculpture park was great but we only got 35 minutes there - just enough time to walk through at a good clip, but not stop to enjoy the sculptures.  Nothing prepared us for all the stairs we had to climb.  Definitely not for anyone with a walker or perhaps not even a cane.  The following are for the Garden Club.  I don’t think the statues would make it past the censors.065A335E-4816-4DC0-9511-DE5F7290163F.thumb.jpeg.35bdfd9163eb4bbbb72e9e2c31d15ca4.jpeg

16EB1634-329B-4881-A79B-55BAABC5D339.thumb.jpeg.b0f01979cd7dd0cdee76222d129cb8b1.jpeg

99D48BEA-1190-4ACA-92E4-7FD3DB6A43F4.thumb.jpeg.20089b71c362f4bfe19ebf04a41e88cc.jpeg

Then we went on to Drobek.  The town is not as picturesque as billed and the Christmas Shop is underwhelming at best.  We drove past the square and parked to let us off.  The guide said she show us where the bus would pick us up and where the Christmas Shop was.  She took off at a pretty fast clip before quite a few of us were off the bus.  By the time we were off and Donna had her walker, she was no where to be seen.  Sue ran ahead and told us she had gone down a side street, so we headed down a pretty steep hill.  We then had to turn again and climb back up to the original street and ended up in the town square where we found the bus in the spot where it could wait for us.  The saving grace was that we found the Gastropub and had an excellent lunch.  

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good morning all!

Another sunny, toasty day in the PNW.  We got a lot done yesterday, DH got all the windows and screens cleaned outside (I guess now I should do the insides) 😉  The Windex Outside does a great job reaching the 2nd story windows.  Not so much the Spray and Forget (has anyone tried that)?  We got it so he could reach some upper story mildew on the north side of the house.  It does not reach the 2nd story!  Today will be a few more outside chores and groceries.  

I love tigers, like lasagna, but will pass on the chicken wings.  I think lasagna for tonight's dinner sounds delicious, especially if we pick it up from our favorite Italian restaurant.  @lcand1923I love your story about the Italian woman and lasagna!  Could you possibly share that recipe here for us?

Like the quote and drink, but will pass on the red wine and the fish soup.  Have never been to Hong Kong, DH was there in the Navy.  I think of it as crowded and very smoggy...

Jacqui @kazuI'm loving the photos of Shadow.  She just looks so happy, like she can't believe her good luck to have you.

• Like 28

Good morning from sunny, windy and hot central Texas.  I wish our high temperatures would break, and they will -- in September or October.  😱 🌡️

To me, tigers are the most majestic of the big cats, and I'm sorry many are endangered.  We can celebrate chicken wings and lasagna.  I prefer less spicy wings while the rest of the meat eating members of the family prefer spicy.  It's been several years since I've made lasagna, but I might make some when it is cooler, and I can freeze the leftovers.  I have a good meat recipe and a good vegetarian recipe.  @lcand1923  I would also like your recipe if you are willing to share it.

Todays quote is interesting, and I like it.

I would like to taste today's meal, but probably won't make it.  We'll pass on the drink, but would love to try the wine.  Pinot Noir is my go to red.

We have been to Hong Kong three times, and all since the handover from Great Britain.  Since the riots and crackdown the past few years, I'm not sure we'll be going back.  I'll look for my pictures in a few minutes.

@kazu  Jacqui, Shadow looked happy in the last video even if she wasn't sure what that long thing was that was following her.   Love your flowers.

@cat shepard  Ann, thanks for the meme.  That could be the reason I've never liked raisins either.😉

@marshhawk  Ann, I'm glad Chuck got a good report from the doctor, and hope weaning him off the meds goes smoothly.

@lindaler  Linda, that is one serious tricycle, and not at all like the ones we see in Quartzsite.  I know you'll get the hang of it and have fun riding around town.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm happy that your DH did not have a serious problem.

@smitty34877  Terry, that's good news the rest of the family is testing negative.  I hope that Tana's son is improving and well soon.

@dfish  Debbie, we toured Vigeland Park, and were lucky to go from top to bottom.  Our guide stopped at about every sculpture and droned on and on about them.  There should be a happy medium between our two tours.  Loved the flower pictures.

@0106  Thank you for all your efforts in getting us the recipes while Debbie @dfish is on her cruise.  

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. I was up early to take Monty in for his dental cleaning and he was really mad. No breakfast and it was raining when I took him out for his early morning business. He says that Chihuahua's do not do rain!!! I am going to get one of those "patio grass" areas to put on the lower outside patio. I think I will need it in the winter as I foresee some real battles about walking in our future. He is still also very fearful of the outside in general, even when it is sunny and nice. And any sudden noise makes him "pancake" to the ground and then run for home. I really would love to know his background. On the other hand he is mild mannered. Today when the vet tech went to weigh him she was hesitant to pick him up commenting that Chihuahuas tend to snap. So far there has been none of that no matter what we have done to him - like drawing blood. He is having a hard time - I know @kazuwill have an even more challenging time with Shadow. But rescues are so rewarding and so grateful once they realize what their new lives will be.

Have visited Hong Kong several times but all visits were before it was handed back to China. Always enjoyed it. I love lasagna but should not eat it. That seems to be the story of my life these days.     Fish soup... ok as long as someone else makes it. For winter I might actually give it a try at home if I feel adventurous. Cooking for one tends to make me keep things simple.

Susan

• Like 31

Good morning, all!  Chicken wings and lasagne are both big hits here. The salmon chowder sounds good, as well.Today’s wine is actually one of my favorites. It’s available in one of the HAL wine packages, and at a decent price if you get the Mariner discount. We’ve been to Hong Kong twice, as a pre and post cruise stop, back in 2016. My cousin from New York was visiting in May, and we got talking about Hong Kong. I was telling her about our hotel in Kowloon. Our room was in this one gap overlooking the Kowloon cricket club and had a view of the light show in downtown Hong Kong. She asked some very specific things about the hotel, the room, and the view. It turns out she had stayed in the same hotel within a month of us, probably about two floors higher, in that same one room wide sliver over the cricket pitch with the view of downtown. It’s a small world! I’m glad we went, as were unlikely to go back now.

Its been very hot here, so we’ve packed all our activity into the early morning. As a result I’ve been lurking, reading the Daily too late in the day to post. @kazu the pictures of Shadow are delightful! If anyone can coax her into love and trust and building a new life when her past life has been shattered, it’s you. @marshhawk and @lindaler and all who have had nasty falls lately, I hope you are all recovering. This is worse than the appliance gremlin that stalked us a year ago! @smitty34877 I’m so sorry Tana’s son has Covid and hope,he recovers quickly.

Happy Friday, everyone! We are trying to get to Salt Spring, but the ferries are heavily booked this weekend. Maybe we could take a BHB?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

I did not grow up with lasagna.  I kept hearing what a great dish it was, so I decided to try to make it.  I did my normal research, studying recipes in cook books and writing down everything..  I even went to the library (this was pre-computers) and copied several recipes.  I worked up the courage to give it a try.  

I went to a little Italian grocery store to buy the proper ingredients.  A lovely woman was behind the counter and asked what I needed.  I read from my list.  She said, “What are your trying to make, Dear.”. I told her.  She said, “Your trying to make it from the head.  Lasagna only works when you make it from the heart.  Here is what you need.”. She sold me different ingredients, loaned me a pencil and paper to write down the recipe and wished me luck.

HER recipe became a family favorite!

Nice story.

• Like 16

Good morning all. I have my windows open to catch the lovely breeze. It is 79f but very low humidity and the breeze makes it even nicer.

had a great birthday on Wednesday and my sister and I took our father for a fish dinner yesterday at a local restaurant near Wheatley harbour. Quite the Lake Erie fishing fleet located there so you know the fish is fresh. We all had pickerel (walleye) in various firms, filet, sandwich, etc. father had shrimp! It was a lovely, sunny day, just a little windy.  Unfortunately it tired father out so he has declined having some of the grandchildren and great grandchildren visit him today. At 92 we try to space out our visits with him.

i have now used my air fryer twice and find myself asking”could I use the air fryer for this?” I also learned the German name for the appliance. It is called a heissluftfriteuse. Always  amazed at how German language deals with some words but as my niece (a teacher there) tells me it makes for great games of hangman!

wishing everyone a good weekend. Ontario has a holiday on Monday so most will have a long weekend!

• Like 26

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Our ship Diamond Princess arrived in Hong Kong harbor the morning of April 20, 2010, so over 12 years ago!  It was very dreary looking out but that doesn't stop a cruiser taking a tour of Hong Kong for the first time.  We would be in Hong Kong on an overnight stay with us docked the first day and moved to an outer harbor anchorage that night.  We got on a bus and were taken to a ferry terminal that would take us across the harbor to the downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIzzXptZmAecZ1loCwctGa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616002663

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0EdzCzNFKFy3yIwLqwIwo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616002676

Heading across the waters to explore the big city00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVytoKEx2_8GiIlrwJbes0Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616002738

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKXyIlccp3OOPzj2nbcaF5IaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616002738

Upon reaching shore we were driven to the tram which would take us up to the top of Victoria Peak.  Here is a picture of the Bank of China tower.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIBoapfEiz7bRNeRLhMkBNnldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1659094962

The tram rides nearly vertical up the hillside to the Peak.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0x5TqvF_eKPA96qlSOFmU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003047

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ6CFBhv_PbHpqGY4mg6Qh-V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003065

The direction we came from after getting off the tram.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3WB5aSFDz-qlRJTVXKg1FUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003172

We thought it was cloudy and dark at the bottom but up at the top it was very foggy!  This would have been so nice on a clear sunny day.  I hope someone else has some photos like that to share.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_eS0bVTG70C9JcWMpuq2M4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003273

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuW3p_MqVK8XN6qbPXhajdrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003223

Kindergarten class on a field trip.  Note how well behaved they are.  No one jumping up and running around.  Kudos to the teacher.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKagpYOMY2cKzEPmsxQhs545cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003348

Next we were put on a bus and driven down the hill and around the island.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAwXsmhGVrTG6LpAh_SOW7VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003383

I think this was a horse race track.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNccKbTT1UqwW-tUC33YcSKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003419

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJiXpUZlvHGf18pkZwA3stH4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003455

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgOoFKvQ0awIrp2MoeLJm6aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616003521

At this point we went to this floating restaurant for lunch.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJZXrjzcvTyhLW_MihB7871?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1274835914

I must have been a real rookie in 2010 because I didn't even take photos of the lunch!  I'll continue in another post with the evening light show and second day photos.

I ate at that restaurant on the water in 1968.

Yesterday I spelled your name with a y instead of a i, my apologies.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Tigers are so majestic, I love seeing them.  I'm a huge fan of chicken wings, but prefer simple flavours like salt & pepper or Greek to the super hot ones.   We haven't had lasagna in a long time; for me it seems like a fall/winter meal rather than one to have in the heat of summer.

It's another beautiful morning out there today, clear skies, just a tickle of a breeze in the trees, and bright sunshine.  We've got all the windows open for now, but will be closing them in about an hour because our temp is supposed to reach 35C (95F), and I know we'll be running the a/c for a good portion of the day.  

We saw the doctor yesterday about DH's leg and all is well - woo hoo!  There wasn't any indication of a DVT, but it seems the swelling could have been the result of heat and a certain blood pressure medication.  For the last week or so, DH has been having nightly leg cramps and I finally thought - maybe his electrolytes were out of whack, so he's been drinking Gatorade and voila!  No more cramps.  I mentioned it to the doctor who said that's what he would have prescribed instead of a medication.   

@StLouisCruisersre: the hot air balloon - we've seen them in our area a number of times, but unfortunately I didn't get a photo yesterday.

@Dr.Dobrowe were on the Maasdam Feb 15 - March 6, 2019 enjoying the light show at Hong Kong as well - perhaps we sailed together?  I recall being on the back deck watching the lights when we discovered the ship was being followed by a drone.  At one point an officer came out to view it as well and told us "it's not one of ours" and went back inside.  

Not a lot going on for us today, but I've got a couple more shopping bags to put together and found some brightly coloured material that I'm going to turn into padded luggage handles for our suitcases that will hopefully be used in October/November.  Although I think salmon and dill are a natural pairing, we won't be having fish soup/stew any time soon.  It's Friday night so - yes, it's pizza night at our house.  We'll have to check the online menus to see what appeals to us and I'm pretty sure it will be too hot to enjoy it on the deck, so it will be pizza in the pergola tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and for everyone providing aid.  We'll clink the glasses to cheer on those who make up the celebration list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed, be well, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Great  news  on  DH leg.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1