Test Required for Boarding in Rome

9 minutes ago, at last finallly said:

Just booked Wonder of the Seas today for Sept sail  

Understand I been to give a negative test? Last year RC did this before we boarded? Where and how far before sail date should I get? Thanks for any info in advance 

The test needs to be complete up to 2 days prior to sailing and the day of sailing does not count.  sail on Saturday and you can test on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.  

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The test needs to be complete up to 2 days prior to sailing and the day of sailing does not count.  sail on Saturday and you can test on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.  

Many thanks for this. So it's a PCR? Or Lateral flow? 

1 minute ago, at last finallly said:

Many thanks for this. So it's a PCR? Or Lateral flow? 

As of now - Lateral flow. And I think if you sail on Saturday, then Thursday and Friday are the days you should be tested. Many pharmacies in Rome are providing this test, depends when you plan to arrive in Rome....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

As of now - Lateral flow. And I think if you sail on Saturday, then Thursday and Friday are the days you should be tested. Many pharmacies in Rome are providing this test, depends when you plan to arrive in Rome....

You can also test on the Saturday.  It is only unvaccinated kids who cannot test the day of embarkation as they get another test at the pier

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

My "rationale" being that I wouldn't want to test myself the day of embarkation... 😉

I'm testing as soon as we get off the plane next week in Copenhagen.  Unfortunately we can'tdo it before we leave as that's 3 days early but once we land we are 2 days early

• Like 1

1 minute ago, at last finallly said:

Day of boarding bit risky...

Bit more than a bit, I'd say.

If your travel schedule allows, do it before you set off from home. If you're unlucky enough to test positive it's far better to still be on home turf.

Also, keep watching this board in case Royal decide to do away with testing between now and your sail date. If that happens it will be reported here within about three nano seconds of the news being released. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm testing as soon as we get off the plane next week in Copenhagen.  Unfortunately we can't do it before we leave as that's 3 days early but once we land we are 2 days early

That's what we have done... We tested Saturday, two hours before leaving for our flight to Rome, for a Monday embarkation.

Didn't want to fly out if the test was positive. Bought airline tickets fully refundable.

Enjoy your cruise, and the wonderful company 😁

In the end, I tested positive on our return 😢

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's what we have done... We tested Saturday, two hours before leaving for our flight to Rome, for a Monday embarkation.

Didn't want to fly out if the test was positive. Bought airline tickets fully refundable.

Enjoy your cruise, and the wonderful company 😁

In the end, I tested positive on our return 😢

We will do a home test before getting on the plane "just to be sure" then the test for the cruise line as soon as we land

• Like 3