Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Can’t answer that but wish they were! One of my favourite cities and itineraries up to Skagen & Aarhus etc! 

We cruised Serenade from Copenhagen in June 2016, including St. Petersburg (totally understand why SP is no longer included). One of my favorite parts was sailing through the archipelago into Stockholm. All those little islands were amazing to see. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Also not yet mentioned:

Limassol/Haifa cruises in 2024 seem to have been omitted.

But actually according to Limassol cruise schedule Jewel of the seas will do these cruises but they start in August in contrast of May in 2023 with Rhapsody ots.

Summer/Fall 2024

17/08/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

24/08/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

31/08/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

07/09/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

14/09/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

21/09/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

28/09/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

05/10/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

12/10/2024 Jewel of the seas Limassol from Santorini to Rhodes

We are booked on the Jewel Arctic Circle cruise, Aug 10-22, 2024.  Something’s wrong somewhere!

5 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

We are booked on the Jewel Arctic Circle cruise, Aug 10-22, 2024.  Something’s wrong somewhere!

It's easy for them to send the usual email:

We regret to inform you that due to a ship redeployment, your voyage xxx is cancelled. And then they offer the refund or alternatives...

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Most home porting decisions are likely $ based.

Have you looked at the rates Royal Is currently requesting for Northern Europe 2023 and 2024? This is much more than any US (Caribbean, Alaska or Northeast) deployment can bring into their pocket. Yes Baltic season 2022 was very poor with the first time a big ship was based in Copenhagen but the market is back to normal now and other cruise lines from the US and Europe fill big and new ships in the Baltic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Possible. But what would the plan be for Summer 25 then if Odyssey is going to Southampton 🤔

Odyssey for Southampton/Cape Liberty and Anthem year round from Rome maybe? That way, they keep a Quantum Class in the market, albeit one that is a bit older in exchange for having it year round.

16 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Test sailings are up. 

Odyssey to Cape Liberty

Oasis in Fort Lauderdale for 6/8 nighters

Rhapsody in San Juan starting in June, and I assume will continue through winter

Jewel in Galveston. 9 night itinerary is showing

Explorer on longer cruises from Miami

Radiance in Tampa for 7 nighters

Brilliance in NOLA for 7 nighters 

Will post more if I find any

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223225.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223152.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223121.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223039.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223615.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223751.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 223936.png

I don't see the Odyssey's itineraries for January 2025. I hope they're keeping the 11 day sailings out of Cape Liberty.

21 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

the market is back to normal now and other cruise lines from the US and Europe fill big and new ships in the Baltic. 

The itinerary designers (assuming in consultation with the bean counters) at RCI don't seem to agree.

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

I don't see the Odyssey's itineraries for January 2025. I hope they're keeping the 11 day sailings out of Cape Liberty.

These are just the test uploads. All the sailings won’t be available until next week. But the St Maarten port schedule suggests Odyssey will be doing 11 night itineraries in January 2025

• Like 1

They are gonna be big changes in Northern Europe from 2026 and onwards.

The strict restrictions on emissions will play a key role in to which ships will be used up there and how many it will be.

Check this:

https://www.sdir.no/en/news/news-from-the-nma/proposed-requirement-to-achieve-zero-emissions-in-the-world-heritage-fjords-by-2026/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

afraid that may alert and red flag the GS, OS pricing deals. 

TA got it done for us.  She said these sailings are a hot topic amongst TA's........ If the word is that widespread,  Royal is sure to catch wind of it.

Prices are unchanged as of a few minutes ago.....

Edited by STEVE-O
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

The strict restrictions on emissions will play a key role in to which ships will be used up there and how many it will be.

Check this:

https://www.sdir.no/en/news/news-from-the-nma/proposed-requirement-to-achieve-zero-emissions-in-the-world-heritage-fjords-by-2026/

New Zealand won’t be far behind,I have often wondered about the clouds of garbage that fill the fjords.

Just about every captains corner someone brings it up . 

It’s just steam ,nothing to be concerned about. LOL

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Have you looked at the rates Royal Is currently requesting for Northern Europe 2023 and 2024? This is much more than any US (Caribbean, Alaska or Northeast) deployment can bring into their pocket. Yes Baltic season 2022 was very poor with the first time a big ship was based in Copenhagen but the market is back to normal now and other cruise lines from the US and Europe fill big and new ships in the Baltic. 

Though Royal is making a Ton on all the Ships stopping at Coco Cay now, think all that money going into their Pocket.

29 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

TA got it done for us.  She said these sailings are a hot topic amongst TA's........ If the word is that widespread,  Royal is sure to catch wind of it.

Prices are unchanged as of a few minutes ago.....

Glad you are all booked!  I also booked one a few days ago.  Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

57 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Check this:

This applies to the Norwegian Fjords but not to the Baltic, UK, Western Europe or the bigger City stops in Scandinavia. But yes, further deployment changed will be required. Utopia as LNG ship would be suitable but too big for most ports. Maybe this is why Royal is slowly leaving Northern Europe, wrong ships…

5 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

This applies to the Norwegian Fjords but not to the Baltic, UK, Western Europe or the bigger City stops in Scandinavia. But yes, further deployment changed will be required. Utopia as LNG ship would be suitable but too big for most ports. Maybe this is why Royal is slowly leaving Northern Europe, wrong ships…

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Check this:

Interesting.  Does any cruise line have zero emission ships in the pipeline? 

Jewel of the Seas disappeared also from Reykjaviks cruise list on August 2024. Only the 2 calls in May and June remain. So I expect a shorter Northern Europe season for Jewel, last planned cruise could be the 11 night British Isles cruise on 18 July 2024 before heading to the Med.

29 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Interesting.  Does any cruise line have zero emission ships in the pipeline? 

Wasn’t icon supposed to be a hydrogen full cell ?

That would be the only practical fuel unless they had a battery pack for entering the fjords.

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Wasn’t icon supposed to be a hydrogen full cell ?

That would be the only practical fuel unless they had a battery pack for entering the fjords.

Yes, Icon has fuel cell and LNG.  Of course it won’t be going to Norway.   

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It does have hydrogen fuel cells? I thought they dropped that.

Maybe the rumours of the new Discovery class ,it might have something.

I may have read outdated information.  
Can’t imagine the ship could travel far on a fuel cell