Copenhagen taxi's

Does anyone know, in Copenhagen, if airport taxi's take credit cards. I do not want to get $60 in Dutch Kroner's just to get to my hotel before our cruise. In Amsterdam I had issues finding such taxi's but had sufficient Euros.

Thanks in advance

23 minutes ago, lynnemac said:

Does anyone know, in Copenhagen, if airport taxi's take credit cards. I do not want to get $60 in Dutch Kroner's just to get to my hotel before our cruise. In Amsterdam I had issues finding such taxi's but had sufficient Euros.

Thanks in advance

I think so but it's been a few years. I also recall 2 places for taxis. I line was less expensive but don't recall why.

7 hours ago, lynnemac said:

Thanks in advance

We were just in Copenhagen and both the taxi to the hotel and the one to the airport the next day took credit cards.

<<<Karen>>>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All taxis take credit cards - no need for ‘Dutch kroner’ (... and you're in Denmark🙂 ).  I myself use one of the following three taxi companies - (see logos below): 4x35 (Taxi 4x35), - 4x48 (Dantaxi), - 4x27 (4x27 taxi).  Uber is not legal in Denmark

0C74A2C9-9807-42B9-9CC4-2CA04544D32E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 3:53 AM, hallasm said:

All taxis take credit cards - no need for ‘Dutch kroner’ (... and you're in Denmark🙂 ).  I myself use one of the following three taxi companies - (see logos below): 4x35 (Taxi 4x35), - 4x48 (Dantaxi), - 4x27 (4x27 taxi).  Uber is not legal in Denmark

0C74A2C9-9807-42B9-9CC4-2CA04544D32E.jpeg

You mentioned these 3 taxi services, ---- is one perforable over the other? Are they private taxi services or just what you would see on the street. We asked at our hotel if they would reserve us a taxi and they responded that they could at a cost of about $75 (I forgot what the Kroner amount was). As I mentioned we are staying in the Nyhavn section, so is that about a right price, or would I do better just finding one at the airport?

Cheers

Len

20 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

You mentioned these 3 taxi services, ---- is one perforable over the other? Are they private taxi services or just what you would see on the street. We asked at our hotel if they would reserve us a taxi and they responded that they could at a cost of about $75 (I forgot what the Kroner amount was). As I mentioned we are staying in the Nyhavn section, so is that about a right price, or would I do better just finding one at the airport?

They are all ‘official’ taxi Companies - they are available at the airport - Price DKK 280 /$40.

I’m always using Dantaxi but these three companies are reliable - you can download a app if you want to get a taxi in the city - use credit card with chip and pin.

• Like 1

US based cards may have issues loading in these apps due to chip and signature CVM used by them 

But almost all cabs will accept US credit cards in person (as chip and signature CVM of US cards will obviously work in F2F situation)

Unlike Stockholm, Coppenhaggen cabs are not allowed to rip you off officially. 

Taxi fares are somewhat regulated with total charge made up of

1. Meter drop, starting base fare

2. Per km charge (nyhavn to cruiseport will be negligible)

3. Per minute charge (most rides within center do not last more than few minutes)

"Taxi" arranged by hotel could be private car service

• Thanks 1

Staying at the Copenhagen Marriott two nights pre-cruise.  I believe one posted it would be better for us to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and also from the hotel to the cruise pier.  Have an idea of estimated costs for two with four bags and carry-on?  Any other options as a back-up (i.e, the train to Central Station)?

Thanks much!

7 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Staying at the Copenhagen Marriott two nights pre-cruise.  I believe one posted it would be better for us to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and also from the hotel to the cruise pier.  Have an idea of estimated costs for two with four bags and carry-on?  Any other options as a back-up (i.e, the train to Central Station)?

Thanks much!

We stayed there in 2018. Nice hotel.. Took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to port. I don't recall the cost but don't think it was pricey.  We did use the train and buses but wouldn't do it with luggage.   These are commuter trains and no place for luggage.   Once you got to the central train station you would still need a bus or taxi to the hotel.  Take a taxi.

• Thanks 1

as by njkruzer take a taxi when luggage - its a 1 km (15 minutes) walk from Central station to Hotel.

price dos wary by weekday, weekend, public holiday or evening.

from airport to hotel DKK 250 to 300

From hotel to Oceankaj terminal DKK 300 to 350

7 hours ago, hallasm said:

as by njkruzer take a taxi when luggage - its a 1 km (15 minutes) walk from Central station to Hotel.

price dos wary by weekday, weekend, public holiday or evening.

from airport to hotel DKK 250 to 300

From hotel to Oceankaj terminal DKK 300 to 350

Looks like 300 kroner is about $45.

• Like 1

We are far from being able to just go and do what we want money wise, but sometimes you have to do what is best for you. We are older seniors, and we have two large suitcases and a couple of smaller carry ons and just the thought of hauling them around is daunting. So, that said, we pre booked a taxi, probably at a higher rate, but they will meet us at the arrivals and help with some of the shlepping. For us, it was more worthwhile than the lesser cost of finding a taxi and getting all our stuff out to it.

Cheers

Len

On 8/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, Giantfan13 said:

We are far from being able to just go and do what we want money wise, but sometimes you have to do what is best for you. We are older seniors, and we have two large suitcases and a couple of smaller carry ons and just the thought of hauling them around is daunting. So, that said, we pre booked a taxi, probably at a higher rate, but they will meet us at the arrivals and help with some of the shlepping. For us, it was more worthwhile than the lesser cost of finding a taxi and getting all our stuff out to it.

Cheers

Len

Make sense.

Very reasonable tradeoff

More agile folks with less luggage  may prefer to buy the "small" daypass and take the very comfortable train (not metro) from airport to central station, just walk outside and take the convenient bus (included in ticket from airport) which drops you right outside Marriott 

Marriot is one of those rare hotels in center of Copenhaggen that is truly air conditioned.

Tripadvisor information on most hotels is wrong.  Most hotels have air cooling (a ventilation system allowing minor cooling/heating). Even 5 star hotels like Radisson Royal doesn't have true AC.

Normally, you don't need AC in Coppenhaggen but lately summer is getting uncomfortable with climate change at least on few days/nights every year. 

@feelingnauti

As mentioned in previous post the price is varying by weekday, Sun-/holidays and time of day.
Week day from 8 am to 6 pm the price from airport to Nyhavn 71 is DKK 220 to 250 - night or holiday + DKK 50 to 60.

Tips are include in price.

Edited by hallasm