C&A Top tier party - worth attending ?

5 hours ago, kw1816 said:

Thanks for the post - was that out of PC or the Med ?

The Wonder is currently in the Med...has not started her runs out of PC yet.  Those will start mid November.   I will happily be on the ship for the TA from Barcelona as she arrives to her new home port of PC.  Just a shuttle ride home from there for me.  😉 

On 7/30/2022 at 5:45 AM, kw1816 said:

We’re on WOTS in a couple of weeks, having a quick look through the App I see there’s a C&A Top tier party - are they worth attending ? There wasn’t one on our last cruise and we’ve since made it to Emerald.

Last Top Tier event we attended was on Radiance Alaska Inside Passage in 2011.  Had some bad champagne, questionable sushi and 2 days of food poisoning from said questionable sushi.  What do you think my opinion of "worth it" would be? 😉 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

The Wonder is currently in the Med...has not started her runs out of PC yet.  Those will start mid November.   I will happily be on the ship for the TA from Barcelona as she arrives to her new home port of PC.  Just a shuttle ride home from there for me.  😉 

I know - I join her in 2 weeks time in Barcelona (COVID tests and British Airways permitting) 🙂

But she WAS out of PC earlier in the year (or was it Lauderdale?). Wondering if the US sailings had the Top tier event in the Aqua theatre and then moved to an indoor  location for the Med sailings.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:45 AM, kw1816 said:

We’re on WOTS in a couple of weeks, having a quick look through the App I see there’s a C&A Top tier party - are they worth attending ? There wasn’t one on our last cruise and we’ve since made it to Emerald.

Yes it is worth it because Capt Rob H is on board and he is very nice.

One the 6th cruise in April he lingered and came out to chat with folks in boardwalk area.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

I know - I join her in 2 weeks time in Barcelona (COVID tests and British Airways permitting) 🙂

But she WAS out of PC earlier in the year (or was it Lauderdale?). Wondering if the US sailings had the Top tier event in the Aqua theatre and then moved to an indoor  location for the Med sailings.

Ft Lauderdale in April

• Like 1

Pre-covid, it was absolutely worth it. On Liberty, they usually had the Latin Dancers come out and do a show. To say that they were amazing was an understatement (over a 4-year period, they had 3 different couples I am aware of. All were incredible.). Unfortunately, they did not have the Latin Dancers on our last 2 trips but did have some of the singers come in and do a few songs.

I would ask if their were going to be any performers at the C&A event. If so, then definitely go (the performance is likely better than what you will see in the stage show). If not, then no big loss in not going.   

55 minutes ago, kw1816 said:

Lauderdale.   Wonder never WAS out of PC.  

Edited by island lady

We cruise only once a year. We like to go to them to "catch up" with what's going on with RCI. I would imagine the information is the same over and over again so if you cruise multiple times a year, I can see where it could get monotonous. For us, it's new stuff each time. We go for the info, not the drinks.

18 hours ago, 3yorkies said:

The captain on Liberty was hilarious last month.  It was held in the Ice Theater, and he walked out next to the cruise director from behind the curtain.   He looked sort of scared and said, "This is on the ice?"   She replied, "yes".   Then he hopped out from behind the podium, took a couple of wobbly steps onto the ice and looked like he was going to fall down.   Then he started skating backwards.    Seems he is Canadian and according to his bio he gave us, he was born on skates.   He was very funny and also gave a lot of interesting info about the shop.   They also introduced each of the ice skaters and had each one do a short performance which differed from the actual show I saw the next day.   Two glasses of cheap champagne were okay, but I would have gone even without the drinks.   So I think it really depends on the crew.

That is magnificent! 

I go like...1/3rd of the time.  If it's convenient I'll drop in.  If not, I've never felt like I was missing out on anything.  Captain introduces some senior staff, tells you the stock is great, the next ships under construction, book a cruise, thanks for coming.