Just Our Cruise Canceled?

Customer service is closed and I'm in a minor panic. I logged onto Royal's website to take a look at an upcoming cruise I booked. It says I "have one canceled cruise" and "we're sorry but your voyage has been canceled". When I do a mock booking,  new bookings are still being sold. Any ideas or do I need to just sweat this out until tomorrow morning?

Edited to add that our cruise begins in Italy and ends in Barcelona. 

Edited by sjmbruce

There have been a few threads here on cruise critic about a ship swap between the Voyager and the Adventure starting in spring of 2023.  Maybe yours is one of those.  The Voyager will now be sailing out of Galveston and the Adventure out of Florida.  You should get an e-mail (or your TA may have gotten that e-mail).  They plan to put people in like cabins on the new sailings but that is going to take time.  Right now our Voyager cruise in 2024 shows cancelled in the cruise planner.

Edited by prmssk

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

There have been a few threads here on cruise critic about a ship swap between the Voyager and the Adventure starting in spring of 2023.  Maybe yours is one of those.  The Voyager will now be sailing out of Galveston and the Adventure out of Florida.  You should get an e-mail (or your TA may have gotten that e-mail).  They plan to put people in like cabins on the new sailings but that is going to take time.  Right now our Voyager cruise in 2024 shows cancelled in the cruise planner.

I wish this was the case for us, ours is out of Italy. 

2 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

I wish this was the case for us, ours is out of Italy. 

I re-read your original post and I realize you weren't talking about the Voyager specifically.  They are making a similar swap between the Brilliance and the Enchantment.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

I re-read your original post and I realize you weren't talking about the Voyager specifically.  They are making a similar swap between the Brilliance and the Enchantment.

Thank you, that information makes me feel a little less heart broken.  I'll hold back the tears until tomorrow.  

1 minute ago, sjmbruce said:

Thank you, that information makes me feel a little less heart broken.  I'll hold back the tears until tomorrow.  

There is a whole thread somewhere here in the last day or two about the Brilliance and Enchantment swap if you want to read more tonight.

15 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

you should have received an email from Royal about the ship swaps, and your options.   Did you book direct or use a TA?

Look for the thread on Brilliance cruises, talking about swap with Enchantment.  Someone posted the letter they’d received.    I think you have until August 18 to advise your decision.    Enchantment is smaller,  so it’s possible not all bookings will have same cabin category to transfer to.

Edited by ocean sounds
Added thread

20 minutes ago, prmssk said:

There is a whole thread somewhere here in the last day or two about the Brilliance and Enchantment swap if you want to read more tonight.

I found it, thank you for all of your help tonight. 

12 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

you should have received an email from Royal about the ship swaps, and your options.   Did you book direct or use a TA?

Look for the thread on Brilliance cruises, talking about swap with Enchantment.  Someone posted the letter they’d received.    I think you have until August 18 to advise your decision.    Enchantment is smaller,  so it’s possible not all bookings will have same cabin category to transfer to.

Thank you. I booked directly through their website but unfortunately I never received any information about the swap from Royal. So thankful for this website and fellow cruisers!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

Brilliance of the Seas, October 2023

Not canceled, just your ship has been redeployed, you will also be assigned another ship for your sailing. You will get another similar category  Cabin you had on Brilliance for the same price you are all ready paying. (Price Protected). Believe your new ship is  Enchantment.

Edited by Jimbo

7 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

Customer service is closed and I'm in a minor panic. I logged onto Royal's website to take a look at an upcoming cruise I booked. It says I "have one canceled cruise" and "we're sorry but your voyage has been canceled". When I do a mock booking,  new bookings are still being sold. Any ideas or do I need to just sweat this out until tomorrow morning?

Edited to add that our cruise begins in Italy and ends in Barcelona. 

Huge thread on this. Ever since the sailings were unable to book about a month ago. 
Straight swap Brilliance to Enchantment. Same sail dates/ports etc. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2867291-brilliance-of-the-seas-has-disappeared-from-the-mediterranean-from-may-to-september-in-2023/#comments

Edited by little britain

3 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

Could you please let me know why you'd advise taking the refund?

Lots of people think Enchantment is a major downgrade from the Brilliance.  I don't know which sailing you are on, but ours is such a port intensive cruise, and we've sailed Enchantment before so I know what to expect.  Plus it's a suite guarantee so there isn't an issue with cabin location.  Only you can decide once you are reassigned if it is something to keep or ditch.

Edited by vjmatty

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not canceled, just your ship has been redeployed, you will also be assigned another ship for your sailing. You will get another similar category  Cabin you had on Brilliance for the same price you are all ready paying. (Price Protected). Believe your new ship is  Enchantment.

Enchantment is a great ship and would prefer it over Brilliance.  Please update us when you know anything.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Lots of people think Enchantment is a major downgrade from the Brilliance.  I don't know which sailing you are on, but ours is such a port intensive cruise, and we've sailed Enchantment before so I know what to expect.  Plus it's a suite guarantee so there isn't an issue with cabin location.  Only you can decide once you are reassigned if it is something to keep or ditch.

Lots of people wrongly assume it's a major downgrade just due to the change in ship class.

• Like 1

On Enchantment now. Per our Concierge, EN has 22 full suites - a few less than Brilliance. I also think a few less balconies, but not 100% sure. EN only has one speciality dining venue - Chops.

EN does have a large pool deck area since the ship was "stretched" (+72 feet added) in 2005.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Lots of people wrongly assume it's a major downgrade just due to the change in ship class.

I don’t consider is a major downgrade exactly.  One of my best cruises was on one of her sister ships.   My concerns are 1) it’s in need of a dry dock refurbish.  Last dry dock was for routine maintenance only and I have seen a few cabin tours that worry me.   Brilliance likely needs one too but maybe not quite as badly.   2) I had booked an aft junior suite, and had deliberately selected a specific one.   Now I have no clue where I will end up.  

I am stressed as we just had cost conscious family book in June and other options would be outside their budget.  

2 minutes ago, mtempelaar said:

2) I had booked an aft junior suite, and had deliberately selected a specific one.   Now I have no clue where I will end up.  

I am stressed as we just had cost conscious family book in June and other options would be outside their budget.  

For this you are in luck...according to the deck plans, there are a lot more Aft JS on Enchantment than Brilliance.  In fact, there are twice as many JS as Brilliance in general.

As for the budget, if you decide to keep it RC will price protect.  If you decide to cancel, Explorer has very similar itineraries for a lot cheaper.  I am still trying to decide as there are a lot of reasons for me to keep us on EN.

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I am still trying to figure this out as I had an Amex promo rebate and OBC attached to my previous booking. If this is a cancel and rebook with a new reservation #, I will likely lose both perks and am screwed.