Live Royal Suite Summit - 7/31 to 8/7

DisneyJen

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks --   I'll try to steer clear of Lyle for requests.    We had a trainee on one of our last cruise and he would forget to do things like make a dinner reservation.  He was a nice guy but definitely wasn't a concierge.

I think you’d like him a lot:  Fun and funny with a wicked sense of humor. At the very least, say hi from Carole and Aubrey please!

4 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

We asked for the Blu menu last night. Our wonderful waiter Andy said he didn't have a copy but if there was something on it that we wanted he would try to get it for us.

Doesn’t the Summit have the Celebrity AP for menus?

Enjoy your cruise.

We were in Blu, and a couple of nights found nothing on the menu for Main Course that suited our fancy.  After the appetizer and salad, we ordered the 4 oz filet on the kids menu.  The filet was really, really good, and it was enough for us as we headed to al Bacio for dessert and Irish Coffee.  

The filet was not on the menu, but in the app.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sometimes I've found that if you disconnect from Wifi by turning WiFi off and then back on you connect to a different router and get better speeds.   May or may not work but worth a try.

I've noticed when in NJ port- had to shut off my wifi on my phone to use internet as the ship wifi was useless....but once we set sail it was perfect.

b

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for the warning about Lyle.  Will avoid him if he's still on board in October.  It sounds like they need to throw him back.  If someone told me to "keep up," my reply wouldn't be printable here.  It wouldn't hurt to have a friendly chat with the suite manager or the hotel director about that.

I had a very friendly chat about the situation with Penelope who, along with Mar, are taking excellent care of us.

20 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

I think you’d like him a lot:  Fun and funny with a wicked sense of humor. At the very least, say hi from Carole and Aubrey please!

We haven’t seen him since the first day … if we do we will pass along your regards.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We were in Blu, and a couple of nights found nothing on the menu for Main Course that suited our fancy.  After the appetizer and salad, we ordered the 4 oz filet on the kids menu.  The filet was really, really good, and it was enough for us as we headed to al Bacio for dessert and Irish Coffee.  

The filet was not on the menu, but in the app.

I believe since the filet it’s on the kids menu in the MDR it is available in all of the dining rooms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BratDet said:

I've noticed when in NJ port- had to shut off my wifi on my phone to use internet as the ship wifi was useless....but once we set sail it was perfect.

b

The Wi-Fi has been spotty here and there but for the most part very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BratDet said:

b

I've noticed that at many ports.  Never figured out the why.    I usually just shift to my Phone until we set sail.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DisneyJen said:

Enjoying a Tanqueray and Diet Tonic . . .

A quick question: Is Diet Tonic readily available at The Retreat Bar?  I just realized how much lower in calories it is than Regular Tonic Water, but who's counting! 😉  Thanks in advance.

55 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

A quick question: Is Diet Tonic readily available at The Retreat Bar?  I just realized how much lower in calories it is than Regular Tonic Water, but who's counting! 😉  Thanks in advance.

I would bring your own.  My wife brings her own Diet Cranberry on all our cruises.  She gives one of the small ones to one of the bartenders at the martini bar to make her cosmos.  They don't carry it on board or in just about any bar/restaurant.  You can't believe the amount of sugar in the regular cranberry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeMary4449 said:

It’s been available in Luminae and The Retreat and The Retreat Sundeck. We also have it in our RS.

22 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I would bring your own.  My wife brings her own Diet Cranberry on all our cruises.  She gives one of the small ones to one of the bartenders at the martini bar to make her cosmos.  They don't carry it on board or in just about any bar/restaurant.  You can't believe the amount of sugar in the regular cranberry. 

Great idea @Wineaux007

• Like 1

I see you like Tanqueray gin have you tried Tanqueray 10 it’s so much smoother and perfect with Fever Tree tonic. We have the Classic package on our next cruise but I am happy to pay the upgrade for my one G a T every evening😉

Thank you for taking the time to blog your cruise. 

30 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

I see you like Tanqueray gin have you tried Tanqueray 10 it’s so much smoother and perfect with Fever Tree tonic. We have the Classic package on our next cruise but I am happy to pay the upgrade for my one G a T every evening😉

Thank you for taking the time to blog your cruise. 

Thanks for the Tanqueray 10 tip!

Last night I tried Hendricks and Diet Tonic and it was delicious!

When we are at home I drink the Diet Fever Tree. On board they just have diet Canada Dry Tonic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DisneyJen said:

When we are at home I drink the Diet Fever Tree. On board they just have diet Canada Dry Tonic.

If you ask shoreside to stock fevertree light in your fridge, they can supply, they are used to many brits wanting FT tonic so do stock it for suite requests 

5 minutes ago, Keddy72 said:

If you ask shoreside to stock fevertree light in your fridge, they can supply, they are used to many brits wanting FT tonic so do stock it for suite requests 

When I was on Silhouette in a RS they  had Fever Tree in our refrigerator.   An I think it was HappyCruiser that noticed it in a picture.   I hadn't even noticed.   I know there were two different types not sure if one was diet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

I use to enjoy Tanqueray 10.  Then I had Hendricks when I was on holiday in Wales.  Have never gone back to Tanqueray 10.

The Gin discussion. That has the potential to really take this thread off topic. Last count (I avoid counting too often, makes my liver quiver) we had 8 different craft gins in our drinks cabinet. I'm sure Celebrity will have none of them so Tanquary and Hendricks it will be 🤣

2 minutes ago, Redking said:

The Gin discussion. That has the potential to really take this thread off topic. Last count (I avoid counting too often, makes my liver quiver) we had 8 different craft gins in our drinks cabinet. I'm sure Celebrity will have none of them so Tanquary and Hendricks it will be 🤣

*Tanqueray 

42 minutes ago, Redking said:

Maybe a shot of both and you wont care.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

I always do Bombay sapphire, had one at our favorite upscale place last week and he added so much gin there was no room for the tonic so he gave me a bottle of tonic.

What was your bottle choice for your two free liters ?

Happy Friday all from beautiful Bermuda 🇧🇲 

it has been an interesting port visit for us. Yesterday we lost power around 10:30 a. m.  For about 20 minutes. We also saw the most beautiful lightening storm over the island.

I promise a full day be day recap once we are home and we have reliable Wi-Fi for photo uploads.

We have switched to Hendricks and it is quite excellent!

• Like 4