TA unable to book certain CC cruises?

MarinerAlex

Has anyone encountered trying to book through a TA, where their systems are not able to see certain Celebrity Cruises for booking? I'm running into an issue where I can book through CC directly, but trying to book through my TA and the cruise is not available.

Any recommendations or workarounds? Should I book through CC and then transfer it over to the TA (would that even work)? What are some cons of doing a transfer? 

I've never had that issue or heard of that issue.  Could the cruise be chartered so a TA can't book it?  

You can book with CC and then transfer it to your TA but I have no idea when you could book direct but your TA can't see it.

I'm getting on Equinox tomorrow and would be happy to ask someone in the future cruise office if you'd like.

Good luck!

Several reasons why, but it should be cleared up on the TA side in pretty short time. Unless it's something odd like the itinerary or ship changing, just book it via Celebrity and transfer it to the TA. Just make sure you do the transfer within 30 days. 

I've never experienced this with my TA.    Normally I like to do the booking myself so will just find the cruise I want and the room I want and then either put it on hold and have him pick up and complete the booking (requires a call into Celebrity to allow him access) or just book it and then transfer to him and he applies the normal TA OBC's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarinerAlex said:

Has anyone encountered trying to book through a TA, where their systems are not able to see certain Celebrity Cruises for booking? I'm running into an issue where I can book through CC directly, but trying to book through my TA and the cruise is not available.

Any recommendations or workarounds? Should I book through CC and then transfer it over to the TA (would that even work)? What are some cons of doing a transfer? 

I use a European site to check cabin availability and the message reads all cabin bookings are unavailable for the Nov. '23 cruise I've booked with X.  Perhaps too early for their pricing?  Never seen this before.

Edited by Oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I use a European site to check cabin availability and the message reads cabin bookings are unavailable for the entire Nov. 23 cruise.  Perhaps too early for their pricing? 

Check again later. If it's the same site I use, it often hiccups.

Thanks all... Its through the XXXXXX and for a Solstice sailing in April. Just for fun, I also checked out the XXXXXXX site now, and that sailing is not available there either. I'll give my TA a call and see if she can figure this out.

Edited by MarinerAlex
cannot mention TA names

24 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I use a European site to check cabin availability and the message reads all cabin bookings are unavailable for the Nov. '23 cruise I've booked with X.  Perhaps too early for their pricing?  Never seen this before.

I've seen it before even on cruises sailing shortly.   It occurred on our August cruises on Summit.   One day they showed all three curies sold out.     They came back a couple days later at higher rates just in time for the 50% off second passenger sale.  The prices netted out to the original amount.  

Also have seen it happens just before they cancel a cruise due to a charter.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks Jim....it may be they revised their pricing as another poster said;  as all is open to view now.  I just didn't check the pricing before it disappeared.

That's a good sign they are adjusting prices or bringing TA inventory back into the system.