Question on refurbishing the Reflection

Oskial

We have cruised on the Reflection a couple of times in the past and have always enjoyed the ship.  However, the Reflection is due for refurbishing some time in January 2023 and i am wondering if they will continue to have the overhead compartments over the bed or are they going to eliminate them.  We have some collapsible storage boxes that we put there that fit quite nicely for keeping socks, underwear and other smaller things in them.  My question being, should we bring them again or leave them at home?   Maybe someone that has been on one of the S class ships that have been refurbished can answer the question.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  

Reflection is going into drydock on October 17, 2022 (the day we disembark her in Rome).  However, it's a short dry dock so I do not expect significant changes in the cabins.  I don't believe any of the S-class ships have had changes to the interior of the staterooms so I'm guessing (and it's a guess) that the overhead storage units above the bed (which are a challenge for me as I'm short) will be there when you board in January.

The Revolutionizing where they redid the cabins, added Retreat Sun Deck and redid decor in the public spaces was put on hold when the pandemic hit.

There has been no announcement of when it will restart.  I doubt it will be soon as they took on massive debt to survive and at this point they are not making a profit. 

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Reflection is going into drydock on October 17, 2022 (the day we disembark her in Rome).  However, it's a short dry dock so I do not expect significant changes in the cabins.  I don't believe any of the S-class ships have had changes to the interior of the staterooms so I'm guessing (and it's a guess) that the overhead storage units above the bed (which are a challenge for me as I'm short) will be there when you board in January.

I was told by future cruise consultant on board Eclipse a few days ago that the Sillouette was the only S class ship that has been "totally revolutionized " and the Equinox has had some of the work done...a retreat sun deck and completely redone Michael's Club. Perhaps some who have been on the Sillouette can verify.

Edited by edgee

If it anything like they did to the Summit a lot of storage space will be eliminated.  

We were in a SS on the Summit.  All of the shelves I think the bath  were eliminated, and the walk in closets with lights were eliminated. Appear they want the cabins to look like lofts.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅